Event: Carnival Day (2)

Tokki Prince Charming

 


"Yeehaw! That was fun! We should do that again!" Soeun laughed, holding onto her wet pink high heels.

"That landing must have hit your head hard foolish girl. We almost died." Daehyun said, holding onto his soaked shoes.

"And that was a splendid adventure we got to experience once in our lifetime!" She playfully skipped around him in loops.

"Good for you, little one." He as they were both walking alongside the sandy beach next to the ocean water.

"You know, at that moment, I really felt your warmth and love for me, Jung Daehyun." She stopped their tracks to explain and wrap her arms around his neck. "I will."

     They both gazed into each other's eyes.

"Marry you." She kissed him on the cheeks and Daehyun pecked his lips onto her forehead.

"Too bad, the ring is lost..." He remembered, heaving a sigh.

"Don't worry... I have already found that ring in my heart." She expressed.

The both of them happily smiled and embraced each other for a warm hug.


Superstarhyo, Inc.: Hyosung's bedroom


"Which man gave you such an extravagant jewelry, Jun Hyosung!?! He must be my love rival!" Hyosung said to herself in a low male voice.

"No way Hyosung! Who's that prince charming!?! I am very jealous of you!" She squeaked in a high female voice.

"Muahaha. Oh please, you guys are making me blush!" She said, finishing her small role-play by herself on how people would react if they had seen the ring on her finger and envied her.

"Kehehehe!" She jumped onto her bed and kicked her feet nonstop in mid-air.

She thought to herself. Mother, you must be watching over me right? Because I received an enormous amount of luck earlier today. She looked at the ring and hugged it against her chest. Please continue to watch over me, mother. Tomorrow I must win and clinch the prize money. It will ticket me in for that dress I plan to wear to your commemoration concert. She smiled, still cuddling onto the ring. Her eyelids gradually closed until she fell into a deep peaceful sleep.


"Alrighty ladies and gentlemen! Welcome back for the second day of our wonderful chuseok carnival! Today is the sedan race competition! The winner will receive a $200 reward. Exciting right!?! Who will that winner be!?! Come on babys, let's go!" Himchan declared to a large crowd of audience.

     Everyone, including G.NA, Zelo, and Manager Joo, were gathered all around the beach to spectate and cheer. There are seven competitors total, and Hyosung is one of them. She began to stretch her entire body to prep herself for a good run. Most of the contestants were male, but she was not afraid. She proudly showed off her guns as a proof of strength and kept her head up to prove she is also a strong-willed person.

"Attention! If you want to succeed, follow the rules and instructions. First, each of you will have to wear a mini sedan chair on your backs at all times. Great! Second, you will swim to reach and grab at least two red flags on those buoys. Got it? Lastly, return back to land and spin this ribbon pole. Understood? Okay, now huddle up because the race will begin!" Himchan reported.

     The contestants had lined themselves side-by-side with sedan chairs ready on their back.

"You will start on the mark of my toy gun sound." Himchan shouted in clarity.

     *     c     l     i     c     k     -     B     O     O     M     *     

 

Hyosung sprint her way straight into the water.

 

     *      f     w     o     o     s     h     *    

"You can do it, Hyosung dear!" Manager Joo gestured.

"Run Hyosunggie-noona! Run like the wind!" Zelo cheered.

"Go go go, Jun Hyosung!" G.NA screamed her lungs out.

Hyosung was in the water and she swam as fast as she could to bypass her opponents.

     *      s     w     i     m     *    

 

Woot! One flag down, another one left to go! Hehe. I shall claim that $200!

 

     *      s     w     i     m     *    

 

I am coming for you buoy! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming~! Yes! Almost ther——!

 

     *      s      p     l     i     s     h     *    

 

Darn! Why!!?! Not now please!

 

     *     s     p     l     a     s     h     *     

 

Ouch! Leg cramp! Leg cramp! Leg cramp!

 

     *      s      p     l     i     s     h     *     

 

"Ga——! Someone help me! Puh——!" Hyosung shouted in-between her breaths, trying to prevent herself from drowning by using the sedan chair as a float supporter.

 

     *     s     p     l     a     s     h     *     

 

"Anybo——!?! My leg! I am——cram——!" Hyosung cried desperately for help.

 

     *      s      p     l     i     s     h     -     s     p     l     a     s     h     *     

The other competitors unfortunately could not hear her, did not believe her, or concerned themselves on reaching the prize goal. On the other hand, the spectators, especially G.NA, Zelo, and Manager Joo, were rather paranoid as they waited for a rescue team to arrive.

      *     V     a     R     o     0     o     M     *     

Thankfully a sports cruiser boat came in time to save her. Leaving behind the mini sedan chair, the person brought her into the boat for safety. They both sat down by the edge of the boat steps to rest.

     On land, G.NA questioned Zelo about who that savior could be.

"Huff. Puff. YOU AGAIN!!!!!! Huff. Puff." Hyosung yelled, gasping for air and wiping her face with her left arm.

     Daehyun did not reply and gave her the cold shoulders. Then to his surprise, he noticed the ring on her finger when he glared at her for a bit. It is the most rare diamond star ring created by Madame Sunhwa and he can recognize it anywhere. He became dumbfounded that the ring has fallen into that girl's hands. No, stunned to the max that it is on her finger to be exact!

"You!?! How and where did you get this ring from?" He aggressively grabbed her left hand.

"Wae? Does that belong to you?" She pulled her hand away from his.

     He continued to stare at her in disbelief.

"Fine. If you help me win the competition, I'll return this ring to you. Deal?"

"Heol! As if! This ring is very important to me!" He yanked her left hand towards him again to try and remove the ring off her finger.

"Aiish!" She jerked her hand away from him once more and stood up. "I asked you if we have a deal." Then she put her left hand up to his face level. "If not, I will throw this ring into the sea."

"Haw! Preposterous! Give that ring back to me! It is not yours to begin with!" He fought against her stubbornness, tugging her left hand while standing as well.

"Yah ert! Let go of me!" She contested.

The more they pushed and pulled together, the harder the boat rocked back and forth.

     *     s     w     a     y     *     

The boat shook heavily, causing them to lose their balance.

"Uw——ah!" Hyosung screamed and fell into the sea, followed by Daehyun.

     *      s      p     l     a     s     h     --     s     p     l     a     s     h     *     


    

[Music Insert: True Love Theme for Daehyun vs Fated Person Theme for Hyosung]

After falling from the edge of the boat steps into the water, Hyosung met with trouble again. She was unable to heal from the leg cramp earlier. This led her to challenge herself from drowning any further. She did her best to control the situation. In the end, she was of no match to the painful muscle strain on her leg. She began to sink below little by little losing conscious.

     *      s     w     i     m     *    

 

Daehyun notices and immediately swam towards her. He dragged her inside the boat and laid her body flat on the surface. Then he checked her pulse for any signs of circulation, airway, and breathing. Not a single sign of life, he decided to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). He adjusted her head, lift her chin upwards, pinched her nose, and leaned in to give her two rescue breathes.

 

     *      b     l     o     w     *    

 

Still no signs of life, he brought both his hands onto the center of her chest to complete thirty compressions.

 

     *      p     u     m     p     *    

 

He stopped to tap her face softly a couple of times. She did not provide any responses thus far, so he repeated.

 

     *      b     l     o     w     *    

The minute he leaned in closer to give her one last full rescue breathing, Hyosung coughed out water and opened her eyes WIDE and BLINKED instantaneously. They looked at each other for a brief moment. Daehyun loosened his hands from her nose and jaws, and then quietly moved away from her face.

"YOU!!!! Noo0OO0oo!!!" She whimpered, sitting up and pointing at him.

"It means nothing. I was simply doing CPR." He explained, standing.

"Wahahaha! I would rather kiss a bunny!" She sobbed touching her lips.

Daehyun had no comment and wiped his lips.

"YAY!!!!!" A nearby random contestant celebrated in victory holding two red flags.

"Eh!?!?! Uhuhuhuhu!!!! My $200!!!" She whined and slapped her own legs with disappointment.

     *     c     l     i     c     k     -     B     O     O     M     *     

And with that, the race is over.

 

[To be continued.]


A/N: Crazy color codes. Anyways, enjoy, especially lovedaehyun~! keukeu. I miss seeing SECRET perform onstage.