Event: IOU

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Superstarhyo, Inc.: Bathroom


"That erted punk! How dare he kiss me!" Hyosung aggressively brushes her teeth three times, talking angrily to her own reflection in the mirror. "Shoot! There goes my $200 too! I'll make him pay for this! Grr!"

"Jun Hyosung, stop brushing! Once is enough! We can't afford to waste water! It ain't cheap! You hear me?" G.NA yelled at her from a distance, noticing how unusually long she is taking being inside the bathroom.

"Ah——araseo!" She shouted back, washing her toothbrush until the toothpaste dissolves.

     *     D     I     N     G    *     

She remembers that the ring on her finger is very valuable to him. Therefore she plans to make use of the ring. "Everything will be settled once and for all!" She affirmed, rushing to her bedroom to change clothes. Before leaving, she latched the love amulet onto her belt area of her jeans for good luck.


TS Motel


"Is anybody there!?!" Hyosung fumed, slamming her hand onto the reception desk to call out an attendant that can further assist her. "Hello! Anyone? I am looking for...!" She paused, realizing that she has no clue what his name was at all. "Wait, what is his name?" She pondered, taking the guest log-in file folder on the counter to verify the list of names inputted. As she skimmed through the pages for the most up to date visits, she could not find any information provided. "Huh...no recent records?"

"Pardon me! Is there anyone that can service my request? The bedroom light is dim and the sink han...dle..." Daehyun came down the staircase to ask for assistance, only to have met with Hyosung.

"Hmph. Just the right person I want to see. My money, please?" She said, placing one side of her hand onto her waist and the other outwardly open to him.

"My ring, please?" He counterattacked.

     They glared at each other with fiery eyes.

"If not, we have nothing else to discuss over about." He said.

     You + me = outside now. She gestured, warning him to take their problems outdoor to resolve.

     Both stood still glaring at each other outside in front of TS Motel entrance.

"Return my ring. I loathe seeing it on your finger." Daehyun coldly stated, putting one hand out open to her.

"Haw! It is all your fault that I lost the race and you must compensate for my loss." Hyosung crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, bringing her left hand up to his eye level to show him the ring.

"Is this your method of harrassing people for money? I can sue you for unreasonable enrichment." He argued.

"Heol! Watch your words and who wants your ring anyways? Cheh! You can have it back!" She dogged him, while trying to pull the ring off her finger. However she was having difficulty trying to remove the ring.

"Hmph. Is it that tight that you cannot take off the ring? Or are you doing whatever you can just to get money?" He scoffed.

"Hey! It actually is stuck on my finger!" She answered.

"Lame excuse. You should have the decency as a human to earn your own money through hardwork." He said, not believing her.

"Mwo!?! I did work hard for my money! But you sabotaged all my efforts during that race!" She blurted furiously.

>> • <<

Daehyun gulped, keeping a straight face throughout their conversation.

"Not to mention! I was taken advantage of when I was unconscious...y-you...k-kissed...me..." She stuttered.

"I already told you that it was CPR."

"Ugh! I feel violated!"

"Then what do you exactly want? To sue me?" He blinked his eyes in slow motion.

"I specified what I wanted, you to compensate for my losses. That is $200 for the competition prize award money, including an additional $1000 for the kiss I experienced as emotional trauma. The sum total of all the trouble you caused me is $1200." She informed, putting her right hand out.

"If you do not understand the difference between a CPR and a kiss, go back to middle school and retake health education!" He raised his voice.

"Hah! Fine, whatever, I get it. Since you are oh so smart and good at it, why don't you teach me? If every man says that a kiss was merely a CPR, then they are no erts as you say! I, for o——!!!" She rambled, exaggerating her words.

In the middle of her lecture, Daehyun eventually became fed up, provoking him to grab her around the waist and then draw her in closer towards him.

     *     P     U     L     L     S     *    

 

Their lips meet.

 

     *     K    I     S     S     *    

 

Shocked as she ever was, Hyosung froze in place with her eyes wide open.

 

     *     K    I     S     S     *    

 

He slowly parted from her lips.

 

     *     R     E     L     E     A     S     E     S     *     

 

"You have never been in love, have you? This is what people call a k-i-s-s." He explained, facing a dumbstruck Hyosung.

 

     *     T     O     K     K    I   -   T     O     K     K     I     *     

The tokki sounded off from Hyosung's amulet. Beyond stun in one spot still, she could not comprehend her surroundings.

"This was not your expectation, right? Rather than money, you gave yourself up to receive a kiss from me instead." He pointed.

     She twitched , gulped, and looked down elsewhere as she could not face him directly after what had just happened.

"Don't bother thinking that you are able to fleece anyone. Be careful with who you choose and mess with, because you will face the consequences." He ended their discussion, feeling a tiny guiltiness at first, but ignored it.

     Just when Daehyun turned to leave and walk back inside of TS Motel, Hyosung snapped back to reality.

"Wait right there! Don't move!" She said, looking at him with shivering eyes. "My family does business and my omma taught me to never allow myself to be taken advantage of by others!"

"And so?" He questioned.

"An I owe you (IOU), you owe me one!" She threatened him as she searched for a paper around them that she could use. She found a poster on a nearby pillar, ripped it off, and went up to him. "My first kiss was stolen by you and you shall pay for it one day!"

After shouting at Daehyun, she tried to search for a pen in her mini bags and jean pockets. "Oh... My pen...? Where is my pen...?"

     Daehyun pulls out his own pen from his sweatpant pockets and held it in the air. She snatched his pen, but fails to pull the cap off. He notices and stares at her with sluggish eyes, grabs the pen gently from her hand and carefully twists the cap off in front of her face. She took the pen from his hand and wrote something on the back of the poster, then gives it to him to sign.

"Here, sign it!" She demanded.

Seriously. He thought as he read what she had written onto the poster. "You stole my first kiss, and you owe me one!"

"What? Are you afraid to sign the agreement form?" She asked.

He looked at her again with lazy eyes, blinked, and put out his hand to tell her that he needs his pen in order to do so.

     *     S     I     G     N     S     *    

 

He authorized his signature.

 

     *     T     O     K     K    I   -   T     O     K     K     I     *     

Hyosung yanked the poster out from his hands.

"I hope this IOU does not become a mockery in the future." He said and left.

"Cheh! That ain't my problem, but yours!!" She shouted back at him, who was walking into the halls of TS Motel.

Hyosung then turned to leave. After taking a few steps forward, she looked at the poster again and had a flashback of their kiss earlier. A drop of water suddenly dripped onto the poster. Tears were falling from her eyes. She brought her cold hands to her eyes and cheeks, wiping the flow of tears away...

     *     H     o     0     g     U   -   H     o     0     g     U     *    

Stop crying, Jun Hyosung! It is only a kiss! Nothing more! It ain't worth it to cry over something especially small like this. GAAAH! Why am I such a horrible loser...? Why am I ruining my own life...? I won't be able to buy that dress either... Appa... Omma... What should I do...? UGGGH!  No... I need to stop crying... It won't solve anything. Jun Hyosung, stay calm and everything will be fine! You can do it! Fighting! Mhmm!

>> • <<

The next morning, Daehyun was getting ready to take his leave from TS Motel. That is 'til Manager Joo dropped to the ground on his knees in front of him. This shocked Daehyun, as he tried to get him to stand back up on his feet. However Manager Joo would not listen as he flail his whole body begging him not to destroy the village for the holiday resort project and to think about the residents who are residing there as well. It was his final request.

     To his dismay, Daehyun said the construction will still be in effect and that is his final answer, unless he is no longer the GM of Matoki.

Once Daehyun and his team left the village to return home, Manager Joo looked up into the cloudy sky and exclaimed that Jung Daehyun is to blame for him to be driven to his wits ends!


Matoki Hotel Time


Daehyun had finally returned to Matoki.

     Jongup immediately notify him that Deputy GM Youngjae is waiting in his office and something does not seem right. Before heading to his office, he went to meet Soeun at the reception desk first. He notices that the other two female receptionists are bullying her, such as being late and pressuring her to stay away from the CEO, reasons because she is a new employee and they like the CEO. Thus he stepped in to greet her personally and told her that their engagement day is tomorrow so she will need to try on her gown tonight. They exchanged smiles with each other causing the two receptionists to shut their mouths afterwards.

     In Daehyun's office, Youngjae threw a disk onto Daehyun's writing desk once he took his seat and asked him what the urgent matter is regarding about. Youngjae explained to him that luckily they were capable in concealing the truth because he had to compromise with a reporter, who had dined at their hotel, managed to secretly film Brian Joo's suicidal attempt incident. Daehyun did not show much care about the issue, making Youngjae mad. He clarified to Daehyun that if the reporter had exposed the evidence, Matoki's reputation will be damaged and their image can hurt any relations with third parties. Once again, Daehyun was not concerned because he justified that the disk has nothing to do with the contracts' regulations. This boiled Youngjae to tell him that the disk was costly to retrieve from the reporter and to proceed with caution. Because if Matoki's reputation falls apart, who will take on the responsiblity he questioned Daehyun.

     Without fret, Daehyun said that no one asked him to purchase the disk and by doing so can be a trap. Youngjae enlightened Daehyun about the domino effect and reminded him that he also owns one-third of the shares to Matoki. Therefore the company belongs to him too. He even warned Daehyun to watch out for his actions and be more responsible. However Daehyun said that he is being too insecure and that is the problem to why most of his business dealings are a failure. Furthermore, he should take a vacation and spend time on figuring out what is the most efficient solution to approach with.

     Youngjae became irate, saying that his way of management and actions are ruthless. Plus, be prepared for the worst because there must be a lot of people who cannot wait to see him to fall. They looked at each other with menacing eyes. Daehyun broke the stare and silence by informing him that he will keep his advice in mind. He threw the disk back to him and returned to work.

Youngjae slammed the door as he left, while Daehyun was in a deep thought process.


At the patio, Ilwoo was busy instructing Ven and the rest of the staffs on organizing plans for the engagement event. Daehyun shows up to thank Ilwoo for preparing their engagement party, but asks him to change the champagne roses to white roses. Ilwoo replied that Soeun loves white roses. This triggered Daehyun to say that he knows Soeun better than him, such as her favorite candy, her hobbies, and her desires. Ilwoo chuckled, explaining that they have never been in good terms since little because he was only able to find out now that the person that knew her the best was himself. Daehyun smirked and told him that they could have had a fair battle, if only he did not lack preserverance and always choosing the path on giving up, which is a trait to hate.

     Ilwoo believes in completing tasks alone, but Daehyun believes that a competition requires to have two contestants at least. Nonetheless, Ilwoo honestly hates competitions because that upsets the balance in peace and harmony. He is a social being who loves everyone as they are and embracing the crowd. Daehyun replied that a man of the masses will always be bullied. Leading Ilwoo to question if he likes to be a porcupine, Daehyun smiled and answered that at least he is not the needle-holder.

     Soeun arrives and greets them at a distant.

Daehyun whispers to Ilwoo on who will Soeun choose to embrace as she walks over, "you or the porcupine?" since he loves to embrace the crowd.

     The moment Soeun walked closer to the two, Ilwoo gently moved his left hand up. In the end, Soeun wrapped her arms around Daehyun's left arm. Disappointed by the outcome, Ilwoo kept smiling and told them he has things to do when Soeun asked him to join them for a family dinner. He also concluded to Daehyun that this was better than having someone being persuaded to give up their hotel when Daehyun said he will leave the preparations in his hands as they left from his sight.

     Ilwoo had a small flashback on how he met Soeun. It was him, who first found her alone standing by the gates of Matoki. They were only kids. He approached her, asking where her parents were, what is her name, and not to be scared, "hold my hands and you will not be afraid." Just when she was about to hold his hands, Daehyun cuts in and tells Ilwoo that his parents are looking for him. Afterwards, Daehyun turns and sees Soeun, "Here. Take my hand. Follow me and you will not be afraid. I will protect you from now on." Soeun nods and took Daehyun's hands.

     After his flashback ended, New Champ comes to interrupt and tell him that he saw Daehyun and Soeun leaving together not long ago. Then he asks Ilwoo if he is going to just sit and watch the girl he loves marry another man. Ilwoo said that he already decided to give up on her and to never speak about this matter again. New Champ expressed on how he is very concerned for him and questions whether or not the engagement will continue to go on, if one of them does not appear. Shocked, Ilwoo told New Champ not to think nor do anything rash and reassured him that he has officially given up on Soeun.

     The minute Ilwoo left, New Champ recalled on how Ilwoo has always treated him and his family well by paying for all of his living expenses when he was in prison, while his wife was pregnant, and his mom had passed away. Ilwoo even mentioned that he was his only great brother. Their kinship was strong, that New Champ vowed on willing to die for him.

"Big brother, I owe you one."


A/N:

Thanks again for reading and anticipating! Tip: Daehyun isn't a player, if you know what I mean from this chapter! Random: I miss Hyosung's beautiful long locks.