Attempt: Nothing Is Impossible (1)

Tokki Prince Charming

 


 

Underneath an awning, Daehyun sheltered himself against the vast heavy rain, but was suddenly forced upon rescuing a damsel in distress.

"Kamsahamnida," the pale girl thanked him after removing her stiletto heels stuck below a mud puddle.

"No problem." he gave her a you're welcome nod before rushing back.

"Ah Mister hold on!" she called her hero to return and hover her umbrella above him.

"Yes Miss?"

"Say, who are you?"

"I am Hyosung's cousin, Wonbin. Currently staying at her place too."

"Jun Hyoung's cousin? This is the first time I've heard." her eyebrows squeezed and head tilted.

He then recalled an incident where Zelo and Hyosung fought over a photo. "Could-you-be...Choco?"

"Omona. You know me! I suppose you must have. My beauty is quite famous here. Am I right?"

     Daehyun chuckled, especially reminiscing Zelo crushing on her and silly Hyosung's disapproval.

[tap splash; indistinct sounds of footsteps and water splatter]

     In-between their introduction came running a female silhouette. Her speed gradually decreased when she recognized the two. Her gummy smile faded realizing they are sharing an umbrella. Her jaws fell to the floor at the very sight of Choco fixing Daehyun's damped fringes. She couldn't stand watching them exchange friendly looks. Neither her veins are ready to burst. So she made her full stop from a distance and fleed the scene with her only favorite umbrella.

>> • <<

Zelo and G.NA wrapped their night doing inventory count, while Hyosung barely arrived home.

"Welcome back Hyosunggie-noona! Where's Wonbin-hyung?"

"Eo. That's right. Hyo-honey, weren't you looking for him?"

Hyosung closed her umbrella and placed it onto the doorknob to hang dry, then flat out replied, "He's dead."

Shortly after, a male lightly voiced her name from behind. She turned around and glared into his brown eyes.

"Outta my way. You're blocking my path." she shoved him and darted towards her room.

"Speak of the devil," G.NA sassily said. "Busy boy you are, Wonbin, coming home this late. And where'd you get that flourescent fuchsia parasol ruffle umbrella? It doesn't look like ours. Who lent it to you?"

"Choco."

G.NA now understands why Hyosung behaved the way she did a moment ago, "OoO0Oo."

"What?"

"Wha?" she mimicked, walking off leaving Daehyun completely confused.

"Huh? Wha? Wha?! What!?!"

Last but not least, a sparkly eyed Zelo approached him and gently took the umbrella from his hand. "Hyuuuung~ Is it true? This belongs to Choco?"

"Yes." Daehyun raised one side of his eyebrow.

"Wonbin-hyuuung, can you please teach me how you got Choco to let you borrow her umbrella?"

"Eh?" he raised both his eyebrows.

"Well, Choco and I grew up together. But she has never looked at me once." Zelo sighed.

     Poor kid, Daehyun thought. He begins explaining word-for-word he had learned when he had asked a particular girl the purpose of saving TS Motel. It was Hyosung's enlightenment about the value of life and a person's existence. Baby Zelo rejoiced at first, but ended up stretching his brain trying to make sense of what Daehyun had just taught him. Thereafter, Daehyun takes notice of a dangling item attached by Hyosung's umbrella handle.

     Inside Hyosung's bedroom, she was throwing punches at her rabbit shaped pillow, while sitting on her bed.

[knock knock]

"Get lost! Don't bother me! I'm sleeping! Wasn't playing Casonova enough for you earlier?"

"You forgot your amulet. Don't you want your good luck charm to get rich men?"

"Nonsense! My amulet is in my..."

[tokki tokki x2]

"...possession." she threw her pillow aside and popped open her window.

     Daehyun's back was facing Hyosung. She sees him toying with her lucky charm and immediately snatched it away. He turned and had a slight smirk on his face.

"Why do you always play with my charm? If you like it so much, you should go get one youself weirdo."

He diverts the subject, "Were you concerned for me?"

"Hah! Who would be? I could care less if you had gotten soaked under such rainy condition without an umbrella."

His body fidget asking, "When I was with Choco, were you jealous? Even a little?"

"Heol! Why should I? A pretentious woman like her and a fisherman like you are in fact well-suited for each other." she exaggerated and continues, "Besides, my rich friend and I patched up. We're progressing extremely well that there is a chance we might date in the near future."

His expression became sullen, "But aren't you the one who begged to be his girlfriend and also chose not to be on speaking terms with him?"

"Aiiiyoooo. Isanghae (you are weird/strange). How come every good news you hear twists into bad news? Anyways have I ever mentioned anything about you and Choco being together? Did I?"

"Choco spared me her umbrella. We..." he paused and caught himself off guard. "Odd. Why am I explaining myself to you? Must be the lack of rest. Time for bed. Good night."

"Tch. Why am I explaining myself to you?" she imitated alone. "Pfffffft! Keuheeheehee!"

[tokki -- tokki]

>> • <<

A new day, a new challenge. Hyosung, Daehyun, Zelo, and G.NA received an urgent call informing them about a protest. There were angry mobs of villager gathered in front of TS Motel. Everyone indoors was trying to think of a plan to calm the villagers. However, their time just ran out. The villagers demanded explanation now. Hyosung followed Brian outside. She tried reasoning with them, but failed and even the presence of police officer Himchan couldn't restrain them. Regardless of hardwork or responsibility proposed by Brian, the villagers are rather upset because he lied to them. If he had told them the truth from the beginning, then their homes would not be stripped from them tomorrow.

"Let's get him!" the villagers chanted and further protested using eggs.

     Brian did not move a single inch. He kept his head low with shame resulting Hyosung to put herself in danger to protect him from every egg bullets aimed at him. Little did she know, next came flying a wooden chair in her direction.

[kerplun; the chair broke]

Ah. Strange? I don't feel any pain. Hyosung thought. She becomes aware that a warm aura has been shielding her and felt a pair of hands grasping onto her shoulder. She began sweating as her heart burned finding, Wonbin...you...

"Guu-ugh! That's enough!" Daehyun shouted and panted, trying to concentrate. "Is everybody satisfied now? Cause you all should be after releasing your tantrum. Otherwise reflect on your action. Because destroying objects will not solve the issue and Boss Joo did everything he could. How about you? What can you do next?"

"Then what do you suggest we should do?" said Himchan.

"Based on land scale, I doubt they will wipe this village clean in one go. They will most likely need a great amount of time. Therefore, let's use those time wisely—managing negotiations and searching solutions."

"And how do you suppose Matoki will help?" the ringleader questioned.

"Nothing is impossible if you put your mind and soul into fighting the thing you care about most in life."

     Hyosung was taken aback by Daehyun's sudden statement. She smiled for a moment knowing whose the person that advised him those exact words. Brian as well finally spoke, apologizing yet thanking the villagers for all the times they had given him moral support. Himchan cleared the protesters out, letting the villagers leave with sympathy and forgiveness.

[seagulls squawk]

     At the lighthouse, Hyosung tossed rocks and pebbles skipping on the surface of the ocean. Later joined by Daehyun. He offered her a yogurt soft drink, but declined because loss of appetite. His curiousity drove him to ask her again why they refuse giving up on something that they already know has no hope.

"No matter how difficult the road may be, never give up. Despair can turn into hope. Danger can turn into opportunity." she paused and looked at him. "You taught me that."

"Despite trying, Boss Joo has given up. Why continue?"

"You still don't get it. Do you?" she fumed. "My whole childhood memories are here. This is home. It is a part of my life. Can't you understand at least?"

"I don't." he simply replied. "I feel nothing."

Her eyes became watery. "Obviously. A man like you who has no memories can't feel anything. It means nothing to you."

"I am able to think rational with the absence of my emotions and memories. The best logical option is: give up."

She bit her lips and gulped. "Lemme tell you something. I won't be indebt of your protection earlier 'cause that act to me was FOOLISH!"

"Yes, that was pretty dumb. I am thinking now why did I bothered myself to save a stupid girl who lets her emotions manipulate herself." he retorted.

"I-I'm done talking with you. You only make me feel rage." she finished and turned her entire body away from him.

[pelicans clack]

     From Hyosung's frontview, she seems sturdy (tough). But her backview, she is fragile (weak).

[sniffles]

"Mianhae," Daehyun slowly placed one hand onto her shoulder and then let goes. "Mian, I couldn't be of any help for you."

[snivels]

     Eventually Hyosung turns around. She spots Daehyun standing quietly at a side angle twirling his yogurt soft drink. Without saying a word, she pouted and gradually dropped her forehead against his firm shoulder.

[whoosh; a light breeze passes through]

     They silently stood there in the same position.