Home: For You & For Me

Tokki Prince Charming

 


 

"What's wrong, Wonbin? Are you alright?" Hyosung worriedly asked seeing him appear to be in pain.

Daehyun rubs his forehead and says, "Don't you know the difference between a kiss and a CPR?"

     His voice tone sounded extremely serious. Her eyes dilated. His words startled her.

"Did we ever discuss about that before?" scrunching his eyebrows at her shocking face.

She tremble to ask, "H-have you r-remembered something?"

"U-ugh..." he smacked the palm of his hands against his forehead a couple of times before he could reply.

     Meanwhile, Hyosung waited for his answer, eager to find out whether or not his memory has returned.

"Not vividly," responded Daehyun, shaking his head and pounding his forehead some more. He continues, "No. Though I wish I could have..."

"Oh. [phew] I see," she said, feeling much relaxed and then pushes him on his biceps, "Gosh! Ya strange boy!"

     After clearing the situation, Hyosung heard a creaking noise. Just right above them is one of those metal cargos that stores goods inside for import and export. The rope attached to the metal cargo started to rip. She brought her attention up in the sky to see what it was. [snap] And she manages to catch sight of the falling cargo crashing down their way.

"Ah! W-Wonbin! Look out!" she yelled and immediately threw herself onto the oblivious boy who was busy flapping his wet dress suit to dry faster.

     On the wooden grounds of the pier, they rolled away together like a tumble weed. [boom] At this point, the cargo had made its landing and they had stopped rolling. Hyosung slightly moves her head from the floor and encounters with Daehyun's eyes. Their faces were only a few inches apart. Both were practically breathing on top of one another. His hands holding onto her shoulders and her glossy eyes connected with his. [dooguen -- dooguen] The beat of their hearts raced for each other relentlessly, especially Hyosung. She has never been in nor experienced such closeness, face-to-face, with a man—other than her dad, her little brother, and even her first high school boy crush—these feelings she had were different compared to others. It was something she didn't understand or cannot explain why herself either.

"In order for you to save me," Daehyun spoke, making a short pause to glance at the destroyed cargo box, and resumes his focus onto Hyosung. He tells her directly, "You chose to risk your life for me."

     The tension grew stronger between them as he melted her with his sweet smile to thank her for the kind gesture. It was irresistible. Daehyun's smile showed great sincerity. Hyosung's cheeks were extra flushed. Her heart fluttered. Her eyes were unsteady. She couldn't keep up for another second with his. Quickly she sat up and diverted her head elsewhere.

"T-tch! T-trying to t-take a-advantage of m-me a-again!" she slurred and jumped on her two feet.

Little by little, she walked, her backview facing his, he silently watched.

"A-anyways," she slows down her footsteps, "H-home. G-gaja!"

     Arriving back home, in the living room, Hyosung sees a passed out Zelo lying on top of his textbook while holding onto a pen in one hand at the table. She approaches him and pinches his right ears.

"O-ow," whimpered Zelo. "Hyosunggie-noona! W-WAE!?!"

"Yah!" she lectures him. "You dare to fall asleep in the middle of doing your homework! How do you expect mother and I to rely on you if you can't even pass your exam?"

He pouted and changes the subject when he notices her clothes and hair are drenched, "Hey, Hyosunggie-noona, why are you all soaked?"

"What? I can't be?" she whacked him on the back of his head. "Ain't your problem! Now go finish your school assignments!"

"Arasseo! Arasseo! I will!" he answered irritatedly, taking his stuff with him to head inside his bedroom, and bumps into someone. "Eo!?! W-Wonbin? You're back from Jeju Island!"

"Jeju Island?" Daehyun raised his eyebrows.

[Ehem] Hyosung nudges Zelo.

"I-I mean Cheongju!" he corrected himself and robotically laughs to distract Daehyun. "Ha. Ha. Ha. Yes, Cheongju!"

     Daehyun turned to look at Hyosung, who was nodding and batting her eyelashes, then back at little dense Zelo. Something suddenly fell out from Zelo's textbook. Zelo attempted to grab it, but was out beated by Hyosung's shoe.

"Eh. Eh. Eh!" she implied Zelo to move aside for her to pick up what he had dropped, "This photo. Did you secretly capture a picture of Choco?"

"So what? Got a problem?" Zelo told her off and snatches the photo in her hands.

     During their sibling quarrel, Daehyun steps away unnoticed to go to the bathroom.

"Aish! Neo micheoseo (are you crazy)? That girl is such a pretentious hypocrite. What's so good about her? Your taste in girls are horrible!" she verbally clawed Zelo some more as he makes a dash to his room to avoid her, "You should be choosing girls like me! Ya hear me!"

     Afterwards Hyosung looks at her wet clothes and finally realizes Daehyun is gone. She went straight to the bathroom and pounded her fist against the closed door telling Daehyun that it is her turn to use the washroom.

"Wonbin! Let me use the washroom! Hurry up! Wonbin!! I also need to use it! Please come ooouuu—"

 

 

 

Eventually, the door busted open causing Hyosung to stumble upon an , collar tee drooping water, exposing a tanned chest. Twice she blinked, looked up, made a brief eye contact with Daehyun, and aggressively swings her head to the left direction. She puts her right hand to cover the side of her face.

"P-! W-what are you doing u-undressed?" she stuttered, except for some odd reason, she tries to sneak a peek at his chest through her fingers.

Being straightforward, he questioned her, "I must ask. Hyosung, why did you come to the harbor? Is it that you wanted to stop me from leaving?"

"I-I... Y-you... Forget it! Why does it matter?" she flicked her right hands down and sees how intent his eyes were on hers. "W-weirdo!" She ended.

     When Hyosung forced her way inside the bathroom and passes Daehyun, she accidentally steps onto a slippery spot, leading her to glide backwards.

"Uwwwwaaaah!" she squealed.

     Only to have been catch by Daehyun. In an awkward position, Hyosung's head was actually next to Daehyun's bare chest, while he was supporting her with his right arm. She gulped and haste herself back up. However, her hair prevented her from moving any further.

"A-a-ya!" Hyosung expressed her pain and began to frantic.

"Hajima (stop it)! Don't move! Or else you'll make it worse!" Daehyun assures her. "Your hair is caught onto my shirt button. So stay still and I'll remove it!"

"B-but it h-hurts!" she sobbed. "Kyaahaahaa! B-be gentle!"

"How can I if you keep on shifting your whole body?" he yelled.

"Waaahaaa!" she cried endlessly.

     In the midst of their troublesome hair-button incident, G.NA abruptly walks by. It took her a minute to turn back her tracks to them.

"Wo-Wonbin? YAH! Exactly what is going on!?! What in the world are you guys doing!?! Hyosung, get away from him and Wonbin let go of her! And I mean this instant!" demanded G.NA.

     Despite G.NA screaming at them, Daehyun did not bother to listen and concentrated on separating Hyosung's hair latched onto his shirt button.

G.NA became aggravated and begins to pace herself towards the both of them, "How dare you defy my order! And how dare you ignore my presence! Isn't marrying a rich man your dream goal, Hyosung?"

     As she drew nearer, still getting on their case, with her annoying befuddling voice, she provokes Daehyun to slam the bathroom door right on her face and locks the doorknob.

"O-o-ouch! It r-really hurts!" again Hyosung yelped.

"Well then," he argues, "Stop moving or I can't detach it!"

"M-mwo!?!" She bickers, "This is all your fault! If you hadn't loosened the buttons on your shirt, then my hair and I wouldn't be stuck in this position!"

"Okay! Done," he informed her.

"Man!" She scratched her head to rid the area that aches. "That was beyond pain—" And froze when she saw a lock of her hair on his button. "—ful!! N-nooo! M-my precious hair!"

     After tossing and whining about the chunk of hair strands she loss, a major dead-serious Daehyun was staring at her. Making her feel uncomfortable, looking somewhere else, scratching her head, pretending as if nothing had happened.

"You still haven't answered my question. Why did you come rushing to the harbor?" he inquired.

Mad pouting (Pokemon) Jigglypuff Hyosung replies, "W-why didn't you take my bunny bank along with you, huh?"

     Without hesitation, he gives her his answer, "Because I have my reasons: (1) It is bothersome and (2) I would be back. Therefore, bringing your bunny bank wasn't necessary for me to take."

"D-deh? H-how did you know that?" her eyes puzzled at his.

"More importantly, you have yet answered my question."

Her lips twitch, "O-obviously I came in case you needed to be rescued from being washed ashore since you have never taken a boat ride before."

     At the very beginning, he could tell she was already bluffing.

"Aren't you a forgetful one? It was I who saved you. Remember?"

Bah! Why must he always be right? Hyosung thought and fumes to herself.

He bluntly asks, "Are you concerned about me?"

     She staggered, biting her lips, and becomes even more speechless from what he advises her next.

"This is an important reminder. For you, I am only staying here temporarily. For me, I may leave anytime. It is best for you to not expend any deep feelings for me."

     Those heartbreaking words Daehyun mentioned to Hyosung, they both knew it is in fact the truth. Anything can happen and it could be anywhere. Daehyun did feel a bit saddened and so did Hyosung. She was displeased to hear those words from him. But in the end, Hyosung chose to masquerade her true emotions. It's not that she wanted to, she herself do not understand such complex feelings she is going through alone, so she plays everything cool. Tough cookie she is.

"Hah! It isn't of my concern whether or not you do leave! Anyhow, you aren't my Prince Charming either. Weirdo!"

     With that, Hyosung wandered her way outside the bathroom door and meets G.NA, who was holding a kitchen knife in one hand ready to murder someone. Angry G.NA asked Hyosung if she was doing fine, but the only response received by Hyosung was nothing besides a mere headshake. Like a lifeless doll, Hyosung saunter aimlessly. Followed behind her was Daehyun. But he gets blocked by G.NA.

"You. Me. Kitchen table meeting. Right now," tapping the sharp blade in her hands onto him, "I want to have a talk with you."

"Good. Me too." he smirked and dragged her by the wrist.


A/N:  Did your heart race too? If not, I wrote my best. DaeHyo = <3. Peace. T.Tv