Identity: Cousin

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Daehyun's House: Living room couch


Two police officers made a visit to discuss about Daehyun's whereabouts with Ilwoo, Soeun, and Daehyun's parents.

Cop #1: "Good news. We found site of a taxi your son had taken."

     Their hopes rose.

Cop #2: "Bad news. The vehicle was found empty, deserted by the rocky hills."

     Their anxiety level increased.

Cop #1: "Futhermore, the owner of that yellow cab belongs to a man who goes by the name New Champ."

     Hearing that familiar name, Ilwoo frowned.

Cop #2: "I am sorry to say this, but please be prepared for the worse."

     Their fear and sweat engulfed them.

Cop #1: "There is no trace of either one, except for these items remained behind."

     Mr. and Mrs. Jung held onto a plastic ziploc bag that contains a wallet and a sky blue box. Soeun immediately recognizes the shape and color of the box. She requests them if she could see it. Her hands trembled because she knew she may not handle the truth the moment she opened the jewelry box to see that duplicated diamond star ring Daehyun had once proposed to her in the hot air balloon.

     *     f     a     i     n     t     s     *    

     Mr. Jung collapsed when he saw a photo ID of his son. It hit him so hard that he had a heart attack and out. Everyone was already terrified about news on Daehyun missing. Now their main new concern is Mr. Jung's admittance to the hospital in room 2013 for severe treatment, such as his weak mind, poor health, and fragile body.

     As soon as Mr. Jung regained his conscious, Ilwoo lessened his worry. He informed him that Daehyun is resting in another room, everything will be fine, and he just needs to focus on being the host of Daehyun and Soeun's engagement party. Whereas Soeun and Mrs. Jung could only stare at them speechlessly.


Superstarhyo, Inc.


[Music Insert: Encounter Theme between 'the new' Daehyun & Hyosung]

"That." Daehyun pointed, observing Hyosung, who was fidgeting with difficulty trying to remove a ring off her finger. "Have I ever seen it before?"

"Nope!" She promptly answered, hiding her hands underneath the table on her lap.

"Ehem. Do you at least remember where you came from?" G.NA questioned him to test and see if he can recall anything.

He childishly shakes his head and blinked. "No... But do you?"

"Sorry, no clue." G.NA replied.

     He then turned his puppy eyes onto Hyosung.

"Not at all." She responded quickly, biting her lips.

Zelo, however, was blunt to say, "I do."

     There was an awkward moment of silence.

"Is that a yes or no?" a confused Daehyun inquired, tilting his head.

"Most certainly don't!" Hyosung and G.NA hastily answered as Zelo sealed his lips from feeling guiltiness on what he had just done.

"Ah!" Daehyun clenched his fist and pound it onto the palm of his other hand. "I know!" He gleamed and stood up from his seat to take a step forward.

     All three sprang and chased after him, swiftly locking onto his legs and arms to prevent him from moving any further. Then they burst out asking him, "Where do you intend to go?"

"The police station." He said without hesitation. "They should know."

"ANIYO!" shouted Hyosung and G.NA.

"And why is that?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Err...that is...be——cause you are one of our very great long lost distant relative." G.NA nodded, looking at Hyosung and Zelo who bobbed their heads in acknowledgement.

"Is that so? I am a relative of yours?" He wondered as he analyzed them individually to confirm for himself.

     During that time, G.NA thought to herself that they must conceal his amnesia from him or else they are dead meat if he does seek out the police for help.

"If that is the case, how am I related to you?" He curiously asked, putting his firm hands onto Hyosung's shoulder, slightly smiling.

     Hyosung became stoned thinking about what she should say next and how.

"You!" He continued. Like a curious kid, he squint his eyes into a genuine crescent shaped eye smile with a big grin on his face. "You are the one who has been taking great care of me! You do know! Am I right?"

     He shook her softly awaiting patiently on her response.

She then let out a chuckle. "Eh heh. Yeh..."

     It led Daehyun to also giggle back.

"Ya see...well...in fact, you are our cousin."

"Cousin?" He mimicked.

"Exactly! You reside beyond that ocean in that direction. One day, you went swimming alone and eventually landed here." She explained, nodding her head.

"Euhahahu." G.NA clasped her hands in agreement.

He too bobbed his head along with Hyosung. "Mhm. What is my occupation?"

"Mainland fisherman!" countered G.NA. "But I must warn you that the police cannot capture you because you are an illegal immigrant. If the police catch you, then it will be the end of you."

"Neh!" Zelo patted Daehyun's shoulder. "That's why you have to stay down low and keep quiet. Otherwise neither one of us will be able to save you."

"It's that serious." Daehyun looked at them and altogether they nodded. "I see. What is my name?"

"Erm..." Hyosung and G.NA froze.

"WONBIN!" blurted Zelo.

"Won? Bin?" He murmured.

Hyosung and G.NA's jaw dropped and their eyes twitched. "Ahahaha..." They suddenly laughed, pretending everything is still fine. "You! Hahaha. Come here!" As they haul Zelo to a corner for a private discussion, they wanted to know why he selected that name and for what reason.

"Because looking closely at him, doesn't his feature sort of resemble that famous actor/model Wonbin. Both tall, handsome, has dark skin tone, carries a voice and appearance that can draw zillions attention... Anyways, Wonbin is a TV celebrity hotshot and he is a spitting-image of him."

     In-between their conversation, Daehyun sneaks in to listen.

"Smart! You're very observant!" G.NA whispered.

"Neh! Clever little bro——woaho0oh! Hyosung got tangled onto her words when she finally realized Daehyun was standing behind them.

"A TV celeb? Similar name as me?" He showed an innocent smile as he questioned them.

"What? Oh haha no no no. Remember, you are Won-bin. Okay? That is your name. Don't forget." Hyosung tapped her index finger on his shoulder.

He complied. "Neh."

     G.NA cuts in and immediately shoves him to the bathroom telling him that he needs to bathe because he is very dirty. She gave him clothes to change into, and then returned to Zelo and Hyosung to continue where they left off their conversation. While Daehyun was showering, all three of them felt relaxed. They were relieved now that they can conclude he has forgotten everything, including last night's incident. Since he has lost his memories, G.NA suggests to them that it would be troublesome to have him linger here therefore they should dump him elsewhere.

"Discard him!?!" shouted Hyosung and Zelo.

"Shhhh." They gestured to each other.

"In what manner, may we ask?" said Hyosung and Zelo.

"It is a place where the hungry beasts roam, where the misty fog eternally emerge at dusk, and where no cows or aliens would dare to even go near."

Together they chanted, "SECRETTIME'S MEADOW! Awo0OO0o~!"

"Let's decide on who shall go!?!" G.NA proposed.

"Why don't we play a hand game?"  Zelo recommended. "Roshambo!"

Neither one of them wants to go, so they battled it out. "Rock! Paper! Scissor!"

"No00OOO0oo!" Hyosung whined and kicked her legs.

"Alright, way to go my son!" G.NA proudly hugs Zelo.

Meanwhile, the clueless Daehyun comes out of the bathroom to meet them in casual clothes and fringes. He notices their loud commotion and asks them, "What's the matter?" as he fixes his sleeves.

Hyosung paused, glanced over at him, then whine and kicks her legs again. "Uhuhu! Andwaaaae!!?!"

     Zelo began to poke fun at Hyosung for losing.

"Are you plotting something deviant?" He continued.

"An-i-yo!" G.NA smirked. "Come on, no time to waste! We have decided that you and Hyosung will be going to help deliver some goods!" She pushed him to a stack of ration boxes, started handing him two small bags, and even threw a messenger bag on him. "All set! You are good to go now!" She rushed him and Hyosung towards the front door, and whispered to Hyosung to return home early.

Once Daehyun and Hyosung entered the truck, G.NA and Zelo waved, "Farewell."


Secret Busan Fishing Village: Road


On the way to SECRETTIME's Meadow, Daehyun sat quietly on the passenger seat clinging onto the bags G.NA gave him. While Hyosung was driving, she took a short glimpse at Daehyun. He stared back at her. No words were spoken amongst them until they reached the village checkpoint. Her worries grew on the inside when a patrol officer came up to her window.

"Hello Officer Himchan!"

     He replied with a huge smile that showed all of his teeths.

"How's it going?"

"Fatigued. Last night, there was an accident around the area and the culprit escaped. That's why I am patroling to find that perpetrator. I'll definitely seize the culprit with my own hands!"

Hearing that, Hyosung became anxious, sweat formed on her forehead, and her eyes widened. She glanceed at Daehyun, then back at Himchan. "E-eh u-ah-ha. G-good luck!" Hyosung tries her best to block Himchan's view of Daehyun, but fails as he pressed her head onto the driver seat head rest.

"Who's that, Hyo Hyo? I have never seen him before.

"Mwo? Noogoo? Ohdiay?"

"Obviously the person next to you."

"Oh you mean him! Haha. That is...he...me...him...I...are...uh..."

"I am her cousin." Daehyun sincerely smiled and bowed his head. "I actually arrived here since yesterday."

"Cousin?" Himchan doubted.

"Neh! We are veeery close!" She grabbed Daehyun's hand and held it in the air to prove to him that they are on good terms.

Himchan evily laughed. Just when he was about to leave, he turned back frightening Hyosung. "That's right Hyo Hyo! The next time I order gas from your company, can you please have your mom deliver it personally to me? I really miss her."

"A-ah my omma right? You got it."

"Cool! Take care now and drive safe on the road!"

"Okay! Bye!" She accelerated out of their sight and continued to head to SECRETTIME's Meadow.

A few minutes later, Hyosung bursted out laughing to herself and then gently slapped Daehyun's arms. "Keke. Cousin. Hah! Marvelous you are indeed. He totally fell for that!"

"Huh?" He tilted his head. "Earlier that is what you and your family told me."

Her whole body stiffened as she realized what she just did.

"Is it not true then?" He looked at her.

She gulped and glanced at him from time to time as she drove. "Mhmm! Of course it is all true! Really!"

     However he was still puzzled because of her reaction and answer. As for Hyosung, she thought to herself about setting the score between each other once she is done with him.

Another good five minutes had past, Hyosung was barely making her way through TS Motel. She sees Manager Joo standing outside in front of the motel reading a newspaper and remembers that Daehyun had stayed at that motel before. So she decided to increase the speed of the car to pass the building. Manager Joo does take notice of Hyosung's car, tries to call out to her, but gave up the minute the vehicle literally went passed him in fast motion. It was hard to make out Daehyun's face, thus Manager Joo was not bothered. Rather he was distracted by the headlines on the newspaper article, "Jung Daehyun Cancels Engagement To Attend A Business Trip In Japan." Manager Joo thought to himself, How can that be? I know for a fact that he was involved in an accident... I saw it with my own eyes... Hm.. Matoki must be covering up the truth about his incident.


SECRETTIME's Meadow


"We have arrived. Let's go." She said, getting the chills.

     It was cold, windy and eerie.

"Hey, how come I don't see a single house or people except a vast land of greenery? Does Granny Jun really live around this area?"

"Yes! She stays in a small shack located right over that slope. Not to mention, here is a piece of advice. You must learn to adapt this new pace of life and environment. Because your first task is to deliver these bags of goodies to her yourself. It is a test that you have to pass and overcome alone."

"By myself?" He examined the bags in his hand with worried eyes. "But what about you?"

"Uh huh. You are strange! Don't ask, just do." She lent him a push forward. "Go go go! She won't wait any longer! Move along! Hurry!"

"Oh..." He pouted looking at her for the last time, then trailed off.

When she was about to leave the opposite direction, she stopped and turned her body to look at Daehyun. She was walking backwards watching Daehyun leave at the same time, feeling a bit remorse. "WU-AAAAAAH!"

Daehyun heard her scream and stopped. "Hey! Where you at?" He turned back to find her.

"I'm here! Wonbin!" Her voice echoed.

"Ohdiay? I won't be able to complete my delivery if you don't show yourself!" He shouted.

"Over here!" Her voice echoed again. "I am here!"

     Nearing warmer to her voice, Daehyun stopped from his tracks when he came across a large crack on the ground.

"I'm here! Wonbin-ssi! Down here!" She had one hand against .

"Don't worry! There's nothing to be afraid of! I will save you!" He promised, staring at the two bags on his hands then throwing them away to the side.

"Wonbin. I'm here." She continued to call out to him.

Deahyun laid his body flat on the top surface and stretched his right arm out to Hyosung. "Don't be afraid! Okay? I will get you out! Come on! Give me your hand!"

Hyosung extended her left arm to reach Daehyun's hands. Unfortunately, she kept slipping from the rocks. She tried again. She was successful in gripping onto his hands, however only to have met with an unstable rock step.

     *      c     r      a      c      k      s      *     

"Oh..."

     *     s     l     i     p     s     *     

"Wo00OO0AAah!" They both screamed, falling to the bottom, together into the darkness.


A/N: 

Think of Daehyun as a cute lost little kid in this chapter.

KYAH! AN AMAZING HAPPENING——A SPECIAL COLLABORATION BETWEEN SECRET & B.A.P FOR THE YEAR END CELEBRATION! It would be awesome if Zinger joined, most of all, TS Family feels! <3