Event: Carnival Day (1)

Tokki Prince Charming

 


     *     k     n     o     c     k   -   k     n     o     c     k     *   

Daehyun walks over to the door, grips onto the door knob, and twists open. "I've been expecting you."

"Well, you don't need to send me any boxes of chocolates and flowers. It is obstructing my work and the staff members." said an upset Soeun, avoiding complete direct eye contact with him.

"Don't girls like to receive boxes of chocolates and flowers? Isn't that what a gentleman does for his lady?" He questioned in confusion.

"I want...never mind, I have other important things to do." She sighed.

"Ow...my stomach is grumbling in pain...I have yet eaten since I've gotten here..." He promptly changed the subject.

Soeun became very worried and checked on his physical condition. "Didn't I tell you not to skip your daily meals and to take good care of your health!?! It is for your well-be...ing..." Her voice faded realizing that she is supposed to be mad at him.

"Hmph. You in fact do care about me still. Despite that, you refuse to marry me."

     She covered her troubled face from him with her hands.

Daehyun chuckled and moved her hands away from her face to tell her to stay for another day. "Tomorrow you will have my answer. I promise." He ended with a nod as she stared at him in silence.


After the two had reconciled, Soeun called Ilwoo to thank him for taking her to Daehyun and especially always knowing what she truly wants. He begins to joke around saying not to get all mushy on him because if his date was with him and overhears their conversation, his date would get jealous. She apologized for imposing on him and his date. He continued to by saying that his date is a one of a kind beauty and they will be on a sweet romantic dinner. She giggled because she knew that he was implying on how Daehyun is not a romantic type of person, but she assures him that they will be going to a romantic place too, tomorrow. With that, she ended the call, "Goodnight oppa."

Ilwoo felt somewhat, remorseful.


Booths, rides, music, food, refreshment, and so forth are organized for the biggest special year event.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen! Today is our annual chuseok carnival! Let us enjoy this festive day together with our friends and family! I shall proclaim the 2-day carnival——commence!" Himchan announced, hitting a gong onstage and blowing kisses at the audience that target in the direction of where G.NA is standing beside Zelo.

     Meanwhile, Hyosung was determined to draw in customers to ride the hot air balloon. However each person she approached declined. That is when she spots a certain someone. It's that ert again! He has the nerve to bring a girl! I'll show him not to mess with the wrong person! She immediately altered the original ride price from $20 dollars to $40 dollars, puts on a hat, sunglasses, and a mask bandana.

[cough] "Yello pretty miss! You can fulfill your dreams by flying on this hot air balloon ride right now!" Hyosung asked, imitating a deep low ajumma voice.

"I'm sorry, no thank you. We don't want to fly." said Soeun.

"Ohoho! Did I say fly? What I meant is this balloon has a spectacular bird's eye view of our village! 30 minutes is all you need being up in that beautiful sky. Moreover, you can hear those sweet sounds of 'Starlight, Moonlight' (SLML) song playing in the air as you cross the sea." Hyosung paused to bring her hands above her head to do the SLML dance gesture while humming the song altogether. "Neoneun nae haneul, hanappunin haneul, neon namanui bada, sojunghan nae bada (You’re my sky, my only sky, you’re my sea, my precious sea)——it will simply be $40 bucks! Special value price for two people on a date, yes, you couple qualify!"

     Soeun's face glistened. She shook Daehyun's arm and pleaded if they could go on the hot air ballon. But he strongly protested because it isn't safe and the organizer in charge is doing it illegally.

[cough] "Pardon me handsome mister! Don't you want to impress your girlfriend? All she wanted is to enjoy a flight, together with you, her boyfriend. Can't you do that one little thing, for her?" Hyosung bobbed her head up and down to knock some sense into him.

"Neh. I want to try. Just once, please?" Soeun pouted, shaking Daehyun's hands.

"Fine." He finally surrendered and paid Hyosung.

"Perfect, follow me this way!" Hyosung's mood fully pumped. "Hehe. Have fun kiddos!"

After sending them off, she hummed and danced away. "Shubiduba ppa ppa ppa, shubiduba ppa ppa ppa, ralala lala rararira..."


"WooooW! The scene is truly amazing up here Daehyun-ah!" Soeun said in excitement.

"Mhm." Daehyun wrapped his arms around her waist and rest his chin on her shoulder.

"See! I told you so! From time to time you should listen to me!"

"Hah. Am I not worthy? Suggesting that in your eyes, you see me as an obstinate person." He looked deeply into her eyes, waiting for her feedback.

"Hmm... You do possess good points! For example, you are meticulous, serious, a perfectionist, can be demanding, and extremely focused on your work!"

"Haha. You understand me very well." He kindly smiled.

"Then how about me?" Her heart pounded, waiting for his answer.

"Hmm... That's not important to me, whether or not I understand girls well." He moved his chin away from her shoulder and slowly let go of his arms from her waist.

"I see... What is then exactly...?" Her heart stopped, displeased from what she heard.

Daehyun suddenly brought out a sky blue box in front of Soeun's face and smiled wide to her.

     She was beyond shocked that she became stunned in one place.

"Marry me." He said to a speechless Soeun, who gently took her left hand and tried to place the diamond star ring onto her ring finger.

Is this real? Am I dreaming? Eh... I can definitely hear the SLML song playing now. Neoneun nae byeolbit, nae maeumui byeolbit, neon namanui dalbit, sojunghan nae dalbit (You’re my starlight, the starlight of my heart, you’re my moonlight, my precious moonlight)——. Soeun thought to herself, as she eyed on the diamond star ring Daehyun is about to place onto her finger.

     *     R     O     C     K     *     

Without warning, the hot air balloon basket swayed back and forth causing the ring to slip out of Daehyun's fingers.

"Ah! The ring!" Soeun squealed, watching the ring fall to the ground.

     *     W     H     I     S     T     L     E     *    

Daehyun heard an unusal noise. It was the sound of air escaping from a hole that Zelo originally stitched Hyosung's pant cloth onto the hot air balloon!

"What!?! The fabric is weak and already damaged! Are they trying to kill us!?!" He pulled Soeun against his chest and held onto her tightly. "Stay close and hold on! I'll never let go!"

"I also will never let you go..." She whispered to herself, surprised again by his words, as she gaze alone at Daehyun's face.

They both screamed as the hot air balloon crashed downwards.


[Music Insert: True Love Theme for Daehyun]

"Ahaha. Yes, that will be $11 for a lantern piece sir." Hyosung busied herself selling items with other carnival employees.

"Hyosung-ah!!" Her co-worker shouted. "Your hot air balloon is crashing!!!"

"Impossible." She replied and continued to talk to her client.

"Really I am not kidding! Look!!!" Her co-worker pointed at the hot air balloon falling from the sky.

"Waaaah!" Hyosung screeched and dashed to where the balloon fell.

     The moment she found the balloon collapsed on the grassland, there was no one to be found.

"Oh no! Oh no!! Oh no!!!! How could this have happened? Where are they!?! Kyaaaah!" She ran in circles.

     *     B     L     I     N     G   -   B     L     I     N     G     *     

 

"Huh?" Hyosung sees a shiny object flickering in the grass.

 

     *     B     L     I     N     G   -   B     L     I     N     G     *     

 

She walked closer to pick up the sparkling object.

 

     *     B     L     I     N     G   -   B     L     I     N     G     *     

Whoa! This diamond star ring is soooo pretty! Her eyes glowed.

(Sunhwa's voice echoes: This ring will find your other half.)

Hyosung looked left and right to double check if there was anyone around her. Afterwards, she secretly put the ring onto her left hand ring finger.

(Sunhwa's voice echoes: Bare in mind that it will snuggle her finger only.)

She couldn't stop herself from grinning while looking and touching the ring. Hehe. I feel so lucky!  She rubbed the ring clean.

Distracted by the pretty ring, Hyosung ended up forgetting about the erted knucklehead and his so-called girlfriend who were missing.


A/N:

SECRET go go go~! Congratz to B.A.P winning the rookie award! TS Family Fighting~! Eek! Christmas is getting near! Next chapter is going to be exciting, I promise? ^.^;;;; Thank you very much for reading, being patient, and subscribing! It means a lot! <3