Identity: The Yellow Scarf Girl

Tokki Prince Charming

 


"Brat, give me the medicated wine. You'll break it. Stop messing arou—"

"Yo G.NA!" an unexpected guest appeared saluting nearby the entrance door dressed in sea captain uniform. "Did I interrupt something?"

"Oh why y'ello Captain Kyungwook The Action. No biggie! May I ask what brings you here today?"

"We have some unfinished business to discuss. Remember?" he winked.

"Aaahaha ne majayo! Hyosung sweeeety! You have something to do right? Take Wonbin with you. He'll be a nuisance if he stays here. Go, go, go!" she pushes them to leave quick. "Ohoho you too Zelo. I know you haven't completed your homework! So get to it! "

"Argh maties! Sorry to have intrude. But the adults need to have their private meeting now." he bowed tipping his hat to Hyosung and then grips onto Daehyun's wrist next.

"Sowwie, battery low, shutdown."

"Aish! Such a troublesome boy. Zelo-bot! Don't randomly shutdown on me! Our future depends on you!" she ended, forcing him into his room fast.

     At the same time, Hyosung realizes Daehyun wasn't following behind her anymore when she almost stepped out the front door. Turning back she creases her forehead and eyesbrows watching a confused Daehyun receive a few knuckle taps on his shoulders from the smirking stranger. Who is this suspicious man? Why is he smiling big? Omo! Does he swing that way? she shook off those awkward thoughts and extended her hand to reach Daehyun's wrist. Once she grasp hold onto his wrist, she glared into the man's eyes (as an indication to let go of him), and hastes Daehyun with her into the yellow truck. After ridding the three kiddos, The Action gave G.NA the thumbs up and a wide grin.

"I told you so. His figure ain't bad at all."

"Yes, I am pleased. He will make a great addition."

Together they wickedly laugh doing the okay hand sign until G.NA broke a word, "Moola~~!"


On the way to the gas station, Ilwoo hands a melon candy to Soeun.

"Ilwoo...this?"

"It isn't good for the heart and soul if you keep bottling in your feelings. You'll only be hurting yourself more."

"Ilwoo..." pausing a bit to recollect herself. "Even though Daehyun is no longer here... In my heart, he will always be the one. Nothing can change that fact. Ever."

"Can't you have trust and faith in your own oppa? I'm not the type to take advantage of a weak person. Don't worry. That candy is the last sweet. It will be a token of my friendship to you."

     Arriving at the gas station, Soeun tried to purge the bitterness she felt earlier.

"Hello Sir." a female service employee greeted them with politeness. "Welcome to Plan-G. How may I help you today?"

"Full tank please." he replied, also noticing the sad expression plastered on Soeun's face. "Are you fine?"

"Ne..." nodding and unbuckling her seatbelt. "I'll be right back. I'm just gonna go inside to buy some water. Did you want anything too?"

"No thank you."

"Okay then..."

     Coincidentally, a yellow truck arrives after Soeun entered the mini mart. They are none other than Hyosung and Daehyun.

"Hi Miss." a male service employee greeted them with respect. "Welcome to Plan-G. How can I be of help to you today?"

"$35 dollars puh-lea——wait! I can pump the gas myself! Sank you berry much~!"

     The minute Hyosung was about to pick up the gas pump, she spots a familiar person.

"Jung Ilwoo?" she whispers to herself. [cha-ching] A lightbulb hovers above her head. "Wonbin~~! Help me fill the gas tank please. I have something to do first. I'll be right back. Understand?"

"Arasseo." unbuckling his seatbelt.

     Heading towards Ilwoo's direction, she glides her hands onto the car till she meets the driver side.

"Annyeong!" happily waving her hand at him. Teeheehee. My rich man.

"You are..." trying to recall who she is.

"Really, you don't remember me?" she pouted and points to herself. "You were my savior that day. You know. Back at Matoki driveway, I am the girl you helped cover the $12 cab fee for from your friend who is a taxi driver."

"Aaaaah! Such a small world meeting you here out of all places. Must be fate." he smiled.

"Heehee. Indeed it is." gloating and her brown hair. "Whatcha doing in this area? Going on a vacational trip?"

     Before he could answer her, the service employee finished his task and informed Ilwoo the price.

"Thank you for your patience, Mister. That will be $50 dollars please."

"Right just a sec," grabbing his wallet to pull an elite credit card out of the slot to pay the lady.

     Hyosung hears the sound of cha-ching ring in her ears again giving her the fuzzy feels. During their small talk, Soeun exits the mini mart carrying a bottle of water in her hands. As she was walking to return to the car, Daehyun catches a glimpse of the person in black dress and yellow scarf passing by him. He wondered why the girl looked so sad and whether or not he knew her from somewhere. Staring and keeping her eyes at ground level, Soeun was not aware that the one person she cared about more than anything in the world is actually alive and breathing near her. [ding] The gas tank is officially full and the male service employee came back to Daehyun as he was putting the gas pump away.

"Hi again Mister. Your total will be $35 dollars please. How will you make your payment? In cash? By credit?"

"Y-yeh." he nodded and searched for the girl that had always stood beside him. "Jun Hyosung! Come here! We have to pay! Puh-lease! This instant! Tick-tock tick-tock!"

"Gosh! ARASSO! ARASSO!"

     Huh? That voice. The distinctiveness. Sounds exactly the same. Ilwoo thought to himself. But it couldn't be? Somehow the tone used sounds different. Or could it? He immediately turns his head in the direction where that peculiar voice drew his attention. He wanted to confirm if that voice did belong to the person he assumes it would be. He manages to catch sight of a tanned skin male, who was unfortunately, a service worker. Turnsout Daehyun was not successfully discovered by Ilwoo because that male service employee completely blocked his view.

"What's wrong?" Hyosung questioned him.

"Oh. Haha. It was nothing. Probably a mistake. I just thought that the voice from earlier sounded similar to someone I knew. More importantly, your name is Jun Hyosung?"

"Mhm!" smiling like an idiot combing her hair.

"Glad to know because you never told me your full name. It's cute and unique, like you. I will keep that in mind."

She blushes at his comment and the female gas station attendent returns with a pen and receipt.

"Thanks again for your patience Sir. Your signature please."

     Hyosung tosses her hair like a shampoo model as he signs the bill and thanks the lady for providing excellent service.

"Thank you very much kind Sir. Have a great day!" she bowed ninety degrees and left.

"In the future, if I do come to your village and seek for you, please don't forget who I am."

"Definitely! If you do look for me, you can find me at Superstarhyo, Inc. It is the most famous shop around here! [hyot hyot] Don't get lost now!"

     Both of them giggled and smiled together until Hyosung gets caught off guard by a beautiful girl opening the passenger door to sit down. These two girls had encountered each other once before. However they have no prior memories of coming across one another during the annual chuseok carnival event. At that period of time, Hyosung busied herself on trying to trick Daehyun disguised as an ajumma. Therefore in Soeun's point of view, she is unable to recognize her. According from Hyosung's point of view, the sunglasses she had worn aren't real shades, instead they were replaced with black paint. That is the reason why she could not distinguish the face of Daehyun's date, except the fact that the girl was quite clingy towards her enemy. With that, we shall conclude this as their first meeting.

"We'll take our leave then. It was nice talking to you. I'll see you around. Maybe?"

"You betcha!"

"Haha. Take care Jun Hyosung."

"Bye bye!" waving goodbye to him, she became disappointed. Aww boo... I wanted to meet up with him again using the $12 cab fee as an excuse to see him. Too bad. He already has a girlfriend... Sigh... There goes my rich man... Ack that's right! I ought to pay for gas still!

"Hyosung-ssi!"

"Yes! I'm coming! And don't you have any money? Won-bin-ssi!"

"Me? Why would I?"

Oh yeah that is true... She remembered and paid the gentleman with cash. "Tch. Don't talk back."

     As soon as they went inside the car and secured their seatbelt, Hyosung fixes her bangs and sees Daehyun thinking deeply through the rearview mirror.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, but I thought I saw someone I know."

"You? Know someone? Ha! That ain't possible." she started the engine and drove to their next destination.


TS Motel


"Whoa! Must be extra busy today. Lots of luxurious cars." Hyosung said, walking into the building structure with Daehyun roaming behind her footsteps.

     Holding onto a brown bag that is safekeeping the medicated wine, Daehyun froze noticing a trademark designed on one of the cars. It triggered him to have a minor flashback where he had his fringes brushed sideways up and he was in a dress suit passing through a double door glass imprinted with that same exact logo name.

"Ma-to-ki?"

Muttering that one particular word in syllables, his flashback gets disrupted by Hyosung's sudden grip on his wrist.

"What are you doing standing there spacing out? Come on. Let's go."

     He made his last quick glance at the company car logo that brought him clouded images and feelings of uncertainty while being dragged by her.

"Wonbin!" she let goes of him the minute they past the front door and takes the brown bag in his arms up the stairs. "I'll introduce you to Master Joo later on. Since you did stay here once before and he has seen you as well, he should know where you came from. So don't leave by my side till then. Okay?"

     In the end, Daehyun wasn't listening to Hyosung. He kept going straight down the narrow halls patting his arms against his legs filled with curiosity.

"Why aren't you responding to me Wonbin?" turning her head to have finally realize he was gone. "Eo!?!" She dashed back down the stairs searching and calling out to him. "Wonbin? Where'd he go? Didn't I just tell him not to wander off from me."

     Snoopy Daehyun continues to trail his way into the quiet halls. And so there they were, Soeun and Ilwoo, readily entering the conference room. Their backs facing him. Both unaware of his presence. Within that very heart pounding moment, he slightly passes the conference room, then decides to turn back around, slowly facing towards the door closing shut, his eyes met with hers.

Eek! biting his bottom lips inward, Hyosung! She looks awfully mad! Her cheeks are puff like a blowfish!

"You! Where were you just now? Making me worry...disappearing out of nowhere...without leaving a word... Anyways, I wanted to have you meet Master Joo later. So don't run off elsewhere without my consent. Alright?" she fumed.

     Falling silent, Daehyun pouted and could not look directly into her flaming yet glossy eyes, as his wrist was being held by her for the third time in a row.

"Gachi gaja." pulling him to leave within this area.

     The door creeked open then, Soeun comes out because Ilwoo wanted her to go explore and get some fresh air as she had requested, but she failed to see Daehyun and Hyosung. It was a mere chance, for she walked the opposite direction from them. Strolling alone alongside the beach, she places a batch of white roses onto the sand and stoodstill for awhile thinking about the time Daehyun had proposed to her in the hot air balloon. She gently closes her eyes and a drop of tear rolls down her cheeks. She miss him so much that her heart is torn apart. She miss him too much to point that she wanted to meet him on the other side. She misses him very much that all she can hear is eventually the sound of waves sweeping the flowers into the ocean water.

     Back at the inn, Daehyun stays put in the waiting room, while Hyosung spoke with the three TS Motel employees, who were trying to eavesdrop on the conference meeting.

"Why are you guys being all sneaky? What's going on?"

"Yikes! Hyosunggie-ah! Because behind these wooden door there happens to be a serious meeting between the people of Matoki and Master Joo." Zinsuk answered.

"Yeah...TS Motel and Master Joo are in a difficult position..." Zinger sighed.

"This battle is a loss...Master Joo has such strong confidence...but I believe he was only trying to relieve us from this situation..." the Chef explained.

"Master Joo...the outcome is clear...a complete failure... " Zinsuk halfheartedly said.

"YA-YA-YAH! Weirdos!" Hyosung shouted, startling them. "Zinsuk! Chef Kang! Zinger! Stop being so negative! Master Joo is giving his best shot in there! All you three talked about was failure and giving up! If he were to hear that, he'll most likely weep and fall into depression!"

"W-wait! We never mentioned giving up or hopelessness. The problem is that the debt he owes is huge and cannot be settled." Zinger clarified.

"Nonsense! I am his goddaughter and I will be the one who can resolve this matter!"

"Is that so? Because the last time I remember, you had saved..." Zinger counted her fingers. "$23 dollars total calculated from the past two years. For someone who can't even save and earn enough for herself, it is destined to be a failure."

"My yeodongsaeng has a point." Chef Kang agrees with Zinger. "It will be a failure..."

"Mhm! Without a doubt, a massive failure!" bobbing like a bobble head nonstop, Zinsuk also agreed.

"AIIIISH! You losers with that mindset are the big failures!" screaming at the top of her lungs making them jump. She enlightens them with a short story told by a young fellow back when she and the boy was trapped in the cave. "Let me tell you an old folktale. It is a story about the tortoise and the hare race. Blah~~blah~~blah~~blah~~blah. The morale of this story is to never give up even to the very end. Despair can turn into hope! Danger can turn into opportunity! Muahahaha!"

"U-wa!!! That's very inspiring and philosophical! I ought to write this down!" Zinsuk applauded, taking out a notepad and a pen.

"Hold your horses! Based on Hyosung's low IQ score, her knowledge to tell us such a great story is way farfetched. Let's be honest, who told you this folktale?"

"HEOL! Tsk! Fine! The person who actually told me this story is my cousin, Won! Bin!" she proudly admitted.

"Wonbin? A TV Star? Girl have you been watching too much drama? And since when did you have a cousin? Prove it!" the three cornered her. "Because if we see it, we'll believe it."

     Before she was able to reply, Master Joo screamed in agony to die. Altogether they bundled and rushed in, causing Hyosung to lose balance, leading her to encounter with the first person seated on the main chair through those mahogany door. She accidentally pushes the gentleman and ends up sitting against the edge of his lap.

"You!" both surprised to see each other.

     Hyosung quickly moved aside and pretended nothing happened between them.

"Aaaah! It all makes sense now. I almost forget. That time you came to Matoki was because of Mr. Joo."

"Hmph. I thought you were a good person. Turnsout you are one of the many bullying my Master Joo." she snickered slamming the brown bag onto the conference table. "Unforgivable! What is your intention huh!?!"

"Miss! Are you done yet!?!" Jongup pounded his hands against the conference table scaring the intruders barging in the middle of their meeting being rude. But luckily is calmed down by Ilwoo.

"L-listen! I-I'm warning you! Whatever business you have with Master Joo is also my business!" she stuttered, while the three others hid behind her nodding.

"I understand." Ilwoo smiles. "My purpose here though is to come in terms of agreement with Mr. Brian Joo on executing plans in an organize matter according to our contract he has breached. We are simply doing what needs to be done."

     After Ilwoo briefly explained to them the reason for his visit, all four—Chef Kang, Zinger, Zinsuk, and Hyosung—were puzzled. They didn't understand a word he said. Not even the slightest clue of what he meant either. Nevertheless they continued to put on a brave act.

"Tch. I thought we could be good buddies too...lending me $12...not minding me borrowing it temporarily... I've mistaken. You are not a kind person I thought you were. Seeing you are bullying my precious Master Joo in front of me here, alright, I have no other choice but to sever all ties with you!" she wraps up using her fingers to create a football score goal.

Zinger motions her hand forward and karate chops Hyosung's figure, "CUT!"

"KE-UT (end)!"

"A-ssa!" cheered the trio. "Manse! Manse!"

     The investigation team were rather speechless by their silly actions.

"Ahem! Zinsuk!" Hyosung calls him to do her a favor.

"Yes!"

"I want to make a cash advance."

"Pardon?"

"Loan me $12 dollars."

"Pali!" Zinger gestured to Zinsuk, who was dumbfounded alongside Chef Kang. "Lend it to her!"

"Erm..." unfolding a new crisp green paper out from his back pockets. "I don't have any small changes, except this."

"That'll do!" taking the bill to Ilwoo's eye level and then smacks it onto the table. "Here! $20 dollars! You can keep the change!"

"Good! Great!" clapped the three dorks. "Way to go! That's our Hyosung!"

Ilwoo chuckles and replies, "I will only speak with the person in charge. If I remember correctly, the boss of TS Motel isn't you, but Brian Joo."

"HEOK!" lifting her sleeves and warming her fist to throw a punch at him.

"Now, everyone, shall we continue with our meeting."

"How dare—"

"Enough!" Brian interrupts her. "Hyosung, you did well. Thank you my dear. I will take it from here."

     He then approaches Ilwoo and whispers something into his ears.

"Everybody take five. Jongup, watch the floor for me. I will be back in a few."

"Yes Sir."

The four village idiots rooted their Master before he stepped outside, "Master Joo! Fighting~~!"

     When the two were finally gone, Hyosung recalls of that most memorable day. In which she remembers the person that drove her to a dress shop and her mother's commencement concert was Jongup. She was surprised to find out that he works for Matoki and his boss is Jung Ilwoo. Despite that, she went up to him and patted his shoulders to give him her gratitude. Afterwards, she slips the $20 cash into her pocket while still in shock talking to herself about how Jung Ilwoo must had been the one who gave her those clothes. The investigation team saw what she did with the bill and looked at her confused. Hyosung notices all eyes were on her. She immediately changes the subject and leaves the room cooly with the trios.

     Meanwhile, Ilwoo enjoyed the nice breeze and scenery of the village sea at the lighthouse, whereas Brian spilled the truth of Jung Daehyun's disappearance. The threat was without a doubt a success. For Ilwoo knew what Brian had stated could harm both Matoki and TS Motel if the truth were to be leaked to the media. Brian concludes their conversation and leaves Ilwoo battling his own dilemma.

     In the mean time, Daehyun came out of the washroom after having to wait patiently for Hyosung's return in the waiting room. He slid his hands into his pockets and then sees the backside of someone across from him. It was that girl in black dress and yellow scarf he saw at the gas station earlier. She was standing next to a palm tree outside in front TS Motel, while he was inside the building by the receptionist desk. He continues to observe her further, wondering what she was planning on doing, and figuring out why she look so depressed. Thereafter he sees her take off the yellow scarf around her neck, throws it onto the branch of the palm tree, ties it tight, gives it a gentle kiss, and gradually lets it go.

Daehyun's curiousity kept building and growing as he watched that girl. And so, he began to take a leap forward and walk towards her.


A/N: 

To be honest I was a bit bored writing this essay chapter, I just wanted my DaeHyo moments to happen already. XD These next few chapters will be an emotional rollercoaster. Trust me. You won't want to miss out. By that, I meant happy feels with hearts fluttering! Maybe I'm overexaggerating now... But you'll know why! :D (Happy Birthday to the Cheetos boy Jongup!)