Status: Close...

Tokki Prince Charming

 


 

(The Psychic's voice echoes: This love amulet will help you find a rich man.)

Could he be? Hyosung thought, glancing over at the passerby. Odd, not a single tokki sound I hear...

"Yah! I ain't done with you! Look lady, don't think I will let you off easily just because you are a girl! Pay up!" argued the taxi driver.

"Wah! Please, fellow brother, no! I can wash your car! I as well can clean the interior side! Anything but my body!"

     They bickered until someone cut in.

"Excuse me sir. But what are you doing to that young Miss?"

Aggravated already, the taxi driver turned to see who dared to interrupt him. It was the passerby.

"New Champ?"

"Big Brother Ilwoo?"

Both surprised and glad to see one another. "Hello!!! Long time no see!" They said in sync.

"Great timing! Ya see this lady here? She tried to con me by using that cheap rubbish amulet you are holding as a loan! She's ruining my job and this is my first day at work too!"

"Really? This thing?"

"Hey! It is true! I did spend $23 on that precious item!" She defended.

"What? You dare talk back still? You're in big trouble little girl!" He grabs her wrist.

Before New Champ proceeded any further, Ilwoo shields Hyosung. "Ah! Don't make a fuss in public. I'll take care of her fees. O-kay?"

"But big brother! I cannot take your money! Besides, it should be her paying, not you!"

"I understand. Don't worry. I got your back. Plus this is your first day at work so I want you to have your first day of earning to be a success." As Ilwoo opened his wallet to pull money out, Hyosung caught a glimpse and noticed the large bills he carried. [cha-ching] "Take it New Champ. No job is easy, so get back to work, and continue to work hard. Alright? I'll see you later. Fighting!"

"Fine... Thank you big brother Ilwoo. Let's catch up later." He then pointed at Hyosung. "You're lucky lady! If it wasn't for my big brother who saved you, I would not have spared your life. One more thing, don't ever take my taxi again!" With that, he left.

"B-bye.." She stuttered.

"I believe this belongs to you, Miss." smiled Ilwoo. After he returned the amulet to her, Hyosung blocked him from passing through the double door entrance.

Happy from receiving the amulet back, she questioned Ilwoo. "Oh wait! Are you an employee here?"

     He nodded and smiled.

"Eh heh. I am looking for someone."

"I see." He took her to the reception desk.

"Hello Mr. Ilwoo." Two receptionists bowed and greeted him with kindness.

He returned with a smile. "Any questions, you may ask them. They would be happy to help take care of your request. Have a nice day Miss."

Mr. Ilwoo...I guess this amulet can be of use. Hehe. Oh right! Manager Joo!


Waiting room


Soeun had accompanied Manager Joo to delay some time for Ilwoo to arrive and resolve the problem. "Mr. Ilwoo, Mr. Joo is in your hands now." She smiled in assurance and took her leave with a goodbye bow.

"Hello Mr. Joo. How are you? My name is Jung Ilwoo. I am the Head Director of the Publicity Department. This is my business card for your future reference."

Upset, Manager Joo discarded it to the floor. "Hmph. If you are trying to persuade me to change my mind, do not waste your effort and my time. It's not going to happen. I have been friends with your CEO for eight years and how does he treat me! I thought we were close! He had promised me a whole month and a half grace period to raise that $1.5 million dollar debt we owe to Matoki Hotel Time. So why the sudden time limit shortened!?!"

"I am sorry for any inconvenience, but If you could please read this file, everything will become very clear."

"Explain to me how these documents can save our villagers from not losing their homes! No? Because we will completely have nothing!"

"Mr. Joo, please calm down. That is not our intention, if you could just listen—"

"Tell me how can I not calm down if you do not let me see him!"

"Please, Mr. Joo—"

"I get it. Fine. If that is what you all want, then I will show all of you what it means to die!"


Meeting


Daehyun authorized his signature and finalized the contract with their US partner G-Line. "Welcome to Untouchable City!"

The entire staff, except the assistant GM Yoo Youngjae, applauded again.

     *     R     i     N     g   -   R     i     N     g     *     

 Jongup receives another call about Mr. Joo and informs Daehyun.

     *    w     h     i     s     p     e     r     s     *     

"You mean Mr. Joo is at the rooftop? Commit suicide he says?"

"Yes, sir."

"I expected Jung Ilwoo to be able to handle this properly."

     Without a second thought, Daehyun got up from his seat and quickly hurried outside the room with Jongup.

Leaving behind without a word, everyone could only stare at them. Youngjae especially kept an interest on the matter.


Corridors


[Music Insert: Fated Person Theme for Hyosung]

"Ah sir, did you want to verify the list of loans Mr. Joo have taken out?"

"No need. I have already seen it. More importantly, is the reporters aware about this situation?

"No, not yet. But I will take care of it before they get here."

     The two continued to pace themselves down the hallway to get to the rooftop. In the meantime, Hyosung was searching for Manager Joo.

"BAH... How do they expect ME, or N—E—1, to find the conference room when ALL the rooms look EXACTLY similar to each other..."

     *            s                 i              g               h            *     

 

Not willing to give up just yet, she continued to try to find Manager Joo through the hallway.

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

During this time, Daehyun and Jongup had barely made their way pass Hyosung... 

 

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

But only to be blocked by a group of workers moving a massive painting in-between them with such great timing.

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

Hyosung, on the otherhand, was also too busy looking in every direction for Manager Joo. Therefore she could not pay attention to the tokki sound. That is not until she stopped midway towards the elevator and looked downwards at her amulet. She lifted the amulet closer to her face and wondered to herself.

 

"Has my millionaire appeared?"

 

By this time, Daehyun and Jongup had reached inside the elevator.

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

Hyosung gently elevated her head and made her way to the elevator closing...

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

Only to have found herself, alone facing the front door of an elevator, shut closed.

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

The tokki sound can no longer be heard. She remained silent staring at the amulet, and then tilted her head.

"Huh...No millionaire close by...oh wells. Wait for me Manager Joo!"


A/N:

Thank you so much for reading! Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! Random: Have anyone seen INFINITE's Sunggyu Another Me teaser and 60Seconds MV? Love him, the song, and MV. But I honestly have to say that: the red hair, the rock band during solo shots, the sad love story, including piano used in the teaser totally reminds me of Bang Yong Guk's I Remember MV. 0.0;