09

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Are you ok Jang Mi? You look a bit… pale.”

“No, nothing unnie.”

Thanks god she’s stopped asking. But OMG, how can there be such a big coincidence. Of course I’d love to see my beloved brothers again, but definitely not in a situation like this. Well, at least they can’t recognize me like this. Or maybe they don’t remember me…

Aish. Positive thoughts Rose Charles! Don’t panic… breathe in… breathe out… Ok, I’m fine now. Wow, Seohyun unnie is right. Breathing exercise really is helpful.

“Excuse me? May I borrow two students: Kim Jang Mi ssi and L ssi?”

Hm… Looks like two of us can’t attend this class… Wait, that’s my name! Who… Sung Gyu!

“Oh sure, of course. We only do some reviews today anyway.”

---------

“We’re sorry for this inconvenience but there are some issues we need to solve. So we have to push up the tour around school. Is that ok?”

“S- Sure.” Gosh, why did I stutter? That’s so unnatural!

They then start showing me around the school, start from the main hall. f course the tour will be extremely long, considering how big this school is.

---------

“Unnies!” I beam and happily hug them. It’s about one year since I last saw 4Minute unnies.

“Come on Jang Mi, sit with us.”

Of course I agree and put my tray on their table.

“Hey girls!” Someone says behind my back and also put their tray on our table. It’s Ash unnie.

“Hi Ash unnie!” 4Minute all replied to her. Oh, so they know her too.

“Hey Jang Mi!”

“Ash unnie, you know Jang Mi too?” Ji Hyun unnie asks.

“Yeah. We met this morning at the abandoned building.”

They all gasp. Why, what’s wrong?

“Jang Mi, you’re at the abandoned building? Don’t you know-“

“Ga Yoon, she’s new here! Of course she doesn’t know.”

Everyone just make an “Oh…” sound at Ashley unnie’s statement. All but me of course.

“Listen Jangmi, you shouldn’t be there. Remember to stay away from that place ok?”

“Eh… Why?”

“Everyone in the school knows that the place is haunted.”

“Uh huh. People said that in 1992, a girl mysteriously died in this school. Then a series of strange, scary things happened. Eventually, they closed that side and build a new one because no students dared to go there.”

“Oh… Wait, why did I see you there this morning, with… Miss A and…”

“Teen Top. Yeah, we’re like… the dare devils, the only type that wants and can go there. But you…”

“Yeah I get it.” Of course I know Ash unnie meant I’m probably not a risk taker to go into s scary place. But, dare devils mean ones that like excitement and are very likely to have good physical conditions. I always get sensitive over the “physical condition” part. That’s what will happen when you are terrible at sports like me.

“Jang Mi. Later we’ll have P. E. Did you bring any sport wear?” Hyuna unnie asks me.

“Sure. Yu Ri unnie told me she got me one just in case.”

---------

This is what she got me? Seriously, I feel like I’m in a music video than in a gym. Of course I love pink but this is too much! Oh look, there’s high heel boots...

Seriously?

“Jangmi, why haven’t you come out yet?” I heard Hyun Ah unnie asks me.

I peek my head out the stall and whisper to unnie.

“Unnie, do you have any extra sport wear.”

“Uh… I’m keeping Sohyun’s but her P. E. class is after ours so… Yeah, use this.”

“Thanks unnie. And… do you have any extra pairs of sneaker.”

“No I don’t. But I can ask the P. E. teacher for you. Our school always prepares some pairs just in case.”

---------

Hm… It’s actually quite comfortable. Maybe I should get one like this.

There’s a crashing sound somewhere. I should check it out.

Author’s POV

Turn out there is a fight at the lockers outside the students’ bathroom. Besides the ones in the fight and you, there’s nobody else there. You quickly hide behind the lockers at see the fight, only to gasp in shock when you see they are INFINITE.

You only see from the scene of Sungjong shoving Woohyun in the lockers and Hoya kicking L hard in his stomach, while the rest just standing there, watching. But seem like they really have a big fight, judging from their messy, torn clothes and bruises, scratches they’ve got.

“[Censored], what did you call me?” Sungjong furiously asks Woohyun.

“I call you [censored]! Huh, angry because it’s true?”

“Did it hurt {Censored].”

Hoya teasingly asks L. L, on the other hand, just coughs out blood and glaring at him.

Your POV

I could have gasped out loud if I didn’t cover my mouth tightly. Honestly, how can they change so much. First, they just simply became more serious, quieter and told me any activities besides studying are useless. I only thought it’s because they’ve matured so…

“Such [censored] brats. She shouldn’t have gone because of you.” Sunggyu suddenly says. Who is “she”? Apparently an important character to them because right after he said that, all the boys’ eyes are on him and they quickly run to him. I can’t see their eyes from this angle but I’m pretty sure they’re burning right now.

“What did you say [censored]? Because of who? It’s your fault that she isn’t here with us!”

Suddenly I hear footsteps towards this place. The boys seems surprised and quickly walk away, making me quickly return to the bathroom.

“Jangmi, have you finished?” Oh, it’s Hyuna unnie. “And here’s the sneakers.”

“Eh yeah… Thanks unnie. Let’s go!”

---------

“L-ssi, you finally join us.”

Even when I’m exhausted after the P. E. lessons, today it’s high jumping, my head instantly perks up when I hear his name.

“There was a big fight in our school and us council had to stop it.”

He’s using as an excuse for his appearance? Actually, that’s a good one.

“Ok. Anyone who has finished the exercises can relax. Just remember to keep it down with your talks.” Jung Jihoon seonsaengnim, our math teacher says after seeing almost one third of class has done their exercises.

Hyuna unnie hasn’t done hers yet so I find someone else to talk with. This is just too boring. And I even forgot to charge my phone.

I notice the twin sisters sit in front of me have finished so I strike a conversation with them.

“Hello…”

“Oh hi, I’m Ryu Hyoyoung, and this is my sister Hwayoung.”

“Hello, nice to meet you.” I say, smiling my friendly smile. They seem like cool and friendly girls. They happily return my smile.

“So, S. H. E?”

“Huh?” Then I realize they saw my S. H. E plush dolls. Why did I bring these? “Uh yeah… Wait, you know S. H. E?”

“Yeah. We’ve listened to some of their songs. Pretty good I must say.”

“Oh really?”

As we are talking randomly about a big love of my life, S. H. E, I notice Soo has finished his work and turn it to seonsaengnim already.

“He’s good isn’t he?” Hyoyoung asks me. She must have seen me looking at him.

“Yeah. I mean he did the exercises in like, twenty minutes or so.”

“Yeah. Even when we aren’t one of his, or INFINITE’s, fan girls we still think he’s quite cool.” Hwayoung continues.

I know right? My Soo is extremely cool of course. Wait, this could be a chance for me to find out more about my brothers.

“So, INFINITE is popular huh?”

“Yeah… You know we are quite popular in school right?”

“Unnie, what’s that for?”

“No it’s alright. I could tell.”

“Anyway. Yeah, INFINITE is actually one of the most popular groups in our school. I mean, they have looks, they’re in the council which means they must be talented and they’re from a wealthy family. I heard their father is the president of… of… something electronic corporation.”

“Woollim. Woollim Electronic.” Wait, I shouldn’t have said it out loud. I’m not supposed to know them. “I heard that from some of the students.”

“Oh right, thanks. Yeah, he’s the president of Woollim.”

“And… oh, they’re my guides. So, there’s something I want to know.”

“Oh really? Ok, just ask us. I and Hwayoung will answer you.”

“Uh… How’s the relationship between them? I mean, they looked pretty tense earlier.”

“Oh really? We don’t notice that.”

“But… yeah, maybe you’re right. I never actually see them talk casually to each others.”

---------

“Dollie, is something wrong? You look down?” Jessica unnie asks me, which makes every unnie looks at me.

“Uhm… Unnies, today I… I met my brothers.”

“Your brothers? Oh… you mean them. Why? They recognized you? Or did they do anything bad to you?” Typical Seohyun unnie.

“No, nothing unnie. It’s just… They’ve changed so much. They aren’t the happy, cheerful and loving boys anymore. They’re just… I don’t know. I just don’t like their changes.”

“Oh… According to what I know, people’s personalities cannot just change for nothing. Their personalities only change major when they have a big trauma or they are acting. So…”

“Kororo-ah, that’s enough. Anyway, she’s right about that. I also don’t think they would suddenly change. You should know the cause before jumping into any conclusion.”

Taeyeon unnie is right. I should know more about them. But how…

“Uh oh…”

“What is it Yul?”

“I know that look. We’re doing things again.”

“Don’t be so silly Yul. That’s wrong, right Dollie?”

“…”