The confession

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“This is where we brainstorm what to do to make people buy our products, the Marketing room.” The employees in here all stand up and bow to Jung Yeop appa. Of course, he’s the chairman, the president of them. “And people, I’d like you to meet Kim Jang Mi.” Taking my cue, I bow politely to them back. “She’s here to learn how Woollim works. I hope you can assist her in that as much as possible.”

“Yes chairman Lee.”

Appa, as usual, leave me in here to take a look around. Ever since he found out my interest in engineering and business, he offered to guide me. He has been taking me to many apartments of Woollim and introduce me around.

The employees are actually very eager to help me, probably due to the chairman’s word. So I do learn a lot from here. One may find this boring, but I find all of this astonishing. What we learn in classes, in clubs can’t be compared to the real world.

Besides, I’ve decided to work in here once I graduate. Shocker. I’ve always interested in this company. And besides, just as a bonus, I want to continue my father’s work. I know he was one of the pioneers of the company. He was actually said to be responsible for Woollim’s success (I’m not boasting. Employees, even appa said so). His electronic designs were very popular. I want to continue that, to join forces developing Woollim even more. After reading that letter, I want to repay all of his love for me.

“So Jang Mi ssi, which major are you in?”

“Oh, I haven’t finished high school yet. I’m still in my final year. But I’m planning to take Engineering, with maybe a side major in Business Administration and I.T.”

“So good to see great ambitions in young people.”

“Thank you sir.” I can tell he’s one of the older employees in the company. He has this wise, experienced look.

“So, are you a niece of chairman? I’ve never seen he take care of someone so much, even his sons.”

“No, I’m a friend of his sons only. It’s may be because he knew I’m very much interested in the field.”

“Well, either way, I can see great potentials in you. You have very bright eyes. You must be very intelligent. And with your enthusiasm, I’m sure you can go far.”

“Thank you sir. You’re too kind.” Suddenly, my phone vibrates. I excuse him and check the message outside.

“Jang Mi ah~ Meet us at … at… We have great news.”

----------

Who do they think I am? Oh Eun Sun? Why do they keep choosing somewhere on top of a mountain or a hill?

Wheeze… wheeze…

I think my vision is getting blurry by the minute. At least I reach the top.

Wheeze… Wheeze…

I’m fine now, kind of. Maybe my friends are right, I should participate more in sport.

Anyway, now that I can actually see, I notice the setting around me. Ok… Why does it look so romantic for some reason? What kind of good news is it?

Someone gets a partner?

“Jang Mi ah~”

“Oh, there you guys are. What’s all this? What are you all celebrating? …Do you finally accept going to Seoul?”

Yeah, so they were accepted in SM after the 2nd audition. But they have to go to Seoul, to SM, to be a trainee there. Of course, SM promised to provide them with accommodation and food (I don’t think they need that. They can buy a house and tons of food themselves). The issues lie within their mothers, obviously. Not the going to the Seoul part. The trainee part. INFINITE still fear their mothers.

“No…” You can actually hear the drop in the atmosphere.

“Anyway, what do you think of this.” He gesture the setting.

“I think it is n-” I jump in shock when it suddenly black out.

Why do I hear music from somewhere?

“What’s this?”

“I asked the music club for a custom-made love song. This is what they wrote. Ho Ya and Dong Woo worked together to make the choreography.”

“I mean, what’s this for? Why perform it to me?”

“…This song was written for you. We want to sing this to you only… If you’re not happy with this song we will ask the music club to write another one.” I guess they didn’t write this song, so the song was way out of context. Do I look like the fragile type who has cried, which made they want to protect me?

But…

“Why?”

“…I …We…”

“We love you. We love you a lot. Would you go out with us?” The boys shout on the top of their lungs, face hanging low.

“What!?”

“Jang Mi-ah.” Sung Gyu begins. “I know this is a lot to take in, but we all love you. Like, not just love love. Like, LOVE love. Like, in a romantic kind of way.” It’s so weird to see Sung Gyu talks like this.

But… “What!?”

“I know you would think it’s weird. But we’ve talked. It’s not that strange to have a polyamorous relationship. We don’t mean anything dirty. We thought that it’s best to share our love with you.”

“…”

“So, Kim Jang Mi. We’ll ask this again… We’ll you be ours?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t.”

The boys show obvious grief and disappointed. That breaks my heart. But not enough to change what I have decided.

“I guess you can’t accept the thought of multiple boyfriends?”

“No. I think most girls would like that. Besides, my unnies have one. But that’s not why I reject that.”

“You’re not happy with this place. Woo Hyun hyung set this up according to the magazine. We will set up another better one for you.”

“No. Look, maybe I have misled you. I only think you as friends, not anything more.” And I don’t think you really like ME me either.

“But that can change can’t it?”

“No, I’m sorry. But I don’t think we can make it. It’s just… We’re not… meant to be. I can’t. And I don’t want to lie to myself, to you. I just… don’t think this will work. Once again. I’m sorry.” Believe me, I just know it. The necklace never once reacted to them.

Deciding not to make it worse, and not to see their heartbroken faces any more, I quickly leave.

Noona is sorry boys. I shouldn’t have let myself so close to you.

----------

After that “incident”, I try to avoid INFINITE as much as possible. Everyone notices that, especially the fans of our relationship. They have been constantly asking me and INFINITE about our relationship. Of course, none of us answer anything.

INFINITE isn’t so happy like before. In fact, they don’t even bother to give a polite smile to anyone. That’s even worse than before I arrive here.

Hm…

“Hello?”

“Uh yeah.” I wake up from my small trance. “I have a notice to meet the vice principle Mr. Ryu Su Yong.”

“Ah, miss Kim Jang Mi right?” I nod. “Please come in.”

I carefully open the door. What is it this time?

“Ah, hello miss Kim. Please, have a seat.” He gesture the sofa in the corner. “Yes, you’re here on an exchange program, from Seoul branch right?” I politely nod. “And I’ve seen your grades. You have very good record, and ETS University is wide open for you.”

“Thank you Ryu seonsaengnim. I was planning to go there anyway.”

“Good. Then, here’s the thing. As an exchange student, you’re only bounded to study in a different branch for a semester. You’ve study here for almost three semester right?”

“Yes seonsaengnim. Almost one year and a half.”

“However, you are free to choose where to study next. We also have a university here. But we like to keep your choices open. The Seoul branch also accepts you there. We want you to make a choice, so we won’t have complications later. Do you want to go to this University, or move back to Seoul and attend the one there? When you’ve made your choice, you can call the school board. I will personally arrange the forms for you.”

Move back to Seoul? Why now?

But… this may be a chance for me. I think INFINITE’s lives have been improved. They have regained their old, original personalities. They also have a chance to fulfill their dream as idols, even if their fear of their mothers still prevents it. But overall, my mission to help them is finished.

And me? Now, I’m just a sad part of their lives.

“I want to transfer back to Seoul please.” I’ve made my choice. It’s for the sake of everyone… Besides, Mi Sun and Bae Jin would be happy to hear this.

“Very well, I will prepare the forms right now.”

I’m sure this is the right thing to do.


The song is not exactly perfect for this. I mean, as I wrote, the main character's strong personality doesn't really fit the song.

But I'm terrible at writing romantic stuff, so I just copy what I can.