Into the woods (2)

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“WHAT!!! Are you crazy!? We can’t do that!” Tae unnie shouts through the phone, deafens me. Of course, she’d react like that.

“What’s the big deal unnie? They don’t know how much was stolen. We just give her a bit. Just a bit is enough for 10 people.” Yes, of course Yoong unnie is on my side. I know she loves me very much. I even hear a “Yeah”/”Yup” from the background.

“Fine… You’d better exploit this chance as much as possible. I can’t take any of your schemes anymore. We’re teleporting this to you right now… Have you got it? It’s a glass glowing, blue bottle.”

“Yes I have unnie. It’s already in my bag.” Nana unnie’s power is so useful, teleporting objects like this. Wow, this thing is pretty. Pixie fairies’ potions are always very magical. Not to be mean, but I’m glad someone stole their truth potion so unnies had to take it back and let me have one bottle. Anyway, I’ve taken a while. Don’t want them to get suspicious. Now… oh there’s the water bottle. Wait, how much should I pour in… Maybe the whole bottle. I hope it’s efficient enough. Wow, look at the bottle, and the little “galaxy” inside it.

Oh good. The water doesn’t change color.

“Hey, did you guys wait long?” I ask as I coming out of the tent. “Sorry I took a long time. The new outfit is quite big for me.” It is. Despite my height, my limbs are very thin (no muscle whatsoever I know, don’t remind me). And in Dong Woo’s clothes, I look tiny.

“I’m so sorry Jang Mi. Why am I such a klutz?” Dong Woo apologizes for the nth times. Oh, I’m sorry Dong Woo. But I had to.

To recap, I actually made him drop the food on me. While he was distributing the grilled meat (Woo Hyun’s work is very tasty btw), I sneaked my leg and stepped on his, surprising him and dropped the plate onto me, who “by chance” is standing very close. Good thing I did calculate a little so the food is only on my shirt, not on my skin or hair. So of course, I had to change my pajama. But it was too late to go home and get a new one, so Dong Woo offered me his T-shirt, which for some reason he always has in his backpack. And I took that as an excuse to be alone in the tent and called Tae unnie. I need the truth potion to make them tell the whole truth why they’ve changed. I feel like I’m dragging. I have to fix the problems from the core.

“It’s fine. Don’t worry. And hey, I’m sure it’s going to be quite a talk, so have some water.” I give the bottle to Sung Jong, and let him pass it down the circle. They don’t share the bottle if you’re wondering. We have our own paper cups. Good~ they’ve all drunk the water.

“Hey, let’s play truth or dare. It’s a fun game. It’s also family friendly… if we play it innocently. Of course, one can dare the other to strip , or kiss anyone of us, except from Jang Mi. I won’t let anyone except me kiss her. Or we can ask questions such as “Have you had ?” or… But I know we won’t do those anyway. We’re still not that close, and with such a classy girl like Jang Mi here, I don’t want to break my image.” Okay… Yeah, the potion is working alright. I heard from unnies that is how the fairies’ potions work. They make anyone taken them do whatever the potion force them to do. However, those people won’t notice anything unusual. Only the unaffected ones do.

Why do I slightly regret this?

“Yeah, let do that!” Dong Woo eagerly agree with Woo Hyun, with the others seem like they also agree. “Let Jang Mi start first ok? Don’t you think I’m such a gentleman now?” Yeah, I’m not sure which of what he said is what he really said, and which is the real truth he was thinking. But I think he won’t just say the second sentence out loud.

“Sure, thank you… Here I gooo~” The bottle spins a bit, then stops and points at… Myung Soo! “Ok, Myung Soo, truth or dare?”

“Dare. I don’t want to appear cowardly in front of you.” I can’t help but to join the “Ooh~” of others. Must be because that’s so unlikely of him, even when I know his true reason. For some reason though, the first sentence is in a rather monotone voice, while the later sounds livelier. Maybe… maybe that’s his true voice. I knew he was faking it.

But, to be honest, I’m surprise and disappointed that he chose dare. I want him to choose truth, so I can ask questions. So… what can I order him to do? I can’t just choose anything. They may not remember what the potions make them to say, but they can remember what one means to day. Hm~ I know! I’ll ask him to do this, and question him afterward so it seems natural.

“Myung Soo, do aegyo, please~” I purposely add a smile to the long, melodic “please~” so he can’t refuse just in case. Everyone else, including Myung Soo look shocked. According to what I’ve seen, “L” doesn’t do anything close to “cute”, which was surprising at first since he was quite child-like at times (I’ve observed). I also want to see some cuteness. I like cuteness.

“But… but… ok. I think I can do this. I do have some hidden aegyo. I just have to channel it out.” The boys cheer, as I give him an encouraging smile. This is ought to be fun.

 

Wow~ that was very good. I can’t stop laughing. He’s super cute, and the reactions of others are priceless!

“Hey, you were very good. I think you were extremely adorable… You are adorable too Sung Jong oppa.” I can totally see the jealous face of him. “Why don’t you do this more?”

“Uh…” He’s still sheepishly grinning. “I… I think this is childish. My mother said that I should be more mature. A good heir should be very adult-like, more action than talking. This “aegyo” thing shouldn’t be seen. Father need to think I am suitable for running the business. It’s very hard to compete with six others, all older than me except one.” I know this will make him talk. Based on the different tone, the “Uh…” is what he said. The rest is in such a child-like voice. How cute!

But honestly… So that’s why he had that cold guy “L” image. It does make him seem more mature, and it is quite charismatic (I’ve read our school confessions about them as a part of “research”). But it isn’t him. And it’s enough for me to hate it. Besides, the real Myung Soo, not L, is super adorable. And to think about it, INFINITE’s mothers are quite materialistic. They probably said that to their own sons. I saw how they were, and that theory doesn’t sound farfetched.

Still. They’ve changed so much. Even when I was still there, those women already filled them with bad thoughts like that, they didn’t seem to care much. I know children are easily influent, but they just didn’t look like the type. Moreover, the change is so drastic. There’s still something there.

Anyway, we continue and the next “victim” is Sung Gyu. Sung Gyu is always the main target for teasing. This should be fun.

“I choose truth. I don’t want you kids to make me do anything embarrassing. And I’m talking specifically to you Myung Soo. Don’t you pretend you are a laid-back guy! I know you, you’re just as evil as the rest, sometimes more dangerous. All in all, I don’t trust you.”

“Boo~ Don’t be such a coward hyung. Actually, I think we all know you would choose Truth. But I’m teasing you for this anyway.”

“Yeah, boo~. Grandpa hyung, this is why you’re so easy to be picked on.”

“Yah, yah! Be quiet. Don’t make fun of me in front of Jang Mi. Don’t need to make her think I’m more cowardly than she already has! You brats just want to tease me don’t you? Myung Soo… fire it up. I’m ready.”

“Do you rely on eyeliner a lot hyung?”

“…Yah! What do you mean? I know what you meant but, can’t believe you just asked that, straight to my face! How can you treat you hyung like that?”

“Hyung, we all know what he meant. Stop pretending and answer the question hyung. We want to hear you admit it.”

“Fine, I heavily depend on eyeliners, happy? I know my eyes are small, stop rubbing it in. Honestly, nobody respects the leader these days. To think about that, the only people they actually listen to are father, mothers and noona, if she could talk. Haiz~ Wait, did I mention noona? I thought I forbid myself from remembering her… Noona~” While everyone is laughing from Sung Gyu’s admittance, I observe him and see the frown on his face. Time to time I hear the word “Noona”. Who is she? They seem like they all liked her, even a crush on her. Was she their classmate, their girlfriend, their… acquaintance? I, for one, do like not to know things. But he doesn’t say anything more about this “noona”. I guess that’s all he’s thinking. How to make they tell me more? I can’t just ask them directly for sure. And I’m not dragging this anymore. It’s about 8 months already since I met them and I still haven’t got to the problem’s core. I’m figuring it all out tonight.

“Wow, all this talking and laughing make me thirsty. Where’s the water? Oh… ah~ hey, does anyone want some refill?” After Sung Yeol says that, everyone has another full cup of water, emptying the whole water bottle. Hm, I hope this doesn’t cause anything, you know, overdose the potion?

“Do you remember noona, Woo Hyun?” Sung Gyu suddenly asks. I thought that was a sensitive subject?

“Yeah I do. How can I forget? How can WE forget? She was our first best friend apart from us. Never once did she talk, but we all knew we could be who we really were.”

“Yeah… I remember the day appa took her home. She was pretty, like a doll. Well, she was but you know… Even as a kid I knew she would be the most beautiful sight ever.” Wait… Wait a minute… Oh my dear God, that was me!

…Could be someone else…

No, it WAS me. I was “noona”!!!

Well, to be perfectly honest, I should have known this. It was so clichéd and obvious. I can’t believe I didn’t realize that. How stupid!

“I know. She was perfect. Her wavy blonde hair, she baby blue eyes, her porcelain skin… That was the first time my heart skipped a beat.” Great. I was (might be) their first crush, thanks to my look. That… artificial, impossibly inhuman look, made by my parents’ dream and skilled worker… I don’t know if I should be happy.

I know, it’s strange but I’m not that proud of my look, not as much as my intelligence.

“But more importantly,” Yes? “She made me feel comfortable. I didn’t try hard to keep up my image mother gave me when I talked to her. It’s like… She understood me.”

I’m not happy. I wasn’t even talking. Yes, I sympathized with them. But I was a DOLL, an inanimate object. They feel like I understood them? That’s surely because I didn’t judge them because I couldn’t.

Wow… five seconds and I have already judged them. This won’t work. Well, at least now I know who’s “noona”.

“But… I also remember the day she disappeared.”

“I do too Sung Jong… It was the worst, still is, day of my life. Remember how we locked ourselves in noona’s room?”

“I do. And remember what mothers told us? They said: “He was ashamed to have such feminine sons, playing with dolls all the times. In anger, he told his worker to destroy “it”, to stop your unmanly, immature hobby. That is what would happen when you get too distracted with useless things.”

“Dare I forget? I constantly remind me that moment.”

“And do you guys know what my reaction was when I was told that? First, grief, then, absolute anger. I was angry, because… I thought it was your fault. YOU were the one ashamed appa, making do such thing to noona.”

“Yeah, and I was guilty. Deep down, I knew it was my fault too. I didn’t focus, and angered father. That’s why I worked hard to compete with you hyungs. I always remember the time I lost tracked, and lost the thing I love most.”

Sorry, noona is sorry. I didn’t know…

Maybe… I wasn’t as selfless as I thought. When I turned human, I didn’t even remember you guys at all. I was so happy with the new life, I didn’t look back on my old one. I never thought that my disappearance affected you that much.

“I’m sorry everyone. I’m sorry for mistreating my dongsaengs.”

“Me too. I’m sorry too.” Suddenly they all start apologizing and… crying? Oh God, what’s happening?

Shocked, I turn my head a bit, just to see Dong Woo clings to my while bawling his eyes out. Uh… “There, there. It’s… okay.” This is awkward. I can’t even remember the last time I console someone.

“Uhm… I-”

*Thump* Now they’re asleep?

That’s definitely the potion.


I love the show Weekly Idol, so I use a video from that as a reference (It's the only thing I watch along with RM tbh)

But I think that show well Myung Soo's aegyo right?