23

Into their lives, again

Author’s POV

Chaotic. That’s a good word to describe the mall right now.

As soon as the fire alarm broke out, signaling there’s a fire somewhere in the mall, people get panic and started to run for their lives. No, not to the point of stepping on each other but… they’re close. Of course, the securities must guide them out through exits. Police, fire trucks and ambulances are called.

Meanwhile, you’re stuck in the bathroom on the seventh floor, near the tailor’s. It was actually a simple reason. While people were running pass the girl’s bathroom, someone accidentally knocked the flower pots over, right in front of the door. The pots are quite heavy, since their made from marble, plus your weak self, so you can’t open the door.

However, you’re not the only one not moving out of the building, INFINITE is too. They looked for you in the frantic crowd earlier but they can’t find you. So they stay and try to search for you. They figured that since there’s no giant, black smoke or whatever, the fire probably isn’t big. They might have time to find you before exiting the mall.

Your POV

One… more… time…

Haiya- Ouch!

Huff… Huff… Ok, I’m exhausted, bruised somewhere (I must have when I try to open that door) and there’s a fire out there (of course).

…Wait, what’s this hard thing… My mobile phone!

Gosh, why did I forget that I was having my phone with me all along? Aish!

I should- But what if they’ve already got out. I can’t…

At least if they have, they can ask for someone’s help right?

Sunggyu’s POV

No, she’s not here. Weird. She should be somewhere around here. I remember she said she was using the bathroom. And talking about weird… The fire alarm rang but I can’t see a single fire, smoke or any heat! No that I want to but this is strange.

Where does that [censored] music come from? In this-

“Grandpa! Your phone.” My- Oh… My phone. Huh? Jangmi!

“Jangmi! Where are you?” I frantically ask. INFINITE quickly surrounds me when they hear the word “Jangmi”. I quickly press the speaker button so anyone can hear her.

“I’m in the bathroom near the tailor’s. Something’s with the door. I can’t open it.”

“Ok. We’re coming!”

All of us run to the bathroom and quickly open the door. Huh? Nobody’s here. And nothing’s wrong with the do-

“Eh… You do know this is a boys’ bathroom and Jangmi’s a girl right?” I hear Hoya says. Oh yeah.

Your POV

Phew~ At least the lights are still on. I don’t think I can survive if they turn off the lights in here.

“Jangmi, can you hear me?” I hear Dongwoo shouts. I quickly run to the door and shout in respond. “Good. Wait for us. We’ll remove the pots in front of the door and let you out soon.”

Pots? What do they mean pots?

“Jangmi!” As soon as the door opens, they all throw their arms around me. And I always thought many people hugging a same person at the same time is impossible.

“Guys, let’s get out of here.”

Author’s POV

You eight are now walking towards the stairs. Yes, the stair and yes, you’re still on the seventh floor. Who dares to use an elevator in a fire anyway?

However, just as you reach the stairs, something happens.

“Hello world!” A man voice can be heard through the speakers, both from outside and inside the mall. “Do you all enjoy the run? Gives you a good exercise doesn’t it?”

People outsides gasp. Nobody understands a thing.

The polices, however, act quickly. They call the head police to come, sensing this is not just a normal fake fire alarm. One police takes a speaker. He stands on his police car and asks who the man is.

“Me? How about “we”? Even if you know our names, you average police don’t know who we are. But in case you called someone from the MBC, we are the Walkers.”

At the same time, the head polices arrive. One man asks the officer about the situation.

“MBC? Manshik, call officer Park Myungsoo for me.” He told another high-range officer. “…And contact the CEO of LEON as well.”

Shortly after, four white vans arrive.

“I want this area restricted. In one kilometer around the building, I want to see nobody. And I want absolutely no press cars or helicopters. Clear?” A man walk out, order.

“Yes, sir.”

“Myungsoo! Here you are. This is a case for MBC so you take over.”

“Thank you.” And he takes the speaker. “I’m Park Myungsoo from MBC. What do you want?”

“Well well well. Officer Myungsoo. Nice to see you again. It’s been what, two months from that?”

“Get into the main point!”

“Still hot-headed as ever. Well, we’re having some new members to our little family. And this is our welcoming party for them!” Some cheering can be heard. “Listen Shin Wonsoo, I know you’re there. After all, this is the main key of your filthy rich mall chain. And besides, LOEN Corporation is a good partner of MBC. Since this is our new members’ first mission, we’re gonna take it easy… I want thirty million dollars, cash, in a bag in front of the main entrance.”

“What make you think we’re going to do that?”

“I know you guys have clear out everyone in one kilometer around the building. You always do. But if we burn this place down for real, the total damages would be hundreds times more than mere thirty million dollars. Besides, what would your partners do if they find out? Hm~ I just can only imagine.”

“…I need time to think about it.”

“What are you doing!?” Myungsoo angrily shouts.

“What!? If what he says really happens, my company will be on the verge bankrupted you know? I can’t risk it.” He yells back. Myungsoo knows he can’t stop this, so he only walks away, back to his car. Wonsoo talks to the man. “I’ll think about it.”

“Good. I give you five hours. Now is… ten. At three I expect the money bag ok? If not, well, I’ve told you what we’re gonna do.”

“Thirty million dollars isn’t a small amount of money. We need more time.” Wonsoo says.

“Ha, you think I’m an idiot. We all know very well we can’t work in sunlight.”

“No, I’m honest! You know-”

“Fine, fine. Since I’m so nice today and all, I’ll give you an extra hour. That would be more than enough time for you. Use it well~”

Your POV

Silence engulfs us. We’ve heard all of their conversation, all of it. And to be frank, “shocked” isn’t enough to describe our feelings now. But I know well we’ve gotta be calm in this situation.

“Listen, I know we’re all… scared. But bear in mind that whoever behind this only want money. So… let’s just go out from this building and we’ll be okay, all of us. Clear?” Sunggyu, as the oldest, says. We can only nod. He’s right. Let just get away from here.

“Uhm… Excuse me. Would you mind, uh, if I get changed. This dress I’m wearing isn’t exactly comfortable and I want something more… movable for me.”

“Huh? Yeah, sure. Uhm… Sungjong, you’re keeping her clothes and ours right? Give her hers. And maybe we should get changed too. We need to move fast.”

----------

We’re already reached the third floor. It’s very tiring actually.

Only some more stairs Rose. Only some more stairs Rose.

“Hey! You there, STOP!”

Uh oh.