25

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“So, what did he say?” I hear Woohyun ask Sunggyu, who was on the phone with Myungsoo… let’s just call him the officer. We already have one right here (although he goes with the name L now).

“He said they had called appa and Haneul umma. And the officers are seeing the mall’s design, to see the best exit for us. And he said always have our phones on in case things happened.”

“I thought he only had Jangmi’s phone number… BTW, how did you get his number?”

“From my unnies. Their company works collaborates with MBC a lot. And yeah… I gave him all of your number.” Fortunately, nobody has said anything relating to the “supernatural” part.

“Oh~ But we just can’t wait for them to check the blueprint. Let’s keep going!”

“But he told us to stay put until the officers discover a good exit, or in the worst scenario, we wait until the Walkers gets the money. We’ve already-”

“Ha! And just stay here until then? Yeah, you stay. I’m going ahead. There’s no way I’m waiting.” Typical of Dongwoo, being restless and all. Of course, he really is standing up, getting ready to walk out.

“I hate to admit it… But he’s right. C’mon, we’re really just waiting?”

“I agree. It’s useless hiding here.” I should’ve known. Dongwoo, Woohyun and Howon would be the three that just can’t wait for something.

“…I think we should keep walking too. Can’t be like you, GRANDPA.” Sungjong also stands up. The other three, I get it why they’d want to risk it but him? He’s… Yeah… Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure he does that just to piss Sunggyu off. And I see Myungsoo follows, without saying anything of course. Right, he’d be the one following the majority. “Come on Jangmi. Let’s go and leave that old man behind.” What he says really doesn’t match his smiling face. I mentally sigh. They still fight in a time like this? I look at Sunggyu too see his reaction. He looks angry and annoyed, also a bit depressed.

“Aish, those brats!” He then notices me looking at him. “Oh, sorry Jangmi. They must have made you feel irritated. Haiz~ Guess we have to follow them. We can’t get separated. It’s dangerous… for us two.” Aw~ This gives me hope. Though he says it’s for the sakes of me and him, I’m quite sure he means for INFINITE as well.

---------

Author’s POV

“This is so your fault. Thanks for starting the idea, Einstein!”

“My fault only!? I didn’t force anyone to follow me. And you, you think you’re not the one to blame? You’re supposed to be the “leader figure” of us. You should’ve been a little more attentive. You should’ve known who was missing right the moment we reached the court area, not until we took rolls just a moment ago.”

“Oh, so you admit I’m the leader now? Why didn’t you listen to me earlier then?”

“You-”

Just before another big war starts, someone from the group explodes.
”Would you two just shut it!? Three people from our group are missing, even possibly captured by the group of people earlier. And all you two can do is arguing!? You are the oldest ones goddamn it! Come on, we all must think of a plan to save them.”

“…You’re right. We should stop.”

“Yeah, we’re sorry.” Every member of INFINITE, except him of course, says.

“Wow~ Sungjong surprisingly can be very mature.” Hoya whispers to Sungyeol. As much as Sungyeol hates to admit it, he agrees with him. Come on, it’s Sungjong, the cute, childish maknae of INFINITE (of course excluding the two-faced part).

Sunggyu’s phone rings. He checks the name and he gulps when he sees who is calling. “Officer Park Myungsoo”. He announces it to the rest and they all suddenly feel scared, scared to tell him what has happened.

“…Y- Yes…”

Meanwhile, at the broadcasting room, a young man is comfortably listening to some current hits when three people barge in the group, dragging two unconscious bodies with them.

“Noo- I mean, hyung, we caught two of them!” A young boy says to him. Taking of the headphone, he walks to them. “We’ve done a good job right hyung?” He asks cutely, making the other two gag.

“Yeah, I’m proud of you.” The young men smiles brightly and pats his head. “And that’s for you guys too. Hm~” He takes a closer look at the bodies. “…I just want to see who they are. They look familiar ok? Don’t need to be like that. So please. Good. Hm~ Omo! I know them. It’s INFINITE’s Woohyun and Myungsoo! Eek~”

Your POV

I cover my ears. Ok, through the glass wall, I only see one girl (from the curves and the hair), and she’s busy holding Myungsoo’s body. The one talking is a boy. He also has a deep voice. Basically, I’m pretty sure he’s a male. But… he’s squeaking like a fangirl?

…If he knows them, then… INFINITE told me, privately for some reason, they weren’t really interested in appa’s business so they didn’t attend much events or made much contacts with the press. The most possible reason is that guy has gone to our school… O. M. G!

“Don’t worry guys. Sure… I’m in their fanclub but, I would never let it affect our works.” He’s in their fanclub? “Hm… I think we should keep them somewhere. We still haven’t got our money, and there are eight of them… Wait, eight. Omo, I think the whole INFINITE is here! The eight one must be Jangmi-ssi. Eeeeek~ Their OTPs are real!” …Haiz~ Well, I should’ve got used to it by now. I mean, JangmiNITE is “the most popular OTP at school”. I hear him cough. “Oops, sorry. Anyway… There are six more here. I want to make sure that they’re all captured, just in case they’re really MBC’s agents… Hm~ Guys, you go help the rest searching for the others and looking out for the MBC agents. And you two, you guys keep them securely locked somewhere.”

But seriously. That room is the media room of the mall, meaning people work with sounds there. Why didn’t they make that room soundproofed. Of course, it also means I wouldn’t have known what they’re planning but… who designed the room? And what’s more… the room has glass walls? They could’ve added some curtains or something. But again, I couldn’t have seen who’s in there… Gosh, I’m having a very confusing mind on this room’s design… Damn it, got sidetracked again. Focus. Focus.

 “Ok un- hyung~” One of them answers. Aw~ He sounds so cute… How come he’s doing such a job?

“Guys, we’ve caught two of them. Where are you? Ok, wait there for a bit. ***’s joining you.” I missed out the name, the most important part? Haiz~ Well, what did I expect? This is a fanfic after all. Besides, they’re just cameos so… yeah~

----------

“Jangmi! Thank God! Where are you? Are you ok? Are you hurt…” I knew it. I should’ve called Sunggyu. Well, it’s good that Dongwoo cares about me, a lot. But… “Stop! Give it to me. Let me talk to her…” I don’t know what’s happening but I hear shouts and crashes on the other line… Don’t tell me they’re fighting again~ “Oh hi Jangmi.” I hear Sungyeol’s voice.

“…Uh hi, uhm, I thought I was talking with Dongwoo and I heard Sunggyu?”

“Oh, they’re busy with something.” Cue the familiar scream “I’m gonna kill you, you-”. “Anyway, we’re really worried about you.”

“No need. I’m completely fine. When me and Woohyun, Myungsoo were chased by three of them earlier, I managed to escape. Unfortunately, the other two were knocked down and captured… I’m sorry. I couldn’t help them.”

“Uh, no. That’s not your fault that they’re caught. It was only because… they were a bunch of knuckleheads.” Although Sungyeol says that, I detect hints of sorrow in his words. Especially since Myungsoo’s one of the two captured. Yeah, I know they always acted out like they hated each other the most, but I know it was actually because they were a close pair back then. Like what people say: “The more you hate, the more you love.”

“Anyway, where are you guys? At the food court?” So that’s why I heard the broken china sound. “Oh, it’s… on the ninth floor isn’t it? No? Tenth? …Well, I think I’m on the top floor. I’m in the bathroom across the media room… No, you guys don’t need to come here. It’s dangerous. They’ve searching for you guys all over… No, I’ll be fine, really! I, uh, I think I’m gonna join you later, when I have made sure that Woohyun and Myungsoo are safe… Yes, I have to. I can’t just… abandon them. Don’t worry, I’ll be safe. The worst scenario is that I’ll be stuck here till the dawn.” Of course, I leave out the part that if it’s the dawn already and the Walkers haven’t received the money, they’ll… burn the mall.

Woohyun’s POV

“Ugh, my neck…” What- Oh yeah, someone hit me on the neck and I out… It’s actually more painful that how it looked on TV…

Huh? Where am I? Oh, Myungsoo’s also here, still unconscious. I guess I should wake him up. It’s dangerous to just lying here- I mean, dangerous for me since… I… I should just wake him.

“Yah! Lee Myungsoo, wake up! Wake up! Aish~ WAKE UP! WAK-”

“Hey! Why did you slap me!? You son of- Where am I?”

“Don’t know. Look like some kind of… abandoned warehouse?”

“…Well? Why are we still here. Go around and look for a good exit!” I tell him. Of course, I quickly walk away too before he can shouts “So do you!” That kid. Always the emotionless, the calm-looking one but also the most hotheaded one.

…No way out… Oh~ Maybe I should…

Damn it! No bars!?

Well, at least have something to do while waiting for the rescue team (Not really hoping them to come and rescue me. My brothers hate me a lot. I’m pretty sure they will just go first. And Jangmi… It’s better for her to escape. It’s dangerous here) or till they receive the money they’ve asked for.

Your POV

…He knows how to pick locks?

“Uh- Just something I picked up.” Sungyeol says, probably knows what everyone’s thinking.

“You’d better not sneak into our rooms or anything like that [cen]- Uh, uhm, Sungyeol.” Well, at least Howon notices I’m here. Oh, it’s open. Kinda strange actually since most janitor closets aren’t locked like this. Ok… Acetone… Bleach and… Damn, who put it there? Who can actually reach it!? Well, ones who can fly or at least three-meter high… Like unnies, or that- Aish, distracted again.

“No, how about I’m on top, you bottom?” “How about… NO. On your knees!” “No way. You’re the one who should be at the bottom!” What’s going on here? I’m kinda lost. What’s all the commotion about who’s on top and who’s not between Dongwoo and Howon?

“Shut it! How about letting Jangmi on top one of us. It’ll be easier.” Sunggyu cuts in.