14

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Hello… Lee Teuk oppa, Shin Dong oppa, Eun Hyuk oppa and Ki Bum oppa… unnies asked you?”

“Yeah… well, they asked Hannah and she dragged us here.” Eun Hyuk oppa answers.

“Sorry oppas…”

“No prob. It’s for good cause anyway. Besides, it gives us a chance to practice. Lately, we’ve been busy with the missions.” Lee Teuk oppa answers, always with a warm smile… Doesn’t he get tired? Well, it’s a leader thing I guess.

“Nice make up. Wow… you guys really look like you’ve having bruises and scratches. A bit dramatic though. And did unnies… Hannah unnie tell you what to do?”

“Yes, she did. She gave us a long talk on it. Don’t worry, we won’t mess things up.” Leeteuk oppas answer.

“Yeah. Don’t worry. We are brilliant actors.” Eun Hyuk oppa confidently says. Hyo Yeon unnie was right. He likes to brag, a lot.

“Really? I thought it’s because we’ve argued thousands times before.” Shin Dong oppa retorts.

Good thing they don’t ask like this on important missions, at least Hannah unnie told me so. Or else the world, or at least this country, would get into some serious troubles. Well, gotta work.

---------

Sungyeol’s POV

“Woo~ it’s break time.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to see what umma made me!”

Two girls of my class, Lim and So Hee talk happily while walking out of class, hands holding their lunch boxes. Haiz… I also want to have lunch box instead of buying food from the cafeteria too. Of course, that is just a dream. There’s no way ummas would make me one. And the maids wouldn’t even know what lunch boxes mean.

… I wonder if Jang Mi ssi has lunch at the cafeteria. I should go there and asks her to sit with me. It’s just a simple lunch together, right? She won’t notice that anything strange.

“Sung Yeol ssi!” I hear someone calls out my name in urgent.

“Ja- Jang Mi ssi. H- Hi.” I greet her, stuttering. Real smooth Lee Sung Yeol. Real smooth.

“Sung Yeol ssi. There’s a big fight and…”

“A fight? Where?” I say quickly. There shouldn’t be any fight in school (I do feel like a hypocrite however). And of course, since I’m in the student council, I must stop the fight.

“Come. I’ll take you there.” She says, the h- holds m- my hand. Snap out of it! It’s no time for this!

Just hope that she doesn’t see my face right now.

After a good running, we reach the abandoned building… Oh, it’s in the abandoned building. No wonder nobody knows about the fight. No student ever come here, ever since 1992, when that female student died and hence started the rumor about “her ghost remains here, haunting any student dares come to the place”. I, myself, do feel a bit scared. My tummy is not feeling fine right now. Or is it because Jang Mi ssi is still holding my hands?

“Uh… Jang Mi ssi, my hand…”

“Huh? Oh, sorry.” She smiles apologetically. Hm… Normally, in this situation, the girl will blush and the boy will simply shrug it off. Aw~ Such a pretty smile. “Uh… Sung Yeol ssi. The fight…”

Oops…

Author’s POV

“Hey! Stop the fight!” Sung Yeol shouts, pulling Eun Hyuk, one of the four men out.

“You tell them, they started the fight!” Another men, Lee Teuk says.

“No, we didn’t! We simply said the truth. They were the one who started the fight!”

“Hey, stop it. You guys are… Wait, how come I’ve never seen you guys? I’m in charge of the students’ profiles and I don’t remember seeing you.”

“…”

“Uh… This is a large school. There’s no way you can remember all the faces Sung Yeol ssi.” You quickly make up it up, hoping that he believes it. Fortunately, he does.

“Anyway, what’s happening here? Why are you guys fighting?”

“They started it!” Eun Hyuk says, pointing at Shin Dong and Ki Bum. “They said our rapping skills were terrible. How could they?”

“We were right you know. It’s not that good.” Ki Bum calmly states. “We can do a much better job than both of you. Right Shin Dong hyung?”

“Right. Comparing to us, your rapping is just… gibbering. It .”

“Oh that’s it!” Lee Teuk says, acting like he’s furious.

“You guys stop!” Sung Yeol shouts again.

“Yeah, he’s right. Rapping is for fun, it’s for everyone. Why do you guys have to make a big deal out of it?” You say, making Sung Yeol and all of the four men listen (though only Sung Yeol really listens, the others have already known their lines).

Taking a short pause, four Super Junior members then pretend to have a discussing. Sung Yeol sighs out in relief, happy that the fight ends. However, he’s a bit embarrassed for letting a girl, moreover a girl who he is strangely attracted to, settle things.

The next lines Lee Teuk says, however, stun him.

“If rapping’s for everyone, then everyone can do it right? How about Sung Yeol ssi rapping a bit for us, to prove it?”

“Yeah, come on. Show us.”

Of course, even when he really had a thing for rapping, beatboxing and stuff as a child, with nearly a decade giving it up, he can’t be too confident with it.

“Oh, I’m sure Sung Yeol ssi will succeed.”

You purposely say it, making sure Sung Yeol agree. He gulps.

“Ra- Rapping? But I don’t know any rapping lines.”

“Oh that’s ok. We’ve prepared for this. Here’s a song one of our friends wrote. It’s called “Mr. Simple”. Just do the rapping part.”

 

“Uh… Excuse me, I- I need some time to prepare.”

“Sure, go ahead.”

While he’s mumbling the lines, you take the chance to talk to Super Junior.

“Are you sure he can do it. He doesn’t seem to be the type to rap. If he doesn’t do well, he might got himself a trauma and won’t do things like this again, ever.” Lee Teuk gets worried. Honestly, you do fear that situation might happen. But no pain, no gain (even when Sung Yeol is the one who might be in pain, not you).

“I trust him. You guys really are good actors.”

“Of course we are. Who do thin-”

“That’s enough Eun Hyuk hyung.”

“By the way, where did you get the song.”

“We’re working for SM Entertainment remember? One writer there wrote this song. We’re planning to publish this song soon. But there’s no harm using it now.”

Sung Yeol’s POV

Ok, here we go. Lee Sung Yeol, you can do it. Breath in. Breath out…

Come on, just do it.

“Jaryuran-ke mwo keuri byeol geo ittna
Just Get It Get It
Sosohan iltaree jaemi
Deung deung deung keung keung keung
Sara-ittneun keuttael neukki-go shipna
Just Grab It Grab It
Kaseum ttwineun ne kkum-deuri aeki
Deung deung deung keung keung keung…”

As soon as I finish, I close my eyes and take a deep breathe. Even when I’ve done rapping, my heart still beats so fast right now. I put a hand on my chest, to calm myself down.

“Wow...” One of the boys say, finally breaking the silence. I become nervous, waiting for what he will say. “…You did a good job, though there are some small mistakes.”

“Yeah.” All of the boys agree. When I look at Jang Mi ssi, I see her… angelic smile.

“Well, I guess you were right.” One of them says. “Everyone can rap.”

“So… You guys… can make up or something?” I say, hoping they say yes.

“Yes. We now see that we were wrong and… Lee Teuk hyung, Kibum-ah, I’m sorry. I was wrong. I shouldn’t overreact about it.”

“Me too.”

“No, Shin Dong, Eun Hyuk, I’m the one who should say sorry. I’m the oldest here and I shouldn’t have let this happen.”

“No, I’m the one at fault hyungs. I shouldn’t have said those words. I should have encouraged you, in stead of insulting you like this.”

“No, I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m…”

This scene is touching, and disturbing. They remind me so much of me and hyungs before.

No, it’s not the same. Our problem cannot simply be solved with some apologies like these. No, it’s way bigger than that.

---------

Your POV

“Sung yeol ssi, I’m sorry for making you spent your break solving this.”

“No, it’s ok. It’s my responsibility anyway. Jang Mi ssi, wou- would you like t- to have lunch with me?” Sung Yeol nervously asks, fidgeting with his fingers. Those gestures… Didn’t unnie say those are ones of people in l- Ah, it’s nothing. There’s no way that would happen.

“I’m sorry. My unnie has asked me to have lunch with her and her friend. Maybe next time.”

“Uh… Ok.”

Is it me, or Sung Yeol looks really disappointed?