I can't do this anymore

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“So… You and Woohyun?” That’s weird. Woohyun might be naturally charming, flirtatious. But he has never fallen in love that fast. Wait, is that jealousy speaking or that’s a fact.

…No, I’m pretty sure that’s a fact.

“So, how did it start?”

“Uhm… last Wednesday. He just… asked me out actually. But he’s nice, he’s charming, and… we’re both singles so why not? It’s been a while since I last dated.” True. Among the three of us, she has the most impressive dating history, follow by Misun and then me. She’s not easy guys, don’t get me wrong. She just… falls in love quite easily, and she’s also a dreamer. I guess that’s why she’s dated quite a few.

But wait… last Wednesday? How could they meet? INFINITE doesn’t go to school anymore (SM wrote a letter to ETS and request an on-hold period on their study). I don’t think they had even met before, right?

“Do you notice how unusual she is? Normally, she doesn’t look as happy. She would smile, she would sigh, but she wouldn’t look THAT happy.”

“Yeah, I notice.” I whisper back to Misun. “But… I don’t want to admit this but we both know why. Please, stop making me feel guiltier.” Misun backs away slowly, her face shows hesitance.

“So… uhm, how about you and Block B?” Baejin low key asks me.

“Me and baes? Lovely! Oh, last Sunday we went out to the movies. They’re so cute~ I mean,” I swiftly take out my phone, showing her the photos I took. “Aren’t they cute~ Oh, here, here is when we go to that cute store near out school. Look at Zico! Look at how cute he is with the pink kitty. Don’t you love it when boys are in touch with their feminine side?”

“Yeah~” She lowers her voice. “They look undeniably happy.” I hear her mutter.

“True. They’re so having the time of their life!”

The truth is we don’t meet lately. They’re too busing being depressed with the news of her dating Woohyun. These were when we went out to buy gifts for her birthday. Strangely, they didn’t have phones that have cameras. I mean, what year is it now? Who would use brick phones anymore? Anyway, when they saw me talking pictures, I had to explain to them what it was and how we had been using it. Too say they were not excited was an understatement. They made sure I took pictures of them, every five minutes or so.

Didn’t expect they would come in handy though.

By the way, I’m not going to say this to Baejin obviously. But they were happy because they were amazed by how beautiful some of the things I showed them were. They probably came from somewhere extremely far behind.

Too be honest, I also photoshopped some “racy” pictures, you know, just in case… But I didn’t want to take it that far. I can make them look realistic enough, but that is against some of my moral rules. Yes, I have moral rules.

“So… which field have you signed for?” Misun starts, I guess she wants to break the tensed atmosphere.

“Like how I wanted, engineering. But instead of business, I take IT as a side field. You’re in fashion right?” I keep up my “unfazed” façade pretty well I must say.

“I… I… Uhm… I’m not sure. I was thinking of joining kindergarten education. But I’m not very confident.”

----------

“Hey Jangmi, home already? What do you want for lunch today?”

Seohyun eonni always cook for me. If only I knew how to cook. Is it too much if I force her to cook what I want?

“Nothing eonni.”

“Are you sure?” I must have been very picky if she asks me that.

“Yes eonni.”

----------

“Woohyun… did you date Baejin for me?”

“What!? Noona, how c- can you say… Yes, noona.”

“So you were that boy I caught listening to Misun and I.”

He can’t even lift up his head. Poor baby~ But I have to make this matter straight.

“You know, you only had to keep that a secret. Why did you ask Baejin out?”

“Well… I thought, you know, if she went out with me, you can have better chance with that group.”

“But you aren’t happy Woohyun-ah.”

“That’s fine noona. It’s just like hanging out with my friends. It’s actually fun.” No, it’s not. You look so painfully forced right now. “No really, it’s no big deal noona… Uh… I just want you to be happy with who you are meant to be with.”

I touch his cheek, trying to find some comfort for both of us. There’s no point arguing when you’re the cause yourself. “Thanks Woohyun. You’re always so nice to me.” I give him a kiss on the cheeks.

----------

“Hey Jangmi! Do you want some…”

“NO EONNI!!!”

She is clearly trying to have a talk. She wants to interrogate me. Like I don’t have enough right now!

“What happened Seo?”

“I’m not sure unnie. All I want is to offer her some tea.”

Lying. All of them.

----------

“What are you doing Jangmi?” The voice wakes me out of my trance.

“Just some light yoga Tae eonni.”

“Yoga? The last time Yul invited you, you refused to. Why now? And what’s this, scented candles?”

“I’m just interested in it all of the sudden, that’s all.”

Actually, I recently took a health quiz and the result said that I showed symptoms of a nervous breakdown. Make sense since… all this pretense is tiring me down. And I started trying yoga to find some peace for my soul. Not exactly what I usually go for but, it might work.

“Eonni, is Seohyun eonni home?”

“No, she’s at some meeting. Why don’t you text her?”

“Thanks eonni.”  No, I want to apologize to eonni. I’ve been unreasonable harsh on her. The stress was talking a toll on myself and everyone else.

----------

“ Have something to tell. Can we meet sometimes soon?” I text Zico ssi. Lying on the yoga mat gave me some time to think. What I did was wrong. And was I happy with that? No. It was hell. Even worse than when I was an inanimated object. Maybe I should be a little more truthful. There are ways to get someone to love me. I just have to do it fair and square this time.

So, here it is. Wow, even the outside alone screams “ spiritual”. Yes, I know I may have taken this yoga thing a bit to far. But it did help me to relax. I sure need it, and it doesn’t require strength or stamina. Besides, I only do relaxing yoga poses, not the ones may put me in hospital.

Just to be sure, I want to check the address once again.

Wait.

Have I seen that black van?

I HAVE! The vehicle has appeared here and there for the past s week. I know, I may be paranoid. It could be any black van...

That’s why I captured it’s plate number. Everytime I see the van, I check its plate number and compare it with the one I saved. Always a match. Seem like this time too.

I wonder if it’s because I’m too good or whoever on that van is so bad at stalking people that they still follow a girl who keep capturing their car.

Regardless, I’ be seen enough to make a guess that they are kidnappers. Not sure about the reason why though. But, if they think I’m an easy victim...

“Welcome. How may I help you?”

----------

The shopkeeper was right. This road is extremely empty. Why people bother to build this and don’t use it is beyond me.

The van suddenly suddenly stops. Some men run out. “Hello little gi- Ahh!!!”

“ Ah, story misters. I get shocked so easily.” I say politely, but giggle mentally. It’s from India. I’m sure they used very “effective” stuff to make this little thing.

“Once again I’m sorry misters.” I say one last time before I run away, not before picking up my shopping bag. Not to fast though. I don’t think I can stand another run after having walk for 3 minutes. When I reach the crowded street once again, I call my eonnideul to pick me up.


I was right... I'm too lazy.

Anyway, like I said, I'm going to rush these last chapters, so it might seem like it happens too fast. Sr