11

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Someone snuck in and did this?”

“Yes. Yesterday our room was still neatly arranged. But when we came this morning, everything was trashed. Even some of our books are messily thrown everywhere.”

That bad? I feel so guilty right now. I mean, I did tell unnies to make a mess at the Photography Club’s room, but this is too much. Well, I’ll write them an anonymous apologize letter.

“Jang Mi-ssi, I’m very happy that our school has such an irresponsible student like you.”

“Oh, it’s nothing Dong Woo-ssi.” Haiz… I really feel so bad right now.

“You may return to your class now. Thank you for reporting this to me.”

“Uh… No, it’s ok. I want to help everyone cleaning.”

It’s good that the teachers in ETS are all very easy to students. You can even skip class here. Of course, nothing is free. Students may not go to class, but their grades mustn’t be so bad, especially their majors. Fortunately, I’m, you know, smart and Hyun Ah unnie with me new friends agreed to help me with the notes.

“Dong Woo-ssi and Jang Mi-ssi, can you help us with that corner. It’s actually very easy. All you need to do is match the photographs with the country’s names on the board. I know you two are top students here so it won’t be difficult, right?”

“Yes Lillian-ssi, no problem.”

Dong Woo’s POV

So, I work with Jang Mi-ssi alone, in that corner?

What is this feeling? It feels like butterflies in my stomach. I didn’t have this feeling in my first performance with my brot- No, they’re not my brothers. What they’ve done is unacceptable. Because of them…

“Dong Woo-ssi, can you hand me those photographs please?”

I nervously gives her them. Luckily she doesn’t seem to notice my nervousness.

Your POV

“Dong Woo-ssi, are you sure those are all from Venice?”

“Yes I’m sure. You can tell from the water surrounding the buildings.”

“I can tell. But these pictures don’t show any water.”

“But here, see, those are all Venice masks, showing that this is from a carnival in Venice. And these two shoots are in St. Mark’s Square.”

Yes, yes! It’s working. He’s obviously showing it out. Aw… His eyes are sparkling. Just a little more…

“This looks like an arcade in… Japan?”

“Tokyo. Mount Fuji can be seen here, though only partially shown through the windows.”

“Oh… Dong Woo-ssi, have you ever been to Tokyo?”

“No I haven’t. Is there something?”

“No, it’s nothing. I just… You know, you seem like the type to travel a lot so I thought you have gone there.”

“Oh, I… I actually have never gone anywhere outside of Incheon. We student council is very busy so…” Oh, so he’s never… Poor Dong Woo!

“... Here’s another photograph. It’s the front of E3. Los Angeles?”

“Yes, it’s in Los Angeles.”

“The board here wrote “Wii MotionPlus press conference”… Oh, Wii MotionPlus. One of my friends has this. It’s really fun.” Ah… Good old days at Sun’s house. This reminds me. I should call her and Kitty after school today.

“I heard about it. People said it was fun too.”

“Yeah, it’s great. You know, even though I hate sports, or any physical activities, I enjoy playing the sport games in it. It feels so real and the designer made it exciting. The only thing I dislike about this game is I also need to notice my surrounding. One time I played it at my friend’s, I was so into the game that I broke one expensive. Fortunately my friend talked to her parents so I didn’t have to pay for it but… The next five months I always got the I’m-watching-you look from her mother.” Bad experience. That next five months Sun’s stepmother always kept her eyes on me like a hawk to its prey. Haiz… Laughter?

OMG. Dong Woo is laughing! He’s laughing! Yeah!!! His laughter is so cute!!!

Why am I fangirling over my dongsaeng like this?

Anyway, I’m really happy right now. This proves that his cheerfulness is still there.

“You know Dong Woo-ssi. I like it better when you laugh like this. You’re more natural and less stiff than your usual self.”

“Oh… Uh… I’m sorry. I think I’ve finished my side so… I have to go now. Goodbye.”

“Huh?” He’s gone.

What. Just. Happened?

Dong Woo’s POV

Huff… huff…

Gosh, I shouldn’t have run out like that. She must think I was rude… Shouldn’t have been so careless. Idiot, never, ever laugh like that again. You don’t want them to catch that image of yours, do you Lee Dong Woo?

I take one last glance to Photography club’s room. That new student just gives me the exact same feelings like those noona gave me. She also has a nice humor… A ideal girl of many people…

No Dong Woo, shake those feelings away. You shouldn’t think like that. Nobody is better than my noona. Yeah, noona is the best.

“So, you finally crack huh?”

“What?” Somebody said… Oh, it’s him… Lee Sung Gyu. “Sung Gyu SSI, what are you doing here?”

“Well, I was walking when I saw a boy who suddenly shook his head then nodded. I was curious who that poor student was. Didn’t expect it would be you.”

I was really that embarrassing?

“Hey brat, look at me when I was talking to you.”

Annoyed am I, I just can’t look straight at him and talk back. I couldn’t let him see my face right now. I will be even worse. But aish! This guy… Lucky for us it’s still class time so no fellow student is here now. Can’t he keep it down?

Ok, I think I’ve stopped blushing.

“Yeah, I was looking down because I just couldn’t stand your [censored] face, kay?”

“…What ever. Anyway, the cheerleading club’s leader had a bad accident yesterday and she called in. Go inform the club.”

“Why don’t you do it?”

“I’ve got another works with the records.”

He’s obviously lying. The [censored] Sung Jong is the one responsible for that, not him. Just because we once trusted him and made him the leader doesn’t mean he has the power now. He’s no longer the hyung we once…

“What?”

“Look you [censored], just because…”

RING~

“That cardigan is so chic! Where did you- Kya!!! Sung Gyu and Dong Woo sunbaenims!”

“I love you!”

“So cool~”

Aish. I suddenly dislike that bell so much. It didn’t even let me finish my line.

“Well, you’d better get that done now, “brother”. It’s already break time.”

This [censored]…

“Sure “brother”. I’m on it.” I put my normal face on, trying not to show my annoyance.

Sung Gyu’s POV

The students around me only think about how cool our interaction was. Nobody would ever find out the truth behind it.

Gradually students go to other places, most likely their clubs or the cafeteria, emptying the hallway. I just politely bid them goodbye.

Well, I should go to the cafeteria as well. I can’t stay hungry and work all day. I heard there’s some British food today. I think I might get…

“Jang Mi-ssi?”

“Oh hello Sung Gyu sunbaenim. Nice to see you again.”

Stay calm Lee Sung Gyu. Stay calm. Stay-

“Well, I’m heading towards the garden now. Goodbye.”

OMG, her smile is so cute!

“Well then, uhm… goodbye.”

Your POV

What’s wrong with Sung Gyu? He seems so nervous talking to me. Did something happen? We just talked like… three hours ago.

Anyway, I’m really please right now. Dong Woo’s acts clearly showed he hasn’t changed, at all. Looks like the only things that have change are his image and his attitude towards his brothers. Well, that doesn’t matter anyway. I can and I will fix that!