02

Into their lives, again

Your POV

I finally know their name. The oldest one with squishy cheeks and small eyes is Sung Gyu. The hyper maknae (the youngest in Hangeul?) is Sung Jong. The quiet, seemingly cold one is Myung Soo. The other quiet boy is Ho Won. The childish and smooth-talking one (I honestly don’t understand how a five-year-old kid talk so well) is Woo Hyun. Last but not least are Dong Woo and Sung Yeol, two extremely hyper and cheerful children. I know I’m good with names. I really want to give out a satisfied smile right now.

“Hyung, we can tell her anything and she’ll listen them all?”

“She won’t ignore or interrupt us like ummas?”

“Yes Sung Jong and Woo Hyun-ah. Appa said so himself.”

“Ah. Can we try?”

Try what?

“…Sure.”

Someone tell me they can try what? And how did he know what they’re talking about? Do they have telepathy?

“Noona, you’re so pretty. You’re prettier than that noona on television.”

“Of course Sung Yeol. Our noona must be the prettiest.”

“Hyung. Noona’s so pretty. Do you think one day she’ll appear on television like us when we grow up?”

“Soo, you finally talk? Anyway, yeah, I’m sure she’ll be on television just like us.”

“Oh I know. Hyungs, Soo and Sungjong, we’ll be a band and noona… she’ll be a super model! We all will be famous!”

“Yeah!” The rest agree with him. Aww… So those boys want to be a band when they grow up. That’s kyeopta!

“Noona… Do you agree with us?”

… Okay. He’s cute. But how can I answer him? Oh… oh no… his eyes are reddening. Gosh, he’s sniffing. What- What now?

“Hyung… is she… mad with us? Why doesn’t she answer?”

“Noona’s mad? Oh no, what did we do? Did we do anything wrong?”

Ok. Before, I didn’t know what to do. Now I’m OFFICIALLY PANICKING! The little boys are crying! Even that quiet Myung Soo’s eyes are red.

“No. Don’t cry! Look guys. Noona’s not mad.”

“She’s… she’s not?”

Thanks god. Sung Gyu is still the calm one. They’ve stopped crying. Wow. Sung Gyu does have good leading skill.

“Don’t you remember? Appa said noona can’t talk. But she knows what we’re talking about.”

“Oh… that’s right.”

“But hyung, how can we know if she agreed with us?”

“I’m sure she likes your idea Woo Hyun. Can’t you feel the happiness when you’re near her? Ha Neul umma said we can know what people are feeling basing on what we feel from them.”

They can? Wow, I never know people can do that.

“Hyung’s right. I do feel the happy air from her.”

“And warm, calming one too!”

“We love you noona.”

Aww… They’re just too cute. They even try to hug me now.

---------

Author’s POV

You’ve lived with the boys for four years already. The relationship between you and them gets stronger and stronger each day, at least for them. You’re one part that they can never be without. They don’t know this, but slowly, each of them has formed a crush on you. Sounds strange huh? But let’s face it, when have your life ever been normal?

You, on the other hand, still are a bit… oblivious. You still don’t understand the meaning of family and still can’t learn to love your family. The furthest point you can go is respecting your appa and Ha Neul umma; or liking your brothers. Speaking of that, your appa and Ha Neul umma love you a lot. They care for you every little bit. They even take care of you better than their boys.

Appa’s three other wives, however, is a completely different story. They’re still mean, selfish and greedy. Unfortunately, they stay home all the time since they have no work, while appa and Ha Neul umma have to go on business trips too often.

The naïve boys still don’t know their mothers’ true characters, or their innocence and good nature make them ignore that. Whenever they tell their ummas their dreams, their ummas always say such harsh words and tell them stop having those stupid dreams. Honestly, their dreams are all very nice. The only problem is that their dreams don’t have anything relating to inheriting their appa’s business. What worse is that the women teach them to hate and compete with each others. That’s just too much. Well, luckily, they aren’t affected by those words.

Mi Yeon’s POV

I know I should get used to it by now but... how can that ugly doll steal everything of mine!?

First it stole my husband and my sons’ affection. That’s ok. Then it took the workers’ attention. That’s still fine.

But that thing took away the rare diamond collection that was supposes to be mine, just because today’s “her birthday”? That’s it. Not to mention, it takes all of Sung Gyu, Ho Won, Myung Soo's time. They could've spent more on useful things like language or high-level math classes, rather than on playing with that piece of junk.

Hm… Am I exaggerating things? No, no I’m not. I have the rights to hate her for that. I’m always right anyway. Besides, it is always standing in my way, ruining all of my genius plans.

Well, I shouldn’t be stressed anymore. It’ll decrease my beauty. Tonight, all of my problem will be solved.

“Lady Mi Yeon?”

Perfect~

----------

Author’s POV

The new worker nervously walks in your room. He’s always been crept out by your look. Every time he cleans your room, he feels like you’re really watching him (well, you actually do but…). Besides, he doesn’t even dare to think about what Mr. Woo will do to him if he finds out.

Taking a deep breath, he slowly walks to your bed and…

----------

“DISAPPEARED!???”

Mi Yeon flinches at her husband voice on the other line. She’s scared of his possible anger towards her. He loves you too much anyway, as if you were his precious daughter. And like any other father, he will be in rage when his daughter just mysteriously disappears overnight.

Ha Neul, who came home as soon as she heard the news, can see Mi Yeon’s fear through her pale face and politely asks her to hand over the phone. She’s his most beloved wife after all; maybe she can calm him down.

As expected, your appa soon changes from being angry to anxiously order his servants to look throughout the house, the city if necessary to find you.

Everyone quickly return to their work and the wives goes back to their rooms.

Now, nobody else but Ha Neul is in the living room. She picks up the phone and dials your appa’s number.

“Honey… Yeah, it’s happening just like what we expected… No, nobody know… I know you’re worried about the boys but you know, this part of their lives is fixed… Don’t worry, it’ll happen soon.”

---------

On the other hand, Mi Yeon is contented. Her minion did a good job, like what she ordered him to do: “Take that piece of trash away, far from this house.”

Little does she know…

***Flashback***

Taking a deep breath, he slowly walks to your bed and saw a familiar woman standing there.

“Miss Shin?”

The woman started. Have the people found out? She slowly turns around and surprises to find the chauffeur. As she’s about to ask him, someone opens the door. Quickly, she hides along with the chauffeur.

They are both afraid and curious who’s walking in. But as soon as they see who it is, they shout out loud before they can cover their our mouths.

“Mr. Jung?”

Yes, Mr. Jung, the respected chauffeur of the house. What is he doing here?

The man quickly signals them to be quiet and slowly close the door. He also tells them to turn on the lights on calmly sit down to have a small talk. Confused but they obey him. They stiffen when he sits down also.

“I believe Lady Ga Eun and Lady Mi Jin asked you the same thing Lady Mi Yeon asked me: taking the doll and throw it away, isn’t it?”

The man can already see through their facial expression. He’s an experienced man after all. He even knows what the ladies are planning. He then goes on talking.

“Before you two come here, I’ve gone here. But I didn’t see the doll.”

“You didn’t?”

They quickly turn their head and horrified to see it’s true, nothing is on the bed.

“Yes, I didn’t. Probably some petty thief came in and stole her. You know that doll costs a fortune and our security system is… well, it could have been better. There’s no way we can finish the task without the doll and the ladies probably won’t be satisfied with the result. So how about this? All of us pretend to have done the asked task. The ladies will know absolutely nothing.”

He’s really a wise man. He surely knows what to do.

“Well, I don’t know about you Miss Shin but I agree with him. I have lots to do anyway.” The man quickly says. He’s never been a wise man but he can tell the butler’s plan is very good.

“You’re right. I also have to do some baking. Oh, how about some biscuits?” The woman offers.

The two men nod their heads. Some food will be nice.

The three clueless ladies are contently sitting in their rooms. All are planning what to say with their sons. And obviously, they can’t be sweet words.

But wait… If none of those three people took you, then who did?