Talk the talk

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Noona, do you want to hang out today? We don’t have practice today.”

“Uh, sorry, noona is busy with something else today. Uhm… How about you guys check out that place I showed you a while ago. You haven’t had time for it right? Just go. I’m sure you guys will like it.”

“But it’s no fun without noona~”

“Sorry Sungjong, maybe next time.” I gently pat his head.

Yeah, the truth is I’m out with Zico ssi. Don’t get your hope up, we’re not going out, yet. And I’m not going out with him alone. I’m going with the whole group, Block B. They said they want to give something to Baejin. Of course, Misun is still uncomfortable with strangers and she’s busy with f(x). The only other choice is me, who know what Baejin likes.

“I’m sorry. Am I lat- Nobody’s here yet.” Yeah, I probably should’ve expected this. People like them isn’t very good with punctuality. And here I thought I was late.

“Oh, you’re here early.” Jerks. “Well, let’s go in. Let’s get this over this.” Good thing for you you’re doing this for my bae. And one of you is my target. I mean, you’re buying something for a girl you like! Can’t you-

“Are you sure Baejin likes all this… stuff?” Kyung ssi asks uncomfortably. I guess they don’t like things like this. “Why can’t we just buy something more practical for her? Like a helmet.”

“No, Baejin sure likes these best. She likes a more… fairytales themed gifts. Like this, this dream catcher light is perfect for her, I haven’t seen one of these in her room yet. Or that, that vintage, fairy tale cuckoo clock is pretty too. But a bit too pricy… How much do you have?”

“Don’t worry about the money. Just pick something she might like and we’ll pay for it.”

“You’re not the ones choosing?”

“No. Why? We asked you so can pick one.”

“Wow. How do you expect her to actually date you guys?” I mutter, but I think they hear it. Well, might as well continue. Although I’m trying to “seduce” their leader, I can’t let the rest be bad boyfriends to Baejin. “Oh, don’t you even deny it. It’s so obvious. I’m really sure you should put more effort into courting her.” I know, she likes you guys anyway but…

“Yeah right, like she’ll like us back.” Jaehyo ssi says, and the rest agree. So they do aware they’re terrible boyfriend materials. “She likes “princes” anyway.” True. Baejin has always been a dreamer. I was shocked to see she does have feelings for boys like them. Totally not what Misun and I predicted.

“Yah, don’t be so pessimistic! She might not like our image, but there’s always a chance for all of us!”

…Hm~ Should I do it? I just thought of a plan, that works for my “seducing” scheme. But… it is rather mean.

“Hey, listen, I think I can help you guys.”

“Really? How?”

“How about we make her jealous?”

----------

“Honey~ have some of this.” Taeil ssi feeds me. No, it’s not cute, it’s cheesy. For the past week, Block B guys and I have been acting like this in front of Baejin. I told them most girls are actually very possessive. And if she saw we’re together, she would be jealous and be more assertive. So yeah, basically that was what I told them. But…

The truth is I know this girl too well. She would be too soft, and too insecure to “compete” with me. Besides, if she thinks they are in love with me, she will just give up. That’s why we are friends. Misun, her and I make up for each other. But yeah, the real motive of acting as their girlfriend is that it benefits me. But, I’ve got to say, this whole “set-up” is miserable for me. I’m not sure if it’s because we’re acting, or how we’re acting is totally not the ideal dating things I want. Probably both.

“Uhm… Well, I’m finished, and I… I should go now. I have this thing… and… bye~” She quickly walks away when P.O. and I get in too close. Not on purpose actually. He just wants to whisper to me something, but the angle makes it seem different. Yeah, right, me and PDA.

“Uhm… She looks uncomfortable.”

“Yeah, that’s how the plan works.”

“Hey Jan- Rose, can we talk a bit? Privately?”

“Yes! I mean, sure, of course.” I try to hide my excitement for getting out of the “setup”. It’s so stuffy.

By the way, they call me Rose now. After that reveal, I don’t really have any reason to hide actually. I told everyone I dyed my hair and wear contacts, of course they believe it. Appa also got me my old name back, or more accurate, a new ID as Rose Charles.

“This place is isolated enough. What is it Misun?”

“About Block B and Baejin… Are you sure you want to do this Rose?” Oh.

“I’m sure your girlfriends have told about my little “secret”. And they must have told you about the target, Zico. You know perfectly well why I do this.”

“But… You know they’re in love Rose! You know what you’re doing is wrong! You’re stealing your best friend’s partners. And you don’t even love them! Don’t you remember what you said, “the sister code”? That code where you don’t compete for love, for anyone ever?”

“…Screw that code! Screw everything!” I shout. These days the stress of keeping an act all the time makes me agitated. And the rumor that I’m a [censored] certainly doesn’t help. “They’re not even officially dating! Besides, is it too much that I want to be a fully human? To actually have a heart, to have heartbeat?! Do you know how much I have to suffer every health examination? I feel like a freak! Even how the “special” doctor looked at me differently. Do you have any idea how miserable it is to occasionally freeze up in bed because you don’t have normal joints? Well I do. And afterwards the pain from actually moving the joints is like hell! Why!? Is it all too much? I just want to be a normal girl, with a normal body. I don’t want to live like this. All those years I wait, and wait, just for this chance. Sure, this is wrong, this is cruel of me. But do you think what I have to suffer isn’t wrong, isn’t cruel?”

“Hey, I’m sorry. It’s just… I’m under quite some stress lately. But, what I said is all true. I know you care about me, about Baejin. I care for her too. But… sometimes I have to put me before anyone else. It’s selfish, but I have to. Can you understand for me Misun? I don’t want any tension between us. Many people have turned against me, they think I’m stealing my friend’s boyfriends. I don’t want you to have that opinion of me too.”

“I know. I understand. I guess I wasn’t really thinking about your feelings. I never knew you had to go through so much. But, can I have just one request? For Baejin, can you… can you not acting like that in front of her? You know she would automatically avoid you. Don’t have to do that to break her heart more.”

“Sure.” Baejin and Block B have already broken apart. I only need to focus on courting him, or just in case, the whole group. I also feel like there’s no need emphasizing our “fake” relationship to her anymore. “Let’s… Let’s go back. Break time is almost over.”

Is it just me, or I did see someone over there? And it seems like a male too!

I have to be careful. His clothes seemed normal, casual, which of course meant he wasn’t in Block B. However,  I still have to watch for anyone who might tell my “secret”, and what I was doing to Block B. The guy had better not.

Baejin’s POV

Stupid. Stupid Block B. Stupid Rose.

Stupid me.

How do I compete with her? She looks even prettier with her new hair and new eye color. She looks like a princess! There’s no chance I can even match her. Besides, what’s the point? They’re completely smitten. Why bother?

I let out a sigh. I should’ve known they’d go for someone beautiful… Stupid. And I told them I needed them. It’s so embarrassing~

I need a drink… No, not THAT drink. I just need something to drink, like some hot milk. Or some soda.

I hope the cafeteria is still open. I’m sure Rose has gone to class already. She always goes to class 10 minutes before breaks end. I can’t face her yet, or Block B.

“Uhm… Byun Baejin right?”

“Huh? Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim.” I bow politely. “Yes. Is there something sunbaenim?”

“…Well, I was wondering if you want to hang out with me after school?” He asks with a charming smile, making me blush so hard I feel my cheeks burning. Oh wow, this is, this is so unexpected.

Haneul’s POV

“Madam, madam! The other madams are making a fuss at the living room!” A maid told me. What? What now?

“Eonnideul, what’s wrong?”

“WHAT IS THIS!?” Something is thrown right in front of me. I pick it up. Oh, it’s his will. How did they get it? Oh, his lawyer is supposed to give him back this after having the court certified it. Maybe that’s how they got a hand on this. I don’t need to read it to know why they’re fuming mad. He had discussed this with me before.

He’s leaving Woollim and many of his property to Rose. We agreed that she would make a wonderful president of the company. She has the passion, the gifts for it. And her father was the one who made Woollim successful in the first place. She’s just getting what she deserves, and it’s also what Woollim needs.

“So it’s all done huh? It’s faster than I thought.” I mutter, but I guess nothing escapes eonnideul’s ears.

SLAP!!!

“Eonni…”

“Than you though? Than YOU thought? So you knew this!? No, you must have talked our husband into this. You vixen. You know you have no children, so you made him leaving nothing to OUR children?”

“No, I didn’t make him eonni. We both felt that-”

“Felt what? Don’t listen to her eonni. She can’t be trusted. She must have seduced him, blinded him into this. No, she and that vixen Jangmi must have. Her alone is not enough. No, that brat must have “traded” with him. They must have worked together.” What she said makes my blood boil. Ok, you can say whatever about me. Not about Rose!

“Shut up eonnideul! You know nothing!”

They gasp. “How dare you-”

“What happened here?” A stern voice. Jeongyeop honey.

“We… We…”

“What I decided has nothing to do with anyone. I just think it’s the best for all of us. Don’t drag anyone, don’t blame anyone for this. Now you may go back to you rooms.”

“But-”

“You MAY go back to your rooms.”

“…We understand.”

As I see their stilettoes disappear, I sigh in relief.

“Thanks honey. I almost lost it there.”

“Don’t worry. It’s fine. I won’t let them do anything, say anything to you and to her.”

“But I’m still worried.” I confess. “Knowing them, they will find a way to.”

“And we’ll be prepared.” He reassures me. After all those years, he still understands me. The mere thought makes me smile.


Be strong author. You have to finish this. Just a few more...