10

Into their lives, again

Sung Gyu’s POV

“Naran saram cham himdeuljyo…”

 

 

I turn my phone off. I never actually need its waking up alarm, but I set the time anyway. Maybe I just like the song “Separation Anxiety” by Nell, or that band in general. I want to start my day with the band I look up to.

I do my daily morning routine. I then walk down the stairs and to the dining room. Only Ha Nuel umma is there. Well, I’m always an early bird unlike those brats.

---------

It’s fortunate that the hallway is rather empty today. This place is usually packed with students. I pass many students, ignoring the admiring looks from students. One student, however, catch my eyes. It’s the one from Seoul branch. Somehow she gives me this familiar, warm and calming atmosphere. She makes me feel like, like her.

No, impossible. She’s not her. She’ll never be her. Nobody can.

“Yes unnie… of course… I’m very confident about this.”

She shuts her phone and signs. She then turns around and look shocked to she me?

“Oh, hello Sung Gyu sunbaenim.”

Your POV

“Yes unnie… of course… I’m very confident about this.”

I close my phone and sign. What makes them think this plan won’t work? I turn around and… Sung Gyu! Well, I guess I don’t have to find him then.

“Oh, hello Sung Gyu sunbaenim.”

“Hello Jang Mi-ssi.” He politely greets me back and is about to work away. I quickly grab his hand. He seems to be frozen for a second then quickly pulls it back.

“Oh… Sorry sunbaenim. It’s just… I need your help with something. Well, the…” Come on Rose, you can do this. You spent last night practicing! “Well, I went to the music club yesterday and, apparently, the sound system there is mess up and they need someone to fix it. But today they are having a performance in front of the teachers from Julliard. They did tell me to ask for your help.”

“Oh, I see. Well, we should go the mechanic club. Maybe they’ll know what to do”

Author’s POV

The two arrive at the mechanic club’s room but there’s a close sign.

“Strange. The mechanic club always works. Come to think of it, it’s strange how the sound system is broken. Our school just bought it two weeks ago.” Sung Gyu says thoughtfully.

You smile nervously. Of course he can’t know it’s a back of your plan.

***Flashback***

It’s two in the morning and there’s nobody in school except the sleepy guards. Three shadows sneak in school, quietly go to the school’s stage. The three all wear black, ninja-like costumes.

They finally reach their destination and with some magic (literally), the door open.

Tae unnie, which ones are of the sound system?”

“The one inside a big, dark box writes “Sound System” Sica-ah.” Tae Yeon rolls her eyes.

“Ah…” Jessica then opens the box and sees many wires in there. “So, which wire should I unplug? Well, I like the color green.”

“Hey! It should be the red one. It’s always the red wire.” Tae Yeon argues.

And so a big quarrel on which wire they should unplug begins. The other person, on the other hand, quietly walks to the wires and pulls out all of them, and randomly plugs the wires. Hyo Yeon then turns to Tae Yeon and Jessica. She calmly tells them.

“Problem’s solved unnies. Now let’s go.”

Arriving at the mechanic club’s room, Tae Yeon pulls out a big "Close" sign from her pocket and stick it on the door.

“Are you sure this will work unnie?”

“Of course. The club member will believe the sign was written by a club member. People believe what they read, especially if the font’s eye-catching like this.”

Sung Gyu’s POV

Weird. Why do I feel so weird when she touched me? It feels like butterflies are in my stomach. I haven’t feel like this for a long time.

“Sunbaenim, since I do have some mechanic knowledge, I think I should try to fix the sound system. Sounds fine sunbaenim?”

“Eh… Oh, sure! Well, it’s the only option anyway as I’m terrible at fixing things.”

Your POV

Well, the unnies did a good job messing with the sound system. I have NO idea how to fix this thing. Let see. Green to green, red to red, dark blue to dark blue…

Ah~ Finally. Wow~ I’m gifted in things like this.

Ok, everything’s good. Now onto the next step. I suddenly want to have an evil laugh.

Sung Gyu’s POV

“Sunbaenim. I think I’ve done fixing the sound system.”

That’s fast.

“Sunbaenim. Since you’re there, can you help me testing the sound system?”

“Ah… sure.”

I walk onto the stage and hold the micro tight. This feeling is so great. If this is what being on stage feels like, I really want to have it again and again…

 “Sunbaenim, it’ll be better if you sing a song.”

What! Sing a song.

“But Jang Mi-ssi, I… I… don’t know any song.”

“That’s ok. I heard this club’s members just wrote a new song call “She’s back” apparently. The music sheet is… oh yeah, on the piano sunbaenim.”

I nervously walk to the piano and there it is, the music sheet.

It’s actually a group song I think.

“Eh… Jang Mi-ssi. I can’t sing well so… I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to…”

“Don’t worry sunbaenim. Just a short verse is okay.” She then smiles at me.

Somehow, her words and her smile encourage me a lot. Well, there’s no harm trying. There’s nobody here but us two anyway.

Author’s POV

The young man starts singing. His voice is very powerful, yet it’s so smooth. Although he has stopped singing for a long time, his voice is still as good as what you once heard, or even much better.

 

 

Now on stage, Sung Gyu uses all of his emotion and talent to sing the song. You smile happily at this. Sung Gyu has finally finds his passion back. He unconsciously sings the whole song. You can feel how much he loves this. Even when he has finished the song, he still stands on stage, hold onto the microphone with a sincere smile on his face.

“Wow. Sunbaenim, you sing so well.”

Sung Gyu is taken back by your applause. He has forgotten his vow to stop singing and focus on what’s really important, according to what he’s been told.

You are surprise. Just a few minutes ago, he smiles contently. Now, his face suddenly hardens. He turns seriously aga-, no, he’s now look even colder than before.

“Miss Kim. This is merely a test run on the sound system. Please forget everything I’ve done. And I’ll appreciate it if you don’t tell anyone about this.”

“Ah… I- I understand.”

“Very well, I must go then. I have much more important tasks to run.”

“Ok Sunbaenim. Good- Ah!”

Your POV

Aish. Stupid wire, making me trip like this.

“Are you okay Jang Mi-ssi?”

“Ah… Yes, I’m fine. It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure? The clinic is close, I can take you there.”

“No, I’m really fine. Don’t worry.”

---------

I was right. He hasn’t really changed. His love for singing and his caring nature is still there. Don’t worry Sung Ggyu, your noona will definitely help you. Mwuahahaha…

“Jang Mi, what’s the evil laugh for?”

“Nothing Fei unnie. Uhm… Hello, I’m Kim Jang Mi.” I greet a girl standing next to her. Somehow, she gives me a vibe like one from Hye Lin, only more cheerful only more childish.

This is awkward. She just stands there looking at me. What should I do?

“Yah, introduce yourself.” Fei unnie nudges her.

“Hello what-ever-your-name-is. I’m Zhang Yi Han.”

Wow, she’s exactly like Hye Lin, a spoiled brat type. Well, at least she doesn’t seem as bad as Hye Lin.

“Uh yeah… She’s… she’s not a very social girl. She’s actually Ash unnie’s cousin.”

“Oh really? That’s… unexpected.”

Strange… Somehow, almost every bi- mean bad girl I know is related to someone very nice. Well, it’s life. “Or, unnie, do you see Niel oppa. He’s keeping Lee Hyori seonsaengnim’s music sheets and she wants them.”

“Niel? I think he’s with Teen Top with an exchange student from Japan. I last saw them at the cafeteria. Hey, how about I tell them for you. We’re seeing this evening.”

“Oh really? Thanks unnie. Uhm… Yi Han-ssi. Nice to meet you. I’ve… gotta go. Goodbye.”

“Bye Jang Mi.” Fei unnie says and I walk away quickly. Of course I like her but I can’t stand being a brat so…

Dong Woo? Oh good, I don’t have to find him now. I hope everything will happen exactly like what I planned.

“Dong Woo-ssi?”

“Yes, may I help you?”