12

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“So… You’re from Tokyo branch?”

Kaoru shyly nods. Aw~ She’s like a mixture of Bae Jin and Mi Sun, the introvert cutie pie.

“But… How come you know Teen Top unnies?” I ask 4Minute unnies. Earlier, I went to the garden to have lunch with 4Minute unnies (somehow we all had prepared the food). We bumped into Teen Top oppas and their assigned exchanged student, Majiko Kaoru. Well, we all are friendly types so we quickly became friend (it’s amazing how I make new friends so quickly). Oh yeah, Kaoru is actually older than me (they all are -_-).

“We are… colleagues. Yeah, we have part-time jobs at the same place.”

Oh, so that’s why…

“But how do you know Kaoru too? She’s from Tokyo.”

“She’s… our company’s new employee.”

“Oh~ What a coincidence. It’s like… someone had arranged this.”

“Right…”

… Awkward silence. Ok, this is strange but, am I really hearing cricket sound? I thought this stuff is only in cartoons?

---------

“Are you sure Woo Hyun-ssi stays after school Hyo Young? I thought INFINITE isn’t in any after school activities?”

“Actually they do. The student council has to stay late at school. Something likes… meetings. I heard they do it pretty much everyday.”

“Why are you interested in him? Got a crush~” Hye Won teasingly asks me. Oh yeah, she’s in a group called Coed School with Hyo Young. Seriously, how many people are there in this group? Probably eighteen… Well, the good thing is that I finally make friends with someone younger than me in this school.

“No, I don’t.” I say with a calm face. Seriously, he’s my little brother. I will never love him… that way…

“Really? But he’s super cute!”

Of course he’s cute. He’s MY dongsaeng.

“He is bu- Oh Woo Hyun-ssi! Sorry guys. G2G.”

Author’s POV

“Woo Hyun-ssi!”

Woo Hyun stops walking when he heard someone shouting his name. When he finds out it was you, somehow he feels happy when you called him, at least you remembered his name among a seven-member group. Even when he first met you yesterday, he already had a strange but pleasant feeling towards you: calming and familiar, kinda reminds him of someone.

“Yes, Ja…” He curses himself for his forgetfulness. While you remember his name, all he can remember is your last name Kim and a word starting with Ja. “Sorry but I just can’t remember your name.” He sheepishly smiles.

“Oh, it’s Kim Jang Mi. And it’s ok, you only knew me for a day.” You happily smile at him, unknowingly, makes his heart beat fast. Even his noona didn’t can do this to him (or is it because she never smiled?).

“Anyway… Woo Hyun-ssi, sorry to bother you but one of my friends, who is in the cooking club, asks me to invite you to the club’s activity today.”

“Oh, really? Please continue. It’s a part of the council’s duties, to help students.”

“Well… They are having a cooking exam, to… I think it’s for the members to increase you level in the club.”

“Oh, ok. But still, I wonder why they do this so early. It’s just two weeks after the school starts but they already hold the exam. I thought they would do it in the mid-term or something.”

---------

Your POV

“Oh hello. Thanks god that you’re here to help us Woohyun-ssi.” Go Min Jae, the leader of the cooking club greet us. The truth is, she’s a friend of Na Young unnie. From a mission I guess. It’s good that unnie asked her for this last night.

“Oh no, it’s an honor for me. So, this year you do this exam early.”

“Ah… It’s because…” Oh no. Oh no. Uhm… I should do something. Right, I’m behind Woohyun. “Ah. We have an… over love foot story…”

“Huh?”

Wait what? I didn’t… Oh, she must have misread my mouth.

“Uh… Oh I’m sorry. I’m kinda… tired. What I meant was an overload… food… storage. Yeah, an overload food storage. So we have the exam today, just a mock exam actually, it just gives members bonuses really.”

I sigh in relief. So this is why Yu Ri unnie advice me a mouthing lesson. It seemed useless at that time but I can see the necessary of it now...

Nah… Still useless.

“Oh, I see.”

“Well, I really appreciate your help. I mean, the exam is so sudden that we didn’t prepare much. Even the club is quite confused with this. So, I can’t call the regular judges, afraid that they’re busy with their works. So I ask you to be the judge today in stead, along with me and our club’s vice leader.”

“Oh? But… Min Jae-ssi, I don’t really have experience with cooking. I’m not the suitable one for this position. Maybe you…”

“No, you’re perfect for the job.” Min Jae says, while moving closer to Woo Hyun. Hm… I don’t like this. Why is she so close to my Woo Hyun? “Since you’re not an insider of the cooking job, you might give us a more objective view. And there’s something telling me you’re actually gifted in cooking.”

“Oh, I guest I’ll try my best.”

---------

Author’s POV

“So… How did it go?” Tae Yeon unnie asks you, while hugging Nayoung. She now looks much better. At least her face is not so pale anymore.

“It’s perfect umma. Everything’s right on my plan. Sung Gyu, Dong Woo and Woo Hyun are all the same, from their cute, handsome face to their sparkling eyes whenever they do what they actually like. And their warm, gentle, nice gestures. Also their husky voice… Kyeopta!!! EEEEEEE!”

“Hey, what’s with the squeak?”

“Fangirling over her dongsaengs. Just let her be Fany-ah. So, have you and Hyo done with the shopping?”

“Yes, we have. She’s putting some milk in the fridge.”

“Hey guys… What is she doing?” Hyoyeon walks in.

“Fangirling.” All Tae Yeon, Tiffany and Na Young answer.

“Oh, explains why the room sounds like a MNet stage.” Hyo Yeon says. She then slaps you gently a couple of times to snaps you out of the fangirling mode.

“Oh… Sorry unnie.”

“Hey, how Min Jae’s holding up? Haven’t seen her for a while.”

“She’s fine unnie. Her boyfriends, 2AM, seem to take really good care of her.”

“Oh… I hope when I’m not sick anymore and can attend class, I can see her. If I got lucky, maybe she’ll be my classmate.”

Suddenly, someone walks in, hand holding some snacks in her hand.

“Fany unnie, Hyo unnie, how many times have I told you? You shouldn’t buy these, they’re not good for your health. Especially when we have three big eaters in here? Oh Dollie. Why don’t you go change out of your clothes into something more comfortable? And how’s thing?”

“Swell unnie. Their inner personalities are exactly like many years ago.”

“That’s nice. But more important, did you get along with them well?”

“I did unnie. Well, they seem to be fond of me I guess. I’m not entirely sure though. I just guess this from their actions.”

---------

Woo Hyun’s POV

“You smile a lot master Woo Hyun. Something good happen?”

“Yes, something did ahjussi.”

Finally, someone who can make my heart beat faster than normal. From the novels I’ve read, this is the first sign, showing I’ve met the one for me. Maybe, that Jangmi girl is really the “true love” in these stories. The way she smiles is so beautiful. Though I know I’m happy with tasting food, reminding me of my once cooking passion, I know the real reason why I smile so much is because of her and her humor.

Of course I won’t go all over her like those big flirts in school. No, that’s not my style. I need more time with her to really know if this is true.

Noona… What about noona? I promised myself to only have noona in my heart…

But she does look quite like noona, except her hair and her eyes. Also, she makes me feel the same thing when I’m with noona. Maybe… Maybe noona sent Jang Mi to in place of her. Oh Lee Woo Hyun, you’re being silly.

“You’re happy with staying late at school. A bit strange I must say.” Sung Gyu says to me. In response, I just walk away quickly even take a glance at that [censored]. That must burn.

“Yah brat, answer me!” He pulls my hand back, making me face him. I’ve gotta admit, his eyes still scare me a lot. But as usual, I try not to show it.

“It’s. Not. Your. Business.” I grit my teeth, answering him.

“Well, I don’t really care anyway. You’re probably busy [censored] with a girl anyway, you man [censored].”

I clench my hands. Who does he think he is to talk about me like that? But since we’re at home, I cannot give him a hard punch. I don’t want anyone to see that. I can only give him a hatred glare.

I know he can see my anger. That’s why he smirks and walks away, laughing. From one window, I can also see Sung Jong, looking at us with a poker face. Not a surprise anyway.