This can change things

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“…This is P.O.”

“Nice to meet you, I mean, know you.”

I know if I weren’t Baejin’s friend, they wouldn’t bother return the handshake.

“So, how did you meet my bae?” I say, as I pinch her chubby cheeks.

“When…” I think he’s exchange eye cues with her. “When we were on that trip.”

Oh, the “trip”. A while ago, Baejin went missing. We were having panic attacks when she finally told me and Mi Sun that she was on a “trip”. By this, I can clearly tell there’s something more. But I don’t ask. They don’t look like they want to tell. Poor Baejin probably can’t handle the pressure of lying. And besides, I have my own issues too. In this world, don’t bother with others’ secret, even close friends or family.

Do I have trust issue? Or is this really a rule of this world?

“So, are you going to ETS University?”

“Yes. I’m waiting for the reply from them.”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure they will like you. You’re extremely talented.”

“Thank you. I’m sure they’ll do.”

And then it gets awkward. This never happened before. Bae Jin was always cheerful, chatty and had tons of stories to tell. Clearly she didn’t expect me to run into her “friends”.

Speaking of them… Block B? And way, I have decided to get to know them first. First, to know exactly my “destined partner(s)”. Second, know exactly what is their relationship with Bae Jin. Third… Find a way to break her with my “destined partner(s)” if there is something between them.

I know, I’m coldhearted. But if you’re put into my position, this is what you will have to do. Being a human is my lifelong dream. Sure, I may seem like I’m doing fine, but I’m not. By being a permanent human, I can finally put my past behind me.

…Finally snap back to reality, I see how awkward things still are. Nobody actually say a thing.

“Here’s your drinks.”

“Thanks. Uh… Jangmi-ah, this is Zico.”

“Ah, hi.” Yeah, earlier she asked him to buy us drinks, so we didn’t have the chance to introduce to one another. He looks tough… not really. Something is rather… soft in him?

I think I should go… No, at least I should actually find out if there’s particular anyone in here that is “destined” to me. I need a clear goal.

“Uhm… Jangmi-ah.”

“Huh?”

“I think someone called you or text you. Your phone is glowing.”

“Ah, thanks… sorry, I’ve got to take this.”

Excuse myself from the table, I go to the bathroom.

It’s actually not my phone. My phone is currently in my bag, not my pocket. Female clothes’ pockets are very useless. It’s too small, too narrow. The only thing I actually put in that is my necklace, which I put in in a hurry. So in fact, the thing that is “glowing” is my necklace. I hide it there so people wouldn’t notice a “magical glowing necklace”.

I take it out. It’s not glowing, since I’m not near Block B.

However, I’d been sitting with them for some time before Baejin actually noticed its glow. Why?

This can only mean one thing. Zico is my “destined one”. I mean, he was about to sit down right next to me when it glow brighter, so that’s the only explanation right?

Well, I think I’m right. I guess I’ve found out my target. Zico.

Maybe I can find out more about him the next time though. It was stuffy back out there.

As I walk out, I see the table is actually getting very noisy. They are joking around, at least actually talking.

“So… are you and Zico dating?” I ask, as she gets out of Zico’s grasp.

“Uh… NO! I mean, no. We… we have nothing.”

“Oh. Well, anyway, I need to go. I still have to make a trip to a store. Our bridge is literally empty. Like, honestly, there is not even a single ice cube in there. So, bye~”

I walk out naturally, while my head is filled with thoughts. The way they look at each other. Bae is obviously infatuated with them, all of them. And Zico, as I saw before, is too with her. Not sure if they have actually made any move (which I highly doubt), but they sure have feelings for each other.

This is going to be hard. Especially as I have to do this to my bae. But… I mean, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time already. The passed months, I’d been caught up with the situation with INFINITE, so I temporary forgot about this.

Is this it? Is this how I become some third-wheel? I haven’t even considered in a relationship before?

No, Lionel Messi is right. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”

I won’t pass this chance. I’m sorry Bae, this is how it is going to be.

----------

Looking back, I wonder how I could mentally say that. Did I forget to count in just how to do it? I mean, I have zero, ZERO experience. And now I want to break two people apart and seduce one of them?

Well, I can break them apart. I feel like I’m becoming more and more manipulative these day. But, to seduce him? I can’t do y. And even if I do, I don’t think it’s really his type. Boys who look like him might seem like they like y ones, but they only really want to stick with someone more… uh, like Baejin.

It’s a fact I learned from the media, and from many relationships I’ve witnessed.

Maybe I should try that. Something more… cutesy, childlike. Or, I could play dumb and act… fragile?

…Wow, this is hard.

Suddenly I hear the constant ringing from our house’s doorbell. I pay no attention to it, as eonnideul should have got that by-

Oh, right~ They’ve gone to the salon.

“Ye- You? Why are you guys here?”

“We’ve moved here.”

“You’ve moved here?”

“No, not really. Only us, not our entire family.”

“Uh… Well, that… uh, come in.” I mean, I did expect they accept the offer of SM and move here. I just didn’t think they would go see me. After “that”, things were pretty uncomfortable among us.

Of course, nobody dares to say anything.

“You have nice house Jangmi.”

“Thanks Dongwoo.”

And then silence.

No, this is childish of me.

“Hey, how about I give you a tour around Seoul?” I ask cheerfully. As if they’ve got the hint, they also response back with such joy. It’s probably the best, putting “that” behind us.

“But wait, where are you staying? And your… I mean, does your family approve.”

“Abeoji and Haneul eomeoni are fine with it. Eomeoni was the one who bought us a house in Seoul.” They don’t mention the trio, so I guess, no, I’m sure they didn’t like the idea. But not to dwell on that.

“Really? You should take me there some time. I can’t wait to see where you’re staying.”

“Of course Jangmi-ah~ It’s also nearby, we can come visit you anytime~” Sungjong says happily. Of course, how unexpected, they bought a house near mine. Haneul eomma did buy it. She must have been the one told them my address.

“Anyway, how about that tour~?” Cheeky Sungyeol.

“Actually, I’ve got a better idea. How about you guys rest at home? You should be tired after just moved here, right?”

“How do you know we just arrived?”

I turn my head towards the sofa, where few dead bodies (not literally) are lying here and there, on and around it. Even the usually energetic Sungjong looks rather tired, his whole back is against the wall, the only thing keeps him standing.

“I’m sure they’ll appreciate a good nap on the beds, if you have them set in your house already. You two too. I’ve caught you yawn a couple of times already.”

Dongwoo’s POV

“So… no tour?”

“No tour Sungjong. Jangmi was right. We should have a good rest before anything else.”

“What a shame~”

“Shame what grandpa? You were the first one out.”

“Hey, I’m tired ok? Besides, I wasn’t the first one. Myungsoo was.”

We laugh at how defensive hyung was. This, this is exactly why we keep teasing him.

“But… hey, do you feel like we’ve forgot something?”

“Nah, we didn’t bring anything with us. What could we forgot?”

Your POV

I can’t believe they left Myungsoo on the sofa.

I can’t believe I agreed to let Yuri eonni and Suyeong eonni experience with my hair, my real hair.

“Why did you agree to this?” Seohyun eonni asks. Exactly.

Actually, I’m a curious person myself. I can sympathize with their curiosity, not with my hair specifically though. In fact, I’m not as annoyed as I sound. They actually do know how to cut their hair, so I’m sure they wouldn’t mess up that bad.

“And eonnideul, why are you doing this?”

“After years and years of asking, and begging, they finally accept us!”

“Huh?”

“The salon’s owner. He finally thought our skills were good enough. You’re looking at two new makeup artist trainees.”

“Really eonni, how about SM?”

“Relax, did you forget? The salon is a part of SM. Ajeossi wouldn’t mind. We still get paid.”

“Eonnideul… what are you doing to my hair exactly?”

“Doing one of the hardest thing to do, returning your blonde hair.”

“Huh? …WHAT!?”

Myungsoo’s POV

“Who is he?”

“I’m not sure Fany. He looks familiar though. Any idea Nana?”

“He’s Jangmi’s friend, Myungsoo I believe.”

I slowly wake up. Huh? Oh yeah, I’m at Jangmi’s house. Where’s INFINITE? Where’s Jangmi?

It’s noon already. How long have I been sleeping?

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo.” I bow politely to them. Must be Jangmi’s sisters. We’ve actually never met before.

“Uhm… Annyeonghaseyo… Uh, if you’re looking for Jangmi, she’s… busy. You would have to wait for a while,”

“DONE!”

“Oh maybe not. I’ll get her.”

“No need. I’ll see her myself.”

“Well then, she’s upstairs.”

As I walk upstairs, I take a good look at the hallway. It is filled with small, cute pictures of the household. Jangmi looked so cute as a child.

“Eonni! Why do I look like this?”

“We want you to have your original look.” Original look? “My instructor said we should learn how to coordinate with a more foreign look. It’s good.” Foreign.

“Besides, you suit this best. Don’t you look pretty?”

“I know eonni but…”

“Don’t worry Jangmi. We still have your contacts and your old wig. It’ll be fine. Now, let’s go show others our work.”

“Wait eonni! Myungsoo is still he- Myungsoo!?”

So shocked that I can hardly say anything. The only thing can leave my mouth is

“Noona?”


Hoya's name is actually Hodong.