16

Into their lives, again

Your POV

As usual, all of us have to quickly chomp down our food as soon as it’s put on the table. Not that we have too little food, especially after saving quite an amount since ETS has covered our accommodation (dorm’s) fee. We’re having a traditional Korean breakfast today: rice, soup with side dishes (of course kimchi is included). Of course, Tae Yeon and Hyo Yeon unnie make extremely delicious food.

It’s simply what you have to do when there are three shikshins in the house: Sooyoung, Yoona and Nayoung unnie, not to mention the rest all like food, A LOT. Meals at our place are always like a survival game, we have to fight hard to eat. Even when we’ve got the food, the others can sneakily take some from our bowls. Although I don’t eat a lot, I still have to be on my “fighter-mode” during meals if I don’t want to starve.

Maybe I should take up cooking lessons…

“By the way,” Jessica unnie starts talking.

“Unnie, you shouldn’t talk while you’re eating like that. The food may go into the wrong tube.” Seohyun unnie says. Normally, the oldest is the umma of a group right? However, Seohyun unnie is the actual umma. In a good way, she cares a lot about us. Even people not from SNSD say so. And in a bad way… she nags way too much.

“Fine.” Jessica unnie says, pouting a bit. She hastily chews and swallows. “Ok now?”

“Unnie, you should eat more slowly and chew more carefully, so-”

“Yeah, I get it. Anyway, Dollie-ah, are you sure with the plan? I mean, a boy and a girl alone in a room is not exactly the antonym of safe. You know, you don’t have to do this. Obviously, your brothers all are pretty much the same, like those clichéd stories stuff.”

“Don’t worry unnie… unnies.” I’m pretty sure all of them are worried about it. “I know my baby dongsaeng well. He wouldn’t ra- do… whatever you guys are thinking of.” Yeah, how can a sweetheart like him be a vulgar? “Also, this is not just about seeing if they’ve completely changed. It’s also a bit like my “sister-brother bonding time” with them”

All unnies seem a bit better after hearing my answer. I’m sure they trust me. Basically, I’m smart and mature enough to know what I’m doing and all of the possible outcomes.

---------

Author’s POV

“Well, I guess we’re stuck here until someone finds us.” Sungjong says, after trying to push the door open many times.

“Are you ok Sungjong ssi? You seem a little pale.” You ask worryingly. Even though he says he is ok, you can see through him. Then it clicks in your head. Sungjong has a phobia of being alone. He had a lot of troubles with it as a kid. INFINITE and Haneul umma always had to help him with it.

“Sungjong ssi, if you has any problems, remember I’m also here.” You say with a warm smile, which of course make him blush. You don’t know that right now, he doesn’t even remember the “stuck in a big storage room” part, but “being alone with you” part. In fact, he’s quite happy he got into this incident.

***Flashback (10 minutes ago)***

“Sungjong ssi, could you get the sewing kit from the clothes storage?” Son seonsaengnim  asks him. She currently needs it for her torn coat. However, she can’t get it herself since she still has class. Of course, he agrees.

He walks on the empty hallway, heading the clothes storage. Finally, he reaches it. When he goes in, he instantly finds some sewing kits in a wooden drawer with transparent glass window in front.

“There it is.” He happily exclaims and walks towards the door. However, he soon finds out a trouble: the door won’t open. He tries hard to open it, uses all of his strength to open the door. “Oh no!”

“Huh? What is it?” Someone suddenly says from behind. He turns around and sees you walk out from behind the fur coat racks. “Uh… Sungjong ssi?”

“Jangmi ssi?” He asks, surprised. “What are you doing here?” You explain that you were randomly walking around when you see the clothes storage. You were curious what it is and went in to explore. You didn’t notice that he walked in earlier. “Uh, bad news Jangmi ssi.”

“So, this is where they keep all the clothes made by the fashion club and materials for teaching?” You honestly ask. “Wow, these clothes are really great don’t you think? This studded belt looks fantastic, really… sparkling. Sungjong ssi, you do like any of those clothes? Sungjong ssi? Sungjong ssi!”

“Huh? Uh… Sorry. I was thinking about why I couldn’t open the door. I mean, it worked well earlier.”

***Flashback (5 minutes ago)***

As soon as Sungjong walks in, three girls appear.

Yoong, hand it over.” Tiffany says. Yoona hands her a thick white rope. She then “tightly” put it around the steel door handles.

“Fany-ah, please stop. Here, let me do it.” Nayoung can’t take it anymore. She takes the rope. She then securely ties the door with it and settles with a tight double knot. “There. I’m sure he can’t open the door. Yeobos, are you sure this rope will disappear after ten minutes?”

“Yeah, I’m definitely sure. BoA unnie said so herself. Don’t yeobo trust me?” Yoona says, sulking. Nayoung only giggles at her tactic but hugs her anyway. Tiffany feels jealous so she drags Yoona away, saying that it’s time to go home, leaving Nayoung chuckling at her two cute girlfriends.

“By the way, I heard Tae jagiya asked Hannah unnie for help.” Nayoung asks.

“Yes, she did. Hannah unnie used her power to make Dollie luckier, to finish things more easily. You know, it’s not natural for her to finish her plans so fast and her brothers didn’t have the slightest doubts. But seriously, Hannah unnie really cares for Dollie. I can’t understand why she still doesn’t tell her the truth that she is her s-”

“Fany unnie, aren’t we supposed to tell Hannah unnie to stop the good-luck spell. I remember the longer one uses the spell, the worse luck they’ll get once the spell is over.”

“Oh that’s right. Thanks Yoong. I’ll contact her ASAP.”

“Anyway, I was asking if you liked any of those clothes.”

Your POV

“Ah… I like those. Seems like they are all belong to a set. They do have similar key features and the different dark shades of them go well together. Some more accessories would complete the look... They would fit for a boy band, with… seven members?” Seven? That’s a… nice number. Suddenly the image of INFINITE as a boy band appears in my head. I think it looks really good. “Ah… Sorry for my ranting.”

“No, it’s ok. I also know something about fashion. I also know a unnie that is a real fashionista. She keeps telling me this all the time.” I talk about Hannah unnie, one of my fave unnies (not including SNSD unnies). She has a very keen sense of fashion and the always has info on the latest trends. What’s more amazing is that despite knowing all of the current trends, she still keeps her very personal style: chic. Anyway, she’s actually the one who takes care of my clothing a lot. Ever since we became close, she keeps going over to my house and checks my wardrobe. If she doesn’t like something there, it’ll be replaced very quickly (She’s not rich, she just has connection with some famous clothing lines). Believe it or not, she sends me a list of what to wear for each week. She still does even when I’ve move to Incheon here. “But seriously, I think you yourself have really good fashion sense.” And I mean it. Despite usually, Soo looks like the best dresser of INFINITE, I feel that Sungjong’s fashion sense is the best. Honestly, no hard feeling or something, but Soo’s strongest point in his outfit is his face. There’s no argument that he’s really a “flower boy”, and it helps to make his outfits look… better. Actually, I don’t feel there are many strong or outstanding features in his outfit. He just chooses simple and dark clothes, with accompany of nice accessories. But for Sungjong, his clothes are more colorful and brighter, have more patterns, hence it’s harder to mix them. He also only needs his clothes, without accessories, to make him look good. Of course, he doesn’t overdress but simple enough to make him look preppy… I still don’t know why I notice this, probably unnies’ effect on me. Anyway, in conclusion, Sungjong’s my fave dresser among INFINITE.

“Uh… Thank you Jangmi ssi… I think you’re just being… too nice.” He smiles, a little bashfully. Ok… I need a stronger attack. Oh, there are Barbie dolls here? Ah, I think they use them as miniature models. Look at their clothes and hairstyles! It’s a pity. I would’ve liked them if… I weren’t a doll, that’s why I feel a little bit unhappy when I see dolls… Aw~ These stuffed cats are cute!

That reminds me. Sungjong liked to play with stuffed animals when he was a kid. He liked to hug them, a lot, which really made him look cute… And he liked to use them as punching bags to relieve stress… He really had many stress for a small kid.

This huge bear would be suitable for him.

“Sung Jong ssi, how do think about this bear?”

Sung Jong’s POV

Jang Mi ssi asks for my opinion on the bear she’s holding with a pretty smile, making me blush. She doesn’t have those cute eye smiles, but her smile is really cute. Even when she doesn’t smile, she still looks effortlessly pretty and cute. Like when we first met. Now, she’s holding a stuffed bear that’s as tall as her, maybe even taller, she’s even cuter! How’s that possible?

“Sung Jong ssi… are you ok? You look… red.”

“Huh?” Oh, I was busy spazzing over her and I didn’t notice the heat in my cheeks. “Yeah, I’m,” I clear my throat. “fine. Anyway… The bear looks really cute, really… nice.”

“And it’s fluffy too. Hey, do you want to try it?”

“No, I’m-” She cuts my off my shoving the bear into my chest. Oh, she was right. This cutie is extremely fluffy. So huggable. So comfy.

Author’s POV

You smile when you see how Sungjong enjoys hugging that bear. You know inside, he’s still the little cutie Lee Sung Jong (It’s just a saying. You know well this would happen. Like what Jessica said, these story-like situations are all the same.)

Meanwhile, at your home, Tiffany is calling Hannah.

“Hello unnie~… Uh, yeah. I call to tell you that you don’t need to use that spell on Dollie anymore… Yeah… Kay, bye unnie.”

Back to your school, right in front of the clothes storage room, six people are discussing.

“It’s all Yi Han’s fault! She released them.”

“Hey! It’s not my fault that vase is so off-season!”

“Stop it Yi Han, Jia. The important thing is that we catch them without making any students harmed or noticing them. The track device shows that they are all here, in this hallway.” She says. The clothes storage room is actually in the storage area, where everything is stored here. The area is at a corner of 3rd floor. It’s actually a separated area from the classrooms, so it has it’s own electric system and a door at the entrance. “Yubin unnie, you shut down all the lights at this corner in case any students here. Chunji, Ricky, you go lock all the doors so they can’t escape to other places. And you two, come with me, we’ll start checking from there. Quick, let’s get to work.”

Your POV

Ok… I think it’s enough. I’ve seen how happy he is when he gets in touch with his old hobby. We should go now. I’ve missed way too many classes already.

“Sungjong ssi, how about we try to open that door again, maybe-”

Suddenly, there’s a black out. We are immersed in darkness.

“Jang Mi ssi, are you-”

“AHHHHHH!”