03

Into their lives, again

Your POV

Where is he taking me? I can’t see anything! Is it really necessary for him to put me in a sack like this? I see nothing!

How…

Oh yeah, I remember. Mr. Jung came into my room at the middle of the night and carried me to the balcony, then handed me over this stranger waiting right there. Then they put me in this sack. Then the stranger put me over is shoulder… isn’t it? Well, I’m pretty sure it’s the stranger who carried me since I heard Mr. Jung said: “Be careful. She’s rather fragile. Remember not to break her or let anyone here see you.”

Damn~ This is why being a “living” doll . I mean, I have perfect awareness of my surroundings but can’t do anything, even when I’m in possible danger like this. Who knows what he’ll do. I’ve heard stories on thieves stealing valuable objects and sell them. Or maybe, he’ll take all of my clothes and jewelries to sell them and leave me on the street. Or, he’ll cut me to parts to have money selling each part. Or... Ok, ok. Stop over thinking Rose Charles. Positive thoughts. Positive thoughts…

Aish. I’ve got none.

He suddenly stops at an empty alley and… runs right into a big brick wall!?

Are you crazy!? Do you want to die!? If you do, die alone. Put me down you freak! (I’m a doll. I can’t die but I can break ok?)

Author’s POV

Unlike the expected hard collision with the wall, you feel… nothing. A blue light suddenly appears, covers you and the man. Then, the light fades. Then some men appear. Four men to be exact. Then the man from before puts you down and goes to where the other men are standing and talks to them.

One man walks to you, hands glowing. He put his hands on your head and his hand glows even brighter. Everything gets blurry…

Your POV

Where am I?

My eyes flutter. The bright light before has faded. I blink a couple of times to have a better vision. When I can finally open your eyes wide, I find myself in a white room with no furniture, not even a door or a window. What can of room is this?

“I feel like I’m in the mental hospital with all this white background.”

Wait… did I just… move my eyes? And I just talk out loud? Hm…

OMG. OMG. I just moved. And I just talked. YES!!!

I’m doing a crazy dance. I must be looking crazy right now. But I don’t care! I can move!

Author’s POV (switching constantly like this is so confusing)

“So… I guess we should call her… and do the introduction.” Kang Ta speaks.

“Yeah…”

“But hyung,” Jae Won nervously says. “She looks… Can we not do it? I’m scared.”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure she’s just too happy.” Woo Hyuk answers. “Besides, we’re angels. Why would we be scared of her?”

“Yeah! I’m a human now. I’m on top of the world baby!” You scream out loud. “Ah! I’m so so so so so happy!”

“… You guys do it.” He quickly adds.

“Don’t worry guys. There’s nothing to worry about. Uh… Hello?” Hee Joon politely says.

“OMG. I can’t believe my wish comes true!”

“Hello?” Hee Joon now softly asks.

“Since I’m a human now, I can…”

Kang Ta can’t take it anymore and screams: “Yah! Rose Charles!”

It’s a rude way to do, but it works. You finally hear him and turn around. You are shocked to find five men there, including the one who took you. They’re handsome. They look nice. They have… wings?

“Are wings the new trend? I don’t know that. And isn’t it too late for Halloween now?”

… Maybe there should be a cricket there…

“Uhm… I think it’s better that we introduce ourselves first, ok?”

As if it’s on cue, the boys stand in one line.

“Annyeonghaseyo, we are… H. O. T.” They shout in sync. And they take turns introducing themselves.

“First of all, we are angels, which pretty much explain the wings.” Heejoon starts explain.

Kangta’s POV

The girl (or the used-to-be doll) seems confused. Poor girl. She must be panicking inside when she heard we’re angels. It’s the common reaction from human.

“So, you guys are angels. That explains the wings.”

Well, I think she understands the situation. Good, now we can…

“I thought angels are supposed to have, you know, good qualities like patience, kindness, wisdom or things like that. While you guys, no offend, you only have good looks and white, big wings… Are you sure you guys are angels, not some music band in cosplay?”

I swear I did hear crickets’ sound though there’s not a single on in this room.

“Wow. I like her better when she was a doll.” Tony whispers in my ears.

“I think all of us do.”

Your POV

Why are the guys frozen? I’m just being honest?

“Uhm… Hello?”

Ah, finally a guy, who I remember as Hee Joon snaps out of it and starts talking. He looks like the leader to me, which does remind me of Sunggyu. Probably all leaders have the same aura.

“Sorry miss. It’s just we didn’t think you’re this… straight-forward.”

“Anyway… Miss, the reason all of us are here and you can do things like any normal human being is…”

---------

“… That’s pretty much it. Do you have any more questions”

Wow. And I thought the story will never end.

Basically, my unborn sister’s spirit asked God to do some magic on me, as a “thank-you” gift for making my parents happy. As a result, I was turned into human. But this magic only makes me somewhat human (They didn’t say what, but they said I lack some human’s traits). If I want to be a real girl, I’ll have to fall in love with my destined ones and they must love me back too before that day. Can’t understand why a simple short story like that must be told so long…

Wait.

“Destined ones? You mean there’re more than one? But I thought one people only…”

“No.” Tony talks. “Each person actually can have more than one mate. It’s called “harem”, or “reverse harem” I think. It’s just, people in the past used to abuse that so much that the society sees it as a bad thing. Now… Well, seem like it’s the new trend.”

“Wait… So how many “destined ones” I have in total?”

“… We don’t know. It’s something you must figure out.”

Oh, sounds logical.

“HOW CAN I KNOW WHO ARE MY “TRUE LOVES” THEN?” Ok, maybe I did overreact. But come on, knowing who are my destined ones is like, impossible.

“Rose Charles ssi, you don’t need to worry about that.” Woohyuk calmly talks. “Our head angel Michael has predicted your reaction. So he told us to get you this.”

He then hands out a silver necklace with a heart-shape pendant.

“It’s pretty.” I say. “I really like it… What it’s for?”

“It’s your cheat code.” Jae Won states.

“… Cheat code?”

“Hey, stop using those words. Use proper Hangeul, not Computer language!” Woo Hyuk says and knocks him on the head.

“What he means was,” Hee Joon explains. “Instead of having to figure out by yourself, you can use this baby to find out who your mates are.”

“Really?”

“Really. BoA told us necklaces found in the East forest will show who wear them their true loves.”

“Oh, thank you then.”

I quickly wear the necklace. Wow, so shiny.

“Uhm guys, you can return me to my house now.”

They look dumbfound. I wonder why.

“Uh… No, you can’t return to the Lee’s mansion.”

“I can’t? Why?”

“I don’t think they’ll have very good reactions knowing you’ve turned into a human.”

“Yeah. Besides, seems like there are few people in that house don’t like you. Mr. Jung, by the way, he is a undercover angel, told me some people want to throw you out.”

So someone wants me out? Hm… I bet it was that three mean women’s job. Well, who want to return to where those devils live?

But appa, Haneul umma and brothers…

No, they’ll freak out when they know about this “magic” thing. Besides, they won’t miss me anyway.

“So where will I live then?”

“Oh. Don’t worry. Heejoon hyung is contacting the other angels group. Since we are very busy, we will ask other angels to take care of you. I think you’ll like the ones we’re calling. And… oh, you’ll live with them in Busan.”

I look at Heejoon. He’s talking with someone through some devices. Hey, it looks like the one I saw when appa’s colleague showed him new products. I think they’re called mobile phones.

“Done! Now all we have to do in transporting her to their place. So Rose Charles ssi…”

“Yes?”

They all smile at me. I heard “Goodbye.” And then all I can see is a blinding light.

---------

Where am I? All I can see is an empty lot in front me.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Sonyuh Shidae immida.”