22

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Are you sure? We can send you more.”

“No, no need unnies… We don’t even have much money anyway.”

“But we want to make it up to you for not being there on your birthday.”

“No, it’s ok. Just do your best on your mission in Japan unnies.”

“Thanks Dollie. Haiz~ You can’t imagine how sad we are to- Oh my God. A samurai. Girls wait for me!” …She could at least exclaim that when her phone is a bit farther from her.

“Yup, you’re devastated alright. Goodbye unnies. Enjoy the scene.” I say and press the red button on the screen.

Well, it’s actually not that bad. I mean, I’m sure sad when they’re away in Kyoto, Japan while I’m celebrating my birthday in Incheon. But on the good side, I can finally buy what I want with the money they gave me. Every birthday, my gifts are always dresses, cosmetic products and jewelries or cute school stuffs like pens or notebooks. This year, I’m buying me what I really want: a 32-gigabyte memory card. Yeah, I know, I’m a tech geek. But I can’t help it. It’s in my blood, in someway. I mean, my dad did work in this field.

“Please sign here Miss.” The seller tells me. Well, I’m sixteen this year, I can buy this myself.

I hum happily. This is mine. All mine.

…I feel my smile fade. That Woollim poster makes me remember about the old time when I was a doll, when I saw that logo every single day. No, I don’t mean I was annoyed. I… Haiz~ I just remember that time.

I feel my mobile phone vibrates. A reminder for…. Oh yeah, I’ve gotta see the hairdresser today for my hair. I know, it’s uncomfortable to visit the salon frequently to ensure the black color of my hair. But what can I do?

----------

I widen my eyes. They also went to this place? Well, it’s Saturday and this salon is very famous anyway. Good thing I’ve done dyeing my hair and its styling.

“Hey guys. Nice to see you here.” I greet them.

“Oh hello Jangmi. You’re here too?”

“Uh huh. Uhm… Just some simple t.” And a black dye. “What’s about- Oh, wait. Let me see. Oh, I love your new hairstyles. And you dyed your hair! Wow~ You look great as a blond Sung Jong and you too DongWoo, I really like your fiery red hair color.”

“Thanks.” They all say in sync, but quickly glare at each others. Again? Ever since Halloween, they’ve gotten so tense with each others that they’ll get irritated if someone says the same thing they say. And be honest, it makes my job harder, since nothing seems to be able to break the walls among them.

“Actually, our umma, uh, one of them” Yeah, they told me about their family. “wanted to go here and she asked for our company. So…”

One of their ummas? Ugh… I don’t think I want to meet any of them, except Haneul umma.

I do hope it’s her.

Ha Neul’s POV

I can’t wait too see her again. After all, it’s about ten years already.

From this angle, I can only see her back, but I already feel my eyes are burning. I can’t have a child, so I’ve always seen her as my daughter. One can’t not simply describe how I felt when she left. But now…

“Umma! Uh… I want you to meet Jangmi. She’s m- our friends.” Of course, I notice his tone at the “our” word. I mentally chuckle. They’re still extremely possessive of her, even when they don’t know that themselves. How adorable.

“Hello. Great to meet you.” I politely say. She of course says the same thing. I like her smile. It’s not bright. But it’s very sincere.

I want to talk more with her. In fact, I want to talk about everything with her. But I can’t. That’ll ruin the plan. After all, I promised myself not to interfere with their lives.

“Well, I still have a meeting at ten, so I’ll leave you guys here. Take care boys, and don’t do anything funny to the girl.”

“Umma!”

I chuckle. How cute.

I walk away, but my mobile phone rings in the process. Hm…

“Meet her yet honey?”

“Yes.” I smile. He’s still the caring man as ever. “Still as pretty as I remember and genuinely nice like what we expected to be.”

I hear his laugh from the other line. “That’s good.”

----------

“You know, it’s not necessary…”

“No, it is. It’s a gift for your birthday… Maybe if you let us all-” I cut Dongwoo off. I know what he’s saying. Yeah, I told them that I didn’t want the boys to all buy a present for me. I hate to see them spend money on things like this. So they ended up took me to this shop and asked the workers making some outfits, just for me only… Actually, I don’t like that idea. I normally buy clothes that are loose on the torso part, due to my… difficult body shape. If I wear something that actually fit, it would be… awkward. I want to keep the erts away.

 “Waist: 58 cm.” The girl shouts. She said she wasn’t a tailor here. She’s just helping her aunt out by taking costumers’ measurements. There’s something familiar about her… She looks like someone I know, especially the way she looks at me as if I was a gold chest, or something priceless in general. “Chest… Wow~ You have big-”

“Yeah thanks. Just… please quietly write that down.” She’s a woman damn it! Yet the way she looks at my chest is so… Why people make such a fuss over my chest? It’s not like I want to be made based on Barbie standard that time: small waist, large . “Uh… Would you mind stop staring? And drooling?”

“Wh- What? Uh, ok… AUNT!”

----------

This is so uncomfortable. I mean, we’re standing at least fifty cm away from the others. Uh… Actually it’s just among themselves. Myungsoo (somehow he’s a bit braver than usual) and Sungjong (as usual) are holding one arm of mine each, and the rest seems to be wanting to do the same. In other way, the boys are only keeping distance to each others but try to be close to me.

Haiz~ When would this stop?

“Whoa~ They must be models! They all look so dazzling~”

I hear someone say. Yeah yeah, I got it. The rest doesn’t even seem to care. They must’ve got used to this, like how I have.

“Look at the three in the front! So cute~ Must be a love triangle.”

However, just as someone says that, I have to abruptly stop because the two boys at my sides stop walking at the sudden. I look at them. They look stunned, like, really stunned. I mean, they don’t even blink.

“Oh no, look at all the guys surround her. I bet they are all fighting for her.”

“Oh, you’re right. She’s beautiful after all. Oh no, I don’t know which pairing to support!”

“I support her with all seven of them. Reverse harem!”

“Oh my God, that would be so~ cute!”

…Now all of us freeze.

That sounds wrong in so many ways. You know, it might be better if they are jealous of me like how dramas usually would be and curse at me, instead of going fangirling over my OTPs, again.

“Oh hey guys, you’re back! INFINITE ssi, your suits are done. Please go to the male clothes section. Jangmi ssi…” The way she says my name worries me. Sounds like she’s up to something not so pleasant. “Please follow me~”

“Sur- Alyssa ssi?” Huh? INFINITE knows her?

“Hi~”

“You know her?” I ask them.

“Yeah. Oh, you know Lillian ssi right? She’s her sister.” Si- Sister? My- “And she’s the head of journalism club!”

“Hey. Nice to finally meet you, the famous beauty of our school… Oh right, your dress. This way.” Now she’s dragging me. Definitely fishy.

“Please try this dress on. You only have to try one, since the rest are pretty much in the same size.” I’ve gotta admit, this store works super fast. Seven outfits for me (if one from each member… wouldn’t it mean they still buy one gift for me each?) and seven suits for INFINITE in four hours. And look at this one! So pretty and detailed…

“Would you mind?”

“…Sure, I’ll go out for you to change.”

I swear. The two sisters are so alike, especially their erseness.

Hm~ Seem nice. However… Do they need to make it so fit like this?

“Are you done Jangmi ssi?” Alyssa shouts from outside. This is the moment when I have to step out from the curtain isn’t it?

“Whoa~”

…This is really uncomfortable. I probably shou-

“Please stop taking photos.” I say to Alyssa. No wonder they’re sisters.

“Fine then. I think these are enough for some new machines for our club! Eeeekkkk~”

…I won’t say anything. No, nothing.

“So, how do I look?” I ask Sungjong and Myungsoo. The two give good suggestions when it comes to fashion.

I wave my hand in front of their face. Hello? Something’s wrong?
Oh, maybe it’s because either I’m stunningly beautiful right now, or I’m so hideous that they become speechless… Must be the first one. I know. I’m not the typical innocent, nice girl in movies that can’t see that. I mean, come on, it’s so obvious.

“You look… stunningly beautiful!” Sungyeol says, the first one snapping out of it in INFINITE. See?

“Thanks. I think I should look good in this right? Uh, Woohyun~ I’m thirsty. Please pass me my drink. And have you guys done paying? It’s nine already. The mall closes at ten, and my unnies will call home at that time to check me.” They nod. “Ok. Hey Woohyun, please pass me my drink. I’m thirsty~”

He hands me the strawberry-flavored latte I bought earlier when we passed Star Bucks. Well, actually he bought it for me even though I insisted on paying for myself. It’s good anyway, I could save some money. You know how expensive Star Bucks products could be. It’s all about the name.

“I’m so sorry!”

What happened? Oh yeah, a young woman bumped into me and made me spill my drink all over the dress I’m wearing. “No, it’s fine. It’s partly my fault for standing in the middle of the shop anyway… No, it’s ok. This just need some washing.” I assure her, seeing how panic and nervous she is.

----------

“Great. I forgot to bring my clothes.” I mumble while washing my hand. “I’ll get it later. Now, just dry this before it becomes sticky.” I wet some tissue and use it the clean my savage.

…I hope INFINITE’s fine out there. I feel kinda worried for leaving them all by themselves. Uh yeah, I know they’re teenagers and they can take care of themselves. I’m worried because with the terrible relationship they’re having, they can have a world war III out there. Maybe I’m just overthinking. There are a lot of people, they can’t argue or fight. It’ll be very bad for their reputation.

Man~ Just think about that gives me a headache. I’m making no process despite all my recent plans. Dear God, I need a sign-

Oh no, I hear the fire alarm rings. And shouting! What happen?

Quickly pull my dress up, I run outside the cubine.

What-

…Hey, I can’t open this door!