26

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“You ok Jangmi?” I nod, smiling to answer him. I’m so freaking tired of the gag of me being weak. I know I’m not exactly athletic but how can this story make me such a weak character that I can’t even stay on Howon’s shoulder long enough to take the clog destroyer. This really turns the knife.

Sungjong gets off from Howon’s shoulder (after much argument and fighting I must say) and hands me the clog destroyer.

“What are you planning to do with these Jangmi?”

“Just some distraction, good enough for us to distract those two guys over there and save Woohyun and Myu- uh, L”

Author’s POV

A loud BANG! Is heard from everywhere in and out the mall. Everyone can also see some smoke coming out from the top floor of the main building.

###Warning: It’s what happens when you mix acetone, bleach, clog destroyer and water. It EXPLORES ok? Don’t ever try this anywhere in the universe (of course except in labs if you’re learning and experimenting this).###

“Just a small amount of it cause this?”

“Yeah, the power of chemistry I guess. Come on, they left their position. Let’s go.” You follow Sunggyu and enter the “prison cell”. Good thing you decided to make the explosion far from here, so this area isn’t affected very much, just some smoke.

----------

“Listen, all you have to do is getting out of there. You guys don’t need to do anything heroic, like saving or-”

“We aren’t planning to. We just want to get out of here anyway.”

“Oh… Sorry, I thought you would be like the characters on-”

“I’m sorry, but this’s not an action movie. We absolutely have no plans on doing that.” Woohyun continues to cut Myungsoo ssi off. “Anyway, where should we head to now? We’re currently standing by the escalator on the eighth floor.”

“I think you should all use the normal way to get down. And then use the emergency exit at the East side. Our cars are there. The explosion you made might have damaged some other escape routes and I’m pretty positive that they are distracted by it too.”

“Oh, thank you Myungsoo ssi. I’ll call you if anything happens. Ok, we’re off.”

“Listen, we don’t want to have any more trouble do we? Any I’m sure we need good teamwork to do that. I know that we have many… basically we don’t get along with each other, but let’s put all of that aside, just for this, and work together… OK?” A soft “OK” can be heard among the other INFINITE members. You’re surprised, but proud, to see Sunggyu finally takes on his leader position and guides everyone.

----------

“Hyung, why did you let them go? You clearly knew their plan, and you could easily capture them…” The boy in the back asks the young men driving the minivan. Despite all the cheering in the back for the money they got, he can hear him perfectly.

“Earlier, I checked what caused the explosion. It was a mixture of chemicals, not something the MBC would do. They always use a “safer” device to create a fake explosion. The “safety first” policy remember? And the eco-friendly program too. They surely don’t want to add some CO­2­. Why keep them then?”

“Or maybe you didn’t want to hurt them. You’re their fan after all.” The girl next to them grumbles.

The young man smile and peck her cheek, making her face reddens. He giggles, knowing that she was jealous. “Actually, I ship INFINITE with Jangmi ssi, so no need to get so worked up over that.” He smiles. He suddenly feels two hands around his neck. Something soft nuzzles into his neck.

“I want a kiss too.”

“Fine.” He pecks the boy’s forehead. “And sit down, put in your seatbelt! We’re driving.”

“Hm…” The girl hums. “Well, we’re done with this anyway. And I can finally take off this disguise, being a girl is super uncomfortable.” She says and rubs off the symbol on his palm. The symbol glows purple before completely fades. The “girl” now is a handsome teenage boy. “That’s better.”

The man rolls his eyes playfully. “I’m a girl you know. But… I guess we can all take off the disguise.” He then tells everyone on the van to do so through the speaker on it. He himself also erases the symbol on his palm as they’re at a red-light, revealing a pretty girl with messy shoulder-length blue hair.

Meanwhile, back at the LOEN mall…

“Good that you guys are all fine. Not a- yeah, maybe there are scratches and bruises here and there but I don’t think they’re serious. Come on, let’s go home.”

“Uh, mom, we- we want you to meet Kim Jangmi ssi, a friend of ours, and she helped us escape too.”

“Oh really? Well, it’ll be great to see her."

Your POV

…Not really a good day for me, and it was my birthday…

“Hello? Are you miss Kim Jangmi?” Huh?

 “Nice to meet you. I’m these boys’ mother, Lee Haneul. I’ve heard lots about you.” She says, shaking my hands. Of course, I greet her back politely with a smile. What? People expect me to be stunted? Yeah, no, I’m not that kind of person. I’m actually creepily calm in situations. “I also want to thank you for helping my boys. How about coming over for a dinner, as a thank?”

“Uh, I’m hope I won’t be a bother because I want to say “yes”.”

“Of course you won’t be. We’ll be happy to have you join us.”

----------

Wow~ I didn’t exactly have a chance to have a meal here when I was a doll here (obviously). Now I know why Myungsoo constantly complained how he didn’t have enough food. Of course, I have little appetite (still can’t understand the rumor that I have anorexia nervosa) so I don’t each much, but this. Is. So. Amazing!!!

“I see you like our chefs’ potato-leek soup. Would you care for more?” Of politely agree. Of course I’d want some more. This is just my type of food: mild, creamy yet nutritious. “So, you just transferred here with your sisters? And now you’re staying home alone as they’re on their business trip? How about your parents, or relatives? Should there be someone to watch over you?” …Well, unnies used to ask some fellow guardian angels nearby to “babysit” me but ever since I turned thirteen, they thought that I was old enough to stay home alone (actually not a bad thing, I kinda enjoy that independence). Oh right, “parents, relatives”… What did they usually tell our old neighbors…?

“Our parents wanted their kids to be independent early, at least that’s what unnies told me. And our relatives, uh, they live in the country side of Korea and they have farms to take care of.” I know, not really convincing but I guess that’s the best unnies can come off with.

“Isn’t that a bit uns-”

“Oh, we have guess?” I hear a female voice. Sounds familiar. She looks familiar too…

“Oh, Miyeon unnie, Mijin unnie. Hello. This is the boys’ friend, Kim Jangmi ssi.” Haneul umma answers.

…Hm~~~

I give up. I just can’t remember who they are.

Phew~ I’m so full. This is the most I’ve eaten this year, but this tastes super good!

“Excuse me, I have to take this.” Haneul umma says, holding up her vibrating phone.

…This is just…

Somebody please talk something. This is just… tense.

“Excuse me, young master. Here’s your tea.” A maid says to Dongwoo, carrying a china tray with teapot, cups and a biscuit plate on it. You know, old England style. How fancy~ At home, the fanciest thing we do is eating at the dining table…

“Ouch!!!” And he has to take the teapot, not the tray…

Ooohhh~ I see some caring from Woohyun and Hoya, and bits of concern in the others’ eyes. Guess the earlier disaster helps something after all.

One lady clears . The boys look startled and quickly return back to their food, even Woohyun and Hoya. Dongwoo also quickly regains his straight face and orders the maid to stop apologizing and cleaning up the mess.

So I see these ladies have some kind of big influence over INFINITE, and definitely looked irritated when they show care… Oh~ The three wicked mothers. I remember them now…

That’s it. I cannot stand this atmosphere any longer.

“Myungsoo, where’s the bathroom at?” I whisper. “…Oh, ok. Thanks.” I excuse myself at the table and walk to the bathroom’s direction. Hm~ Oh, here it is.

Wow~ even the bathroom’s super fancy here. Now, where did I put my lip balm… Ok, good.

“Oh, sorry.”

“It’s ok Jangmi ssi.” Haneul umma gives me a warm smile and walks towards the stairs. I probably sh-

Oh, what are these papers?

Must be Haneul umma’s. She must have dropped them earlier. I should return these to her.

Ah, it’s the boys’ health check paper. This is Sunggyu’s, that’s Sungjong’s, Hoya’s…

Huh?

Hold on… their blood types… Shouldn’t be right! Appa’s O. How come… well, maybe the blood comes from their mothers…

“Jangmi ssi?” I abruptly stand up and… Uh oh, Haneul umma… “Are those… Did you look at them?”

“…” Oh God. Of all the time I’ve lied, why am I nervous this time?’

“Did you… did you see their blood ty- …You have, haven’t you?”

“…”

“Well… Maybe I should… You’re their good friend right, so telling you this wouldn’t really be a problem, I hope. Well, please follow me. We shouldn’t talk here. My study room is on the first floor, quite near.” I couldn’t talk, so I nod and obediently follow her.

Gosh, what’s happening?

Oh, this room is also so beautifully furnished, just like the rest o-

“Please take a seat… Would you like something to drink?”