18

Into their lives, again

Your POV

…What just happened?

Well, I don’t care about what, why and how did the fight start but I’m stopping it. Good thing the light is back.

“Stop it. Stop it!” I try to shout as loud as I can but for some reason, I’ve become non-existent to them. Everyone ignores me and continue with the fight which, I’m not even sure who’s hitting who. At first, it was Myung Soo who started the fight by punching Sung Jong. Soon the rest join them, first hitting Sung Jong like Myung Soo but somehow, they end up beating each other.

The scene here is really heartbreaking (for me at least). I see INFINITE on the floor. All grunt in pain and cover in scratches and bruises. I even see some of them bleeding at the noses or at their mouths. So, I do the best thing I can think off: run to the clinic and ask for some cotton, band-aids and antiseptic for them. I’m sure the clinic’s still working.

---------

The nurses didn’t question me why I need those things, even in such amounts (they’re for seven severally injured teenage boys ok?). Make sense. Victoria unnie once told me in ETS, somehow, students got injured a lot, not necessary from fights but also from accidents as well. Anyway, it’s good that they didn’t ask me. I want to keep the fight among my dongsaengs and me. They’ve got high status in school and if other people see them injured badly like they’re just from a fight (which they were), that status would drop considerably.

Just stick the band-aid there, a little above his eyebrow and… Finally! I’ve done fixing their wounds. I think I did a pretty decent job. To be honest, I’ve got a bit medical skill. Tae Yeon unnie signed me up for that class hold by the doctors and nurses from our school, which teach us students how to take care of our wounds. I’m not sure but I think it’s due to the fact that I often got hurt (I don’t have a very good physical condition and I’m actually a klutz, getting into some small accidents everyday). It’s not really something I’m proud of. At least it’s useful for situations like this.

 “So…” I trail off. I want to ask them why they fought. In fact, I want to know why they’re in a bad relationship like this. I mean, they weren’t like this when they were little. They had such a tight bonding that even their ummas couldn’t break it. But I certainly can’t just ask them that. They’ve only known me for what, three days anyway (at least they believe so). They even call me “Jang Mi ssi” and I call them “sunbaenims”.

Silence. Well, what could I expect? Not like-

 

 

 

“Jeone aldeon naega anya Brand New Sound.” Hm? That sounds familiar… Oh, my mobilephone! Sooyoung unnie did set the song “Oh!” (it’s a song from their company, SM Ent.) as a ringtone for SNSD unnies. So whenever one of them call, I’ll hear that song instead of my original ringtone of “Liang ge ren de huang dao” by my beloved S.H.E. Anyway…

“Sorry, I’ve gotta get this.” I say and walk out. Of course, I don’t forget to close the door.

Turn out, it’s Tae Yeon unnie calling me. I quickly press the green icon to answer.

“Dollie-ah, why haven’t you come back yet. We are extremely worried here. You should’ve been home an hour…”

Sung Gyu’s POV

“You should’ve controlled yourselves better.” I start. That makes them glare at me.

“You [censored] hypocrites. “You”? You joined in too!” Ho Ya, a brat he is, says. I calmly stand up and get ready to show him…

“You two [censored] stop! Jang Mi ssi is right outside the room. Are you two trying to make this mess bigger!?” Dong Woo shouts. That [censored]. He thinks he’s only younger than me in INFINITE so he have the rights to control things like how I do. However… I hate to admit it but he’s right. Jang Mi ssi has seen how we are to each other, not that happy image we’re having. This will surely negatively affects what she thinks of me. Gosh, why couldn’t I hold it in when you see that scene?

Oh, of course the most important things is if she tells people this, we’ll surely lose lots of our reputations. Sure, the students’ opinions on us aren’t really something we should care about. Heck, we actually don’t care if we showed our true relationships among us in school and had a different image. The main purpose of being “good brothers” is to please appa. None of us actually states this, but everyone knows the more appa trusts one of us, the higher chance to be the official heir for that person is.

Back to the topic, now that Jang Mi ssi saw us fight, we should…

“I think we have to tell her the truth. It would be no use trying to cover it up.” I honestly say.

Normally, the rest would just insult my idea and try to twist it so it would become a terrible one, even if they still use it in the end. But they’re not saying anything about my idea. They must not have any other ideas right now.

Your POV

Finally.

After some minutes explaining and convincing Tae Yeon unnie that I was fine, nothing happened (of course I didn’t tell her about the black-out thing) and asked her to let me stay at school a little bit longer for some INFINITE issues.

Good thing none of the unnies were available so I was walking home (the dorm) today? Otherwise, the guilt for making on of them wait would eat me up alive… Right! None of them would wait anyway. They would just call me or go in school to look for me. Believe me. They would and they have. Like that one time when…

Oh, I wander off again. I still have that talk with my dongsaengs.

--------

They finally confessed that their relation is really bad and asked me to keep that as a secret (I agreed, obviously). They didn’t tell me why though… Not that I had expected them to anyway.

I know I really shouldn’t ask them this. It might make them take back the decision to trust me but I’m really curious about it.

“Why did you tell me the truth? I mean, even when I witnessed your fight, you could’ve used some other excuses or… you know, with your high status, no student would believe me. So why put so much trust on me?”

Silence engulfs us.

“…We honestly didn’t come up with ideas like that.” Dong Woo, the ever straight-forward one, says while rubbing his nape.

“But it’s mostly because w- I” Sung Gyu quickly adds, just to get glares from the boys right after he says “I”. I completely understand why. It’s like saying he’s the only one trust me. “I fell like you would do things we all should be worry about. I might be wrong, I might regret it one day but… I think I’ll take the risk if it’s you.”

… That’s… touching.

I shouldn’t ask them more. It would only get more awkward and I hate awkwardness. I seriously can’t stand it.

“Well, I should get going. It’s quite late and… Goodbye sunbaenims.” I say politely and bow a little.

“Wait Jangmi ssi! Uh…” Sungjong call me back. He wants to tell me something, I know it but he hesitates, making me curious about what he’s gonna say. “Well… I think we… we’ve kinda passed the acquaintances stage and… let’s drop the honorifics ok?”

“Sure.” I answer honestly, smiling. “You guys can call me Jangmi. And…”

“Call us oppa!” Sungyeol shouts. His smile fades as he sees everyone look at him, including me, with faces that say “the hell did you say”. But, there’s something else on the other INFINITE members. Something… positive?

And me… Well, I bit my lips. I mean, I’ve always thought them as my cute little dongsaengs and me as their noona. Now calling them “oppa”? It’s a bit…

“Ah… Don’t mind him Jangmi. Just call us by name is fine.” Howon says.

“Ah… Well, goodbye everyone. I seriously need to go home now or the unnies would go wild.” And I mean it.

“Wait, Jangmi ss- Jangmi. Uh… how are you going home?”

 “Oh, I’m walking.”

“Oh, then… hey, I’ll give you a lift.” Woohyun eagerly offers, drawing glares from others.

“No, that’s ok. I can walk. I’m staying at our school’s dorm so…” I politely refuse. Because, honestly, it’s just a few meters away. It’s the school’s dorm. It must be built near obviously. The unnies only drive me because “we want it”… I don’t really know why actually.

“Oh, you’re staying there? Why?”

“I’m an exchange student and I don’t have a house here…” I answer. Sorry for the tone but… Sungyeol’s question is a bit obvious.

---------

Author’s POV

“Hello boys.” A middle-aged man greets INFINITE and happily skips to them with wide-opened arms. Nobody can judge his childlikeness. After all, he hasn’t seen them for three months. Even with the talk through Skype, it’s still not enough. He also hopes Haneul’s done with her own work in Denmark but…

“Hello father.” In response, INFINITE formally gives him a perfect ninety degree bow, like how employees greet him.

He frowns. They’re still like that huh? Well, it’s only a week. I can’t put too much hope on it.” He thinks.

“Well, get changed boys, I asked the cooks to make us a special meal.”

---------

“Anything good happened in school?” Mr. Lee starts the conversation, seeing how the table is very quiet.

“Nothing father.”

And it becomes silent again. Miyeon, as sharp as always, take this as an opportunity to promote her sons’ images with Mr. Lee.

“Sunggyu, Hoya, L, you’re taking a course on…” Of course, she can’t remember it. “Well, something useful for business aren’t you? Maybe father would give you some extra useful lessons on it.”

“Yes father. We’re actually having a course on marketing. I hope it would be useful for the future.”

“Well,” Mijin surely can’t let Miyeon beat her. “Dongwoo and Sungyeol are also doing lots of research on our company’s products. I’m sure once they’ve done the research, what they got from it would help lots for the future.”

“Uh… Woohyun and Sungjong are… uh… oh yeah. They’re planning to go to the company some time and study something there soon. Right boys?”

“Yes mother.” The truth is they weren’t planning on that at all. But of course, now they have to add it into their what-to-do list.

Mr. Lee sighs inwardly. He knows very well that business isn’t their things. He doesn’t know what exactly but he can sense that there’s something would fit them better. Actually, he doesn’t need them to be his successors. He only wants them to live however they like. The problem is his ambitious wives.

“Anyway, who’s up for some baked Alaska?”


...I don't have anything to say here.

The author (me) !

...That's something right?