27

Into their lives, again

Haneul’s POV

“So… I’m sure you’re wondering why the boys have so many different blood types, right?”

“…”

***Flashback***

“Hey Franz, how’s the annual checkup?”

“Oh, all very healthy, except Gaeun ssi. She might have anorexia (eating disorder), her nutrition ratio is not very good. Oh, here are the boys’.” He hands honey the papers. “You know, we’ve been friends for twelve years, I still can’t understand why you want to raise the boys, or even try to keep this confidential. You know they’re not your-”

“Well, we just can’t throw them away just because of their mothers, you know? They’re innocent. Besides, it’s good to have children in the house, right?”

“Tsk… Well, your choices. Haiz~ But you can at least change the doctor for them. Every time I meet them, they keep being all touchy touchy.. Ugh!!!.”

----------

“Well, it was a pleasure to have you Jangmi ssi. Hope to see you again soon.” I bid her goodbye.

“Yes, it was my pleasure as well.”

Impressive. She was far more calm than I expected.

“Boys, you guys should take her to the door yourselves, like gentlemen.”

Aw~ They look so cute together!!! Like… kittens-and-puppies kind of cute!

“Honey, how did she react?” I hear his voice and see him walking out of the shadow. You know, like in the movies…

“Very calmly. Not sure how she really felt inside but on the outside, she had no particular expression. And honey, as much as I love the whole… mysterious aura, could you stop walking out of the shadow. It’s getting creepier and creepier each time. Just like the last shadow person we met, you know, the one who did that serial kill in-”

“Yeah yeah, I got it. Next time I’ll call you ok honey?”

“Uhm… well, better I guess.”

----------

Your POV

I still haven’t told anyone about what I’ve learned about INFINITE, not even unnies. I hate to deal with their reactions. Yeah, I guess I’m a bit too calm. Eerie calm even. Of course I was shocked! I just didn’t freak out, that’s all. So, I’ve been acting normally, although I kept thinking about that.

By the way, I think my brothers-bonding plan worked seriously well. I mean, they’ve gotten much closer. Still awkward in front of their family (I’m pretty sure mostly in front of their mothers), but outside… very close. Still not the joking-and-teasing-with-each-other close, but still close.

Oh, Ash unnie! Gotta say hi to her. Ooh, looks like she’s guiding new students, well, early-start new student. Some student just want to go to school early and figuring their ways round school. I’d better wait for her.

“Okay, this is personal, but I’m gonna give you guys some tip for lunchtime. If you want to have lunch at somewhere fun yet a bit empty, you can have it in the cafeteria-”

“Excuse me, isn’t the cafeteria the most crowded though?” One of them asks. Wrong! I have lunch there with Ash unnie and 4Minute every day, and not even a fifth of the seats are occupied.

“No, that’s what everyone thinks and that’s why it’s so scarce there. Everyone thinks it’s so crowded there. Then this outburst of movies, dramas and stories… They always write “I don’t want to have much attention on me, and I like somewhere quiet blah blah blah.” So, they mostly choose somewhere else, especially the school garden I think. Lots of characters chose that place so…” Oh~ That’s why. “But if you like somewhere crowded yet peacefully quiet, you can have meals there.” Yeah, it’s a garden, so even when many people are there, they should feel that peaceful vibe and… “Or should you like somewhere absolutely quiet, you can go to the library. Or… in your own classroom is good if you want to talk to your classmates or friends. And, I seriously advice you not to have lunch in the gym or the labs… So, just eat anywhere you like, as long as you have food with you: brought from home or from the cafeteria.” …I think they cut it down. What a shame, I’d like to see- Oh, she’s finished? Gosh, I dazed off again didn’t I?

“Unnie! Ash unnie!”

“Oh hey Dollie!” Dollie? My god, I told unnies not to tell her that nickname. It took me a long time to make the unnies stop calling me that and now, Ash unnie? “Dollie” is such an embarrassing name.

“Unnie, uhm…” Ugh! Can’t told her to stop calling me like that politely… “Oh, your skin… Is it just me or it looks… smoother? I mean, I don’t want to offend you or anything but…”

“No, it’s alright. Yi Han forced me to go to that spa the other day and, ugh! She said that she should prepare me for the “Valentine’s Day”. Not like I have a date.”

“Did you say “a date”? You have a date?”

“No Lilly. I just told her I don’t have a date… Why are you so interested in whether I have a date or not?”

“Well, you’re well-liked by everyone, you have quite a look and you never date anyone… It’s like, the perfect article… Oh hi Jangmi. So… did you hear? INFINITE is preparing to ask you to be their date. Who are you gonna choose? Or you’ll go as everyone’s date?”

“Da- no, I’ll just go as a friend, a friend of them.”

“Oh~ One-side huh? Interesting… Well, thanks!”

“Don’t.” Ash unnie suddenly says.

“Don’t what?”

“I know that face, Lilly, You always have that face whenever you see an opportunity for some article. Don’t. Just don’t.”

“…Oh~ You’ve known me for a long time before. You really think I’m that kind of person? Of course I wouldn’t listen to you any write it anyway. Ciao~”

“Can’t freaking believe her. Anyway, recess is almost over and I think you should return to your class. Only ten minutes left and I remember you have class with Mr. Sang left. I had classes with him and… he always makes this small mini test for students the last days in school. He will mark it and write things in your report based on that score.” Oh really? Well, maybe he wants to make sure students study even it’s nearly the end of school year.

“Thanks unnie!” I bid her and return to class quickly. I haven’t student a lot these last few days since I’m busy making bonding plans for INFINITE. I just can’t afford a bad critic on my report! I’ve studied hard the whole year, well, the whole semester in this branch. Can’t let it go to waste.

----------

‘Hyuna unnie… Why do everyone keep looking at me that way?”

“What way?”

“That way. You know, like how you keep looking at me and giggling?”

“Oh, nothing~”

I’m not stupid. People only look at someone that way when they know what that someone doesn’t know, especially if it’s about romance. I just hope it’s not an extremely bad thing.

Huh?

“Oh, what is it?”

“Oh, Myungsoo texts me. He says INFINITE want to meet me… oh, privately. Sorry unnie-”

“Oh, it’s ok. Just go.”

Seriously. What’s with the look?

Don’t mind the look Rose Charles. Don’t mind it. Phew~

 “School.. council…” Here it is. After fixing my looks a bit, I knock the wooden door.

“Oh, Jangmi… uh- uh- please… please come in.” Sungyeol opens the door, stuttering and all.

“Ok. What is it? Why do you need to see me privately?”

“Uhm… uh… Sunggyu hyung… He’ll- he’ll tell you.”

“Huh? Uh… Yeah. Well- well you see. Valentine’s coming and… uh, how about you be our date… No, nothing special at all. Just… as friends?”

“Uh… sure.”

“Gr- great.”

I smile, despite feeling bad inside. I’m not that blunt. It’s obvious that they are having some kind of “special feeling” for me. Everyone can see that. But of course I can’t. I wasn’t destined to be with them. My necklace just didn’t react, at all. Sorry guys. Even though I know also do feel something towards you but…

Still, I have to get close to them just to ensure their relationship. I’ll distant myself as soon as my job is done… Maybe I should even consider introduce them to someone.

Well, just forget it. I have to focus just on preparing for the Valentine’s Day prom. I know unnies will freak out when I tell them that I’m going with someone other than Baejin and Misun. Oh, I also should call Misun. That reminds me… what’s Baejin doing these day. We can’t call her. Misun told me her stepmother said that she has to go abroad to do some family business…

“Jangmi, let’s go to this new candy shop! I hear we can customize our own candy there!” Sungjong suddenly hooks his arm with me and shouts cheerfully. I take a look and see the rest already standing outside, except Sunggyu still slowly cleaning everything up at his desk.

“Ok. Sounds fun. Let’s all go ok?” I ask everyone, ignoring that small frown on Sungjong’s face. I know he’s planning to go with me only. But I can’t risk going alone with any off them, considering the situation and I want them to have some fun together.

Author’s POV

“Boo!”

“Eeek! Yubin!”

A good thing for her that you all are at a good distance, so you can’t hear her. Or else you would know she’s been listening to INFINITE asking you out. Well, that’s not really that bad but… Who likes to be spied?

“Sorry. Can’t resist. What are you doing Lilly? It looks like you’re… you’re stalking someone?”

“…Well, I have to. It’s for the job!”

“What job?”

“Ah… Love that you ask me. Well, I contact the journalism club at Jangmi’s old school branch and found out she had never dated anyone, ever, before. So…”

“She finally goes out with INFINITE?”

“No. They didn’t have the courage to actually ask her that. They asked her as “friends”. But that’s good enough for my next article: “To the next level of relationship.” It’ll be a big hit, I can tell.”

“That tittle BTW. Is this why you spread the recent rumor of her and them?”

“Hey, I worked hard.”

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s go home.” She grabs Lillian’s hand and pull her away.