13

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Nana unnie, are you sure?”

“Yes, I am. I can’t stay home forever, you know?”

I feel that Na Young unnie is still a bit weak. But, of course, she is a stubborn person so none of the other unnies or me can convince her to stay home.

Fortunately, I made a call to Min Jae unnie as soon as I heard she was going to school today.

“Na Young, I think you should have a quick tour to get used to things, you know?”

“Sure Min Jae unnie. See you later Jangmi.”

“Bye unnies.”
My plan today is approaching Ho Won, Sung Yeol and Myung Soo, so tomorrow I only have to take to Sung Jong. I have missed quite many classes already. I should make it quick.

First…

---------

“Anyone? Any volunteer or something?”

Today we have dance class. Actually, dance class is not mandatory, well, not entirely. We do have to choose ourselves optional classes, but dance class is only one of them. The truth is: I was planning to join a technologic class, or an IT class. Dancing is something impossible for me. That and P. E…

However, I remember Howon’s old hobby is dancing, so I have to be here. Lucky for me, Howon is in the dancing class (I didn’t expect that. I mean, they do have a complete change). Now, we’re having the entrance test for newbie (mostly exchange students like me).

“Yes… Kim Hyun Ah ssi.”

Hm… I probably should start talking with Ho Won. Only our class is busy. The remaining two classes in eleventh and twelfth grades are not.

“Excuse me… Sorry… Coming through… Thanks.” Wow, three classes together sure is a lot. Well, at least I have reached the destination.

“Hello Hoya ssi… Can I sit here?” I say, gesturing the empty floor next to him

“Sure, go ahead.” Ho Won smiles. Aw… I can even see his canine teeth. Kyeopta!

Hoya’s POV

“Wow… Her dancing is amazing.” Jang Mi ssi says, eyes on the girl who is dancing. I must say, she is really good. Her dancing is towards the y style. She must have a high score.

I take a glance at Jang Mi and feel myself stunned. She is smiling happily, eyes shining. She seems so pretty. I can even see the halo surrounding her.

I knew she was special the moment I met her. Somehow, I feel this strangely familiar happiness.

Am I in l-

“Ho Ya ssi, what do think about dancing?”

“Huh? Uh… They’re… fun?”

“Oh… I think they’re amazing. You know, all those great moves… which I can never do… It’s a bit depressing but it’s true. I mean, dancing is not my forte. I at it. Good thing this is just a test to see if the student can join dancing class or that. If this test really took score, I’d die.” Her words make me laugh. She’s such a humorous person. She has this funny way of using words, not the derpy style like Dongwoo hyung or Sungyeol-

Aish. Why did I think of that? Did you, Le Ho Won, forget why noona is not here?

“So Ho Ya ssi,” she says, while getting a bit closer to me, her face tilts. “Do you do well in danc-. Your face… Are you sick?”

What? My face. Oh no, I feel bloods in my cheeks. Don’t tell me… I’m blushing? This is embarrassing.

“No, I’m fine. Just a bit hot.” I answer her. Great. Now I can’t even face her.

“Anyway, are you good at dancing? Oh, why am I asking this. You must reach a certain level to be in the dancing class.”

“Oh no, my dancing skill is just… passable. Actually, I joined dancing class simply because I failed some classes before and I passed this. In fact, I don’t like dancing.”

“Excuse me.” I suddenly hear someone says.

Author’s POV

“Excuse me. Can I talk to you?” A young woman talks to your dancing teacher, who you know very well.

“Hyo Yeon unnie… Wow, she only ten minutes late this time.” You think. Actually, the plan is that she comes in as soon as class starts. But at least the class isn’t over.

“Of course. Class, do as you please but keep quiet ok?” He says, then walk out to talk with Hyoyeon. “Yes?”

“Oh, I’m Kim Hyoyeon, from SM Entertainment.” She says, handing him a staff card in SM Entertainment. Behind her is two other men. “This is Jung Yun Ho and Shim Chang Min, my co-workers.”

“SM Entertainment? Oh, welcome.” He says, stutters a bit. He’s obviously shocked when such a big corporation comes to one of his class, well, comes unannouced anyway. However, he is also smiling. Everyone can see his happiness and pride.

“I wouldn’t be so happy if I were you. I come here today not simply for a free show or something. As you should know, most of our trainees, singers are studying here, for the school’s reputation as the best. However, we want to really make sure of that.”

“You mean?”

“Consider this is a test Mr. Song.” Yun Ho speaks. “A test on how well you teach your student.”

“Well… I’m sure you’d please with my teaching. Welcome to my class. There are some seats at the back-“

“We only have a little time. How about this: We randomly pick a student and ask him to dance. If he’s up to the normal standard, you’ll pass the test.”

“Uh… Sure.” He answers. Inside, he prays that they don’t choose the tenth graders, whose skill he hasn’t tested yet.

All four of them walk into the dance class, or a large studio actually, making the students stand up.

“Please, sit down.”

All of the students then return to their previous activities, only occasionally look at the three strangers.

“Wait… Which one of them is Lee Howon?” Yun Ho whispers to Hyo Yeon.

“Actually, he’s called Ho Ya now. And… I also don’t know.” Hyo Yeon says, making Yun Ho and Chang Min give her a what-the-heck face. “I’ve never met him ok. Dollie only told me about him, not gave me picture of him or anything.”

“Great. Now what should we do?”

“Strange… Are they supposed to choose Ho Won? Why are they still looking around?” You ask yourself. Then, you suddenly remember that Hyoyeon doesn’t really know who Hoya is. “Oops, my bad.”

“Jang Mi ssi, are you ok?” Ho Ya asks you when he sees you coughing uncontrollably. He has no idea it’s actually a cue for the three clueless people.

“Oh… There’s Dollie. Has she got the flu from Na Young. Oh no. I-“

“No, she is hinting the person next to her is Ho Ya.” Yun Ho scolds her, still whispering.

Your POV

“Mr. Song, we’d like that student to come up and show us a few moves.” Hyo Yeon unnie says, gesturing Ho Won.

“Ho- Ho Ya ssi? Uh… Could we have a few minutes?”

“Sure. Do as you please.”

Song seonsaengnim nervously walks to Howon, who is pretty much stunned with what he heard.

“Look… Ho Ya ssi. I know dancing is not your specialty and this won’t give you any score or bonus but…” He then bows, shocking all of us. He even goes as far as grabbing Howon’s sleeve and says, eyes becoming bigger. He continues with a cutesy voice. “I beg you. Please try your best to dance. I really need this job! If you failed, I might lose this job.” Wow, a thirty-year-old with dancer muscle is using aegyo. It is really disturbing.

But I do pity him. He is really losing his self-dignity on this.

“Yes… Song seonsaengnim. I… Uh you can let me go now. I’ll try my best.”

---------

“You may start now Hoya ssi.” Changmin oppa says.

The music starts. I don't know the name of this song but it's an upbeat one. Howon quickly get in the beat. And do some… some fancy moves.

Ok. I’m at dancing. There’s no way I understand his moves or make professional comments on them.

At least I can see unnie, oppas, Song seonsaengnim and some of the ones good at dancing react positively. I’m sure this means Ho Won’s dancing is really good.

---------

“Ho Ya ssi, what do think about joining the superior group? You can develop your skill even more.” Seonsaengnim says happily, obviously means that they “accept” him.

“No thanks seonsaengnim. I still have lots of work in the student council. So…”

“I understand. But the group will always welcome you.”

Personally, I feel it’s a shame that Ho Won didn’t agree. He could’ve joined were it not for his current image.

 “Mr. Song, students, our job here is done. Goodbye everyone.”

All of us say “Goodbye” to them. Before they all go, Hyoyeon unnie gives me a wink. Seriously?

“Not so good huh? What was that then?”

He sheepishly smiles at me. Aw… I’m really weak before cuteness.

“You know, you’re really, really cute.” I say, using a babyish voice. “Oh, oh sorry. It… kinda slipped.”

Ho Won’s POV

“That’s… ok.” I say, still blushing though I try to calm myself. I feel my heartbeat increases rapidly.