24

Into their lives, again

Sunggyu’s POV

“…”

“Look, I know we are both unhappy with this. But either you work with me or be captured by them ok?” I say to Woohyun when I just can’t stand his attitude no more. Sure, he has a strong hatred for me, like how I have one for me. But if he keeps grunting and refusing to work with me, we’re bounded to be caught.

Just the thought of it pisses me off. We’re not from MBC! I’ve never heard of it, not even once. What’s worse is that the people outside (I’m pretty sure some of them are from this “MBC”) confirmed it themselves, still the Walkers group members aren’t convinced. I remember the man on the speaker said something “I know you guys too well. Pretending is your game.” or something like that.

“Wow. You told me off yet you’re the one spacing out now.”

Can this boy, no, anyone from INFINITE not keep giving me stress or anger? I swear, my so call “grumpiness” or “oldness” (Yes, Jiae told me what INFINITE members said and how some students thought about me) all come from them.

“Oh shut up. Anyway, that’s the whole plan. Wanna said anything more?”

“Even if I do, you’ll ignore it anyway. So why bother? And for your information, I only follow that stupid plan because we need to get out of this of this [censored] place unnoticed AND stop having this kind of pose with you.” Yeah, he’s right. I don’t want to be in this position any longer. Somehow, when we ran away from the Walkers, you know, when all of us got separated, me and this [censored][censored] both headed to the same clothes shop, ended up running to the same changing booth. Now, as I got in second earlier, I’m standing in front of him with my body very close to him (blame it on the narrow space in here), my back against his chest, his arms around my waist (Well kinda. His arms were actually on the walls when I came running in and it made them stuck, with one each side until I go out). The most horrible thing is that I can actually feel his lips and breathe on my neck. It’s so [censored] uncomfortable. I just want to run out of this place ASAP, but the girl from the Walkers who’s standing right outside prevents me from doing so.

“You think I want this too? Why the [censored] would I even be this close to you, not to mention being in this position?” Sure, I… have imagined this couple of times, but with me in his place and… Jangmi in mine. Not this.

Dongwoo’s POV

“Get your [censored] hand off my !” Hoya turns around and shouts it in my face. Well, not really. Just says in a low volume but with a harsh tone.

“Ok, no need to make such a fuss. I just accidentally touched your “precious” when I tried to put my hands on that thing.”

“Who knows? You could have done it on purpose. Come on, everyone of us knows your .”

“You-“ No Lee Dongwoo. Hold it in. Don’t explode in this situation. You can get him later. Phew~ This is why I hate him so much. This [censored] is always acting as a “serious, shy, quiet” angel but he’s actually a- No! Don’t. Calm down Dongwoo. “Just because I was a bit… touchy like that when I was a kid, doesn’t mean I have a ok. And it was a long time ago. Everything’s changed!” Yeah, everything…

Anyway, we have to keep walking soundlessly before that male Walkers member notices us sneaking right behind these statues and plants. Oh, an open space coming… Not a large gap. We could quickly run over there. Wait, did I just say “we”? No, I meant I. Why would I care for him?

Agh~ Yeah yeah. He reached the next statue. Good for him. But he doesn’t have to have that smug, teasing face like that. I can run fast if I want to too. I just… dozed off a bit. Right, let’s show him.

Yes, nearly the-

…This is awkward… Isn’t this the pose when a male catch a female from falling? And… whoa~ I’ve never noticed how… disgusting this thing is. His face isn’t even half as handsome as mine! There’s nothing good to stare at.

“Right… thanks.” I quickly say as I stand up properly. Oh~ It was a skateboard… How the heck did that skateboard get in this ancient Greece themed area?

“Uh… It’s nothing. I just… don’t want you to make a loud sound when you fall down, so that man could hear us.” I knew it. There’s no way he cares about me.

Sungyeol’s POV

So unfortunate. How come I had to be here, in a [censored] sweet shop, with that [censored] eating machine? Just the mere sight of these candies has made him drool. Just look at him!

“I would appreciate it if you just stop looking at these candies as if they were your long-lost siblings and help me come up with a plan to get away from here.” Of course, he glares at me. Even as a kid, he always showed an obvious dismay to whoever interrupted him from spazzing over food. It’s much worse now due to his “cold city boy” image and his hatred for me.

He looks like he’s ready to pound on me any moment, but holding it in. Good, I thin- WTF!?

“Seriously?”

He doesn’t say anything back. Well, he’s too busy eating what he just bought (He did put some money on the counter for it).

…Ok, this is stupid. Someone from the Walkers is just outside the hallway, walking around to search for us and he has time for this? Unbelievable.

…That’s it!

“So delicio- …”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“…AHHH!!! The [censored] are you doing!?”

“Shh~ Be quiet! Remember a Walkers member is standing right outside.”

“Fine~ But what was that for!? Gross!”

“Yeah. You think I enjoyed having my face just three inches from yours, staring at your fugly face?” Never in a millio- no, in an infinite year would I admit he’s actually more handsome than me… No, erase it from your memory ASAP! “I wouldn’t have done that if you had helped me think of how to go pass you-know-who.”

“You could’ve told me to.” Like how I have nearly an hour ago? Yeah… “Ugh! This chocolate bar is contaminated by your mouth.” Of course, he throws it away hesitantly. Normally, he would never do that. He loves food to death. I’m pretty sure he would even eat what’s on the floor (at least he uses the five-second rule). Not really something to be proud of, but it’s a different thing when it’s us INFINITE, especially me.

Sungjong’s POV

“Uh… I guess we’re the lucky ones among all of us.” Jangmi says.

“Yes, of course.” Sure, being the only pair that doesn’t have any of them following (Let’s face it. Eight of us, meaning four pairs and three of them. It’s inevitable). And it’s especially lucky for me to pair up with Jangmi. YES!

…Come to think of it. I remember when some Walkers members, three to be exact, chased us. I think I saw Sunggyu and Woohyun ran the same way, Dongwoo and Hoya while Sungyeol and L head the same direction… Unfortunate for them… Happen to pair up with the person they hate the most (in INFINITE and you know how bad it is)… Serve them right for all those times they made me do things just because I’m the maknae.

“Uhm… Do you know where we are? I just randomly ran as quickly as I can and, it’s only the third time I’m here. I think we need to know where we are so we can make a good plan to escape the mall, all of us.” All of us? Oh, she meant her and the whole INFINITE. They’re stuck somewhere here too, not to mention being hunted down (a bit exaggerating I admit). I wonder if they’re- No, I’m not worrying about them! I just… I just…

Your POV

Sungjong seems a bit dazed. What’s he thinking about?

Well, we’ve gotta make a plan to escape here anyway. Think. Think. Think…

Wait, I still have my phone! I must call unnies. I think they’ve mentioned something about the MBC once (I don’t know what that is). They should have a way to contact them and help us out of here.

---------

“Are you sure you fine Dollie? Don’t worry. We’re coming back ASAP. Tae unnie has already-”

“No, no Sica unnie. You don’t have to. Not like we’re fighting them. We’re just trying to escape the mall.”

“No. It’s very dangerous. The Walkers is one of the most dangerous vampire groups out there. We’re going back and that’s final.” And she hangs up…

I don’t want to bother them though.

“So, you call Park Myungsoo-nim and I call the others?” Sungjong asks. Yeah, that’s basically my plan, at least that’s the first step. “Ok.” Wow, bless you mobile phones’ creator.

Author’s POV

“Have we identified who’s in the mall?” Myungsoo asks another MBC officer.

“No sir.”

He sighs. Still nothing.

That only makes him angrier with how stubborn the Walkers is. He’s confirmed that none of MBC officers has broke in, so the people inside must be normal, unrelated citizens and they must be released. But the man on the speaker said “You think we’ll fall for that. How many times have you people snuck in places or gone undercover?”

He suddenly feels his phone vibrates.

“What!?”

“Uh… Park Myungsoo-nim. I’m… uh… I’m one of the people inside the mall right now an-”

“Oh, you are?” He shouts. He then gestures some officers to come near and also Wonsoo to get closer. One of them connect a speaker to his phone so all of them can hear you perfectly. “Good. Now, be come. Don’t panic. Don’t panic! I know you’re scared right now but, don’t panic. You have to keep calm ok? I know you’re really scared and want to-”

“Myungsoo-nim… I’m perfectly calm right now. Can we go to the next stage?”

“Oh, alright.” He says, while glaring at the people who are stiffing their laughter. “First, could you tell us your name so we can identify you and contact your family?”

“Uh yeah. I’m Kim Jangmi. You don’t have to contact my family. They’re coming actually. And you should know them. My unnies are SNSD.” He sure knows them. After all, SM and MBC are quite good partners. “And the rest… There are seven of them and they’re Lee Sunggyu, Lee Dongwoo, Lee Woohyun, Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol, Lee Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong. Their father is Lee Jungyeop-nim, the CEO of Woollim.”