21

Into their lives, again

Your POV

 “Welcome to The Last Meal café of class 12G.” A boy politely greets us. So, this café has a uniform: a white button-up shirt with it sleeves rolled up and tight coffee-colored pants for both genders. Pretty simple and neat.

“Hello, we’d like a table of eight.” I tell him, so he can arrange the seats for us.

“A table of eight!” He turns around a bit and shouts. Some students, also from this class of course, quickly pull some desks together to make a big table for us, with some chairs. “Please come this way.” He guides us to that table. Whoa~ I didn’t expect this. His shirt, at the behind, has a sewed word of “Enjoy <3”. It stands out a lot, with its bright red color and the decorating rhinestones around it.

---------

“Here you are.”

“Thanks Ga Yoon unnie.”

“No prob Jang Mi. Enjoy~ Nice outfit by the way. And your new hair is pretty too.”

I take a sip from my Cappuccino. Hm~ Perfect, even more with this tasty Strawberry shortcake.

Suddenly, I remember that scene from the Haunted Room, which makes me laugh.

“Uh… Is there something Jang Mi?” Dong Woo asks me.

“No, nothing. Just…” Just remember that. I can’t even… “Remember how that “Charon” asked us for 1600 won (200 for each person) to pass the “river”? It sure was funny. They really tried to earn more didn’t they?” Of course, they can’t actually put a real river in there. It was just a light blue barrier that only can be opened by the “Charon”. My God, that was epic.

Hm~ So Tasty!

Huh, they look pale… Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it. I think that Haunted Room really scared them. Oh, they kinda look pitiful right now. I think I should’ve used something more basic. Like witches and dead bodies basic.

But I have no regret. It’s so worth it. I mean, I’m completely contented with how they keep clinging to each other in that room, despite quickly separating after we’ve done with it. But it’s a start. And that shows they still have a sense of security for each others. Like how… ok, I don’t remember who but someone really did tell me that in an unconscious state, people would show their true feelings and emotions. That’s enough for me. I only need a firm start, like that. The rest… I have endless plans for that. One way or another, I’ve gotta bring them back together.

“Jang Mi… You weren’t scared? Not at all? You look so… calm.”

“No. I’ve never been the one scared of supernatural creatures like that.” Maybe the fact that my unnies are angels and I’ve seen some of their works (Some are pretty… unpretty) helps. Or the fact that I’m in someway, a supernatural creature too. “Besides, I look calm pretty much all the time, even when I smile or when I’m down. See this smile? I’m trying to smile naturally but it always ends up as a polite one. I don’t know, my expressions are like that. You know, at least I’m better that someone my unnies know. I don’t remember his name but it’s a Chinese name. And he’s… even worse than me.”

“But you still have a pretty smile.”

“Thanks, I know. But I still want to have a more natural smile. Like a really happy one, like Dongwoo’s or Sungyeol’s, or a cute one like yours, Sungjong. Maybe even a dorkish smile like one of Myungsoo.”

Myung Soo’s POV

Ugh… Not again. My cheeks are burning, and even worse, in front of the whole INFINITE. Gotta keep it down. Gotta-

Wait, I’ve never smiled like that in front of her. No, scrap that. I’ve never done that once after noona left us. And I’m sure all of INFINITE has realized that by now, seeing their faces. They look at me, hinting “You have given her a dorkish smile?” Of course, I shake my head, denying. So how…?

“Wait, L ssi has a dorkish smile?” Suddenly, someone else, a different female voice, says.

…Lillian ssi…

“My God. That’s so the headline for tomorrow reports!” She exclaim. Uh oh. Everyone knows the photography club always has a really tight relationship with the journalism club. As the head of photography club, she would definitely do that. No, what if that gets out and-

“No, I just… assume so. You know most people who are the silent types would definite shows a different side when times come.” Jangmi quickly saves me. Phew… “And unnie… Why are you here?”

“Oh! The reporting club is doing a Halloween special, and they asked me to do an interview with the one whose costume is the best to me. And guess what, it’s you! Your outfit is so~ pretty, yet still original.”

“But I’ve seen some better ones, like IU ssi’s-”

“It’s not original.”

“How about Taecyeon ssi’s outfit. It’s very-”

“It’s an fashion disaster. So you’re the best option.”

I agree with her. Jangmi really looks stunning today, not that she doesn’t normally.

“Fine…”

Your POV

I agree with her. I mean, I’m used to this, being interviewed I mean. In my old school, the journalism club did it all the time to complete my profile for my fans. Sometimes, I do feel like an idol. That may sound cool, but trust me, it’s actually extremely weird.

“First, you full name and your birthday, birthplace.”

“Kim Jangmi. Born on January 19th 1995, in Seoul.”

“Wait, I thought you’re in grade 11th.”

“I skipped two grades. I shipped one in my 3rd grade and another in my 6th grade.” Everyone, including the waiters (how the heck did they hear us) and INFINITE looks at me in awe. Why they always have that expression when I tell them this? “Oh BTW, sorry guys. You can go without me. Seems like she’s got lots of questions left for me.”

“No, it’s ok. We can wait.” Sunggyu assures. I’m planning to thank him but unnie take the chance to take a photo of us. I bet it for the OTP’s fans again.

“Blood type?”

“O.”

“That explains your friendly attitude and your humor. Fave color. Fave food. Fave animal.”

“Pink. Sweet things like milk, cake, etc. Cats.”

“My God, a fellow pinkaholic! And you have a sweet tooth huh? Ok, your measurement.”

“Uh… In the medical check recently… 170.2 cm and 49.6 kg.”

“…Wow~ you’re really tall. Oh, no wonder I’ve never seen you in high heels.”

“Yeah, I’ve never wear them.”

“Ok… do you have a fave fashion style.”

“Uh… I like skirts, especially pencil skirts. I like their elegance and feminine. And… I enjoy simplicity actually. And I like lace clothes. Of course, I love wearing pink.”

“Me too! Aw~ We’re so alike. Hey, do like lacey clothes right? So, is that applied to your underwear too?”

Ok… What!? She really just asked me that? What the-

Her hands on my …

Her hands on my …

HER HANDS ON MY !?

“Okay, it was difficult to feel it through your dress but I managed. So… like lacey clothes, including underwear… Or, and I must add “D” to your measurement… BTW, how do you get that large?”

“…I don’t know…” This is honestly awkward. She acts like INFINITE isn’t here. Not to mention the surrounding waiters. Now they can’t even look at me face to face. And… some are even covering their noses.

“Ok. Fave flowers. Fave smell. Fave number. Fave movie. Fave song. Fave-”

“Let’s just stop there. I love roses.” I honestly love that flower, not because it’s my name ok? “Guerlain L'Heure Bleue is my fave perfume line. I’m actually using it but I only apply a bit. I hate strong smell. I want to keep it soft. My favorite number is seven. I really like the movie “Paranormal”. Yes, it’s a horror movie. And I have lots of fave songs. The most recent one is Perfect by P!nk. Please skip all the faves thing, ok?”

“Sure. Your ideal boyfriend and your ideal date.”

“Hm… I don’t really have an ideal boyfriend. Someone who is both nice and cunning?” I know my standard is weird. “An ideal date… I’m not sure. I think I’d love a classic romantic date with some surprises.”

“Ok…” Wow~ Her writing’s speed is no joke. “Now, please look at the camera and make a cute pose. Aegyo! Lots of aegyo!”

“Aegyo? But I’m terrible at that. And what’s it for?”

“Fan service.” I think she’s hinting someone something, and I think that someone is INFINITE. I’m not sure why though because the only reason I can come up with is impossible. “Well, you can do a classic peace sign with a nice smile then.”

Ok. But I don’t want to be boring…

Oh, I make two peace signs from my hands and put it on top of my head, making me a bunny. I slightly lean over the right and smile.

“Aw~ You look so pretty! Kay, thanks. Bye.”

----------

“And the Halloween queen of today is…” The MC trails off. This time, I really wish I wouldn’t be me again. It’s always me in my old school. “Kim Jangmi!” …Dang it!

“Kim Jangmi! Kim Jangmi!” The crowd cheers. Gosh, this is so~ embarrassing.

“Please give it for our Halloween queen, Kim Jangmi!” The MC says it again. Haiz~

“Of course, we all know what time it is. Time for our king and queen to choose someone to have the first dance of tonight.” Seriously, this is Halloween, not a prom. Why- Wait, I have to choose someone?

Obviously… I must choose a boy. But among INFINITE, I don’t know who to choose. I really want to choose one of them though.

But who?

I look at them. I think they know what’s I’m thinking.  They all straighten their backs and fix their outfits. They all look anticipated and hopeful. Ah… ottoke?

“And our queen’s partner is…” My turn already? No, ottoke?

“5…4…3…” Wait! Wait!

“2…” I’m sorry guys.

“Lillian Jung!” I randomly call out unnie’s name.

“Uh… Sorry Jangmi ssi. Our king Wooyoung has chosen her. Please choose someone.”

“Uhm…” Wait, so girls count? Yes! “Ryu Hyoyoung.”

---------

“This is strange… I’ve never imagined being burned by guys’ stares before.” Hyoyoung tells me.

“I’m sorry. I don’t have much of an option.”

“No, it’s ok. I understand. It’s hard to choose among seven guys huh?”

“…That obvious?”

“Yes. Even INFINITE knows that themselves. See?”

I pretend to change position with Hyoyoung in the dance to take a look at INFINITE. True to her words. Even from this place, I can literally feel the atmosphere there. And I can tell you this, it’s super tense there.

The songs stops. Finally… And really, who decided to use a song like song “Bbi Ri Bba Bba” for ballroom dance?

 

I quickly approach INFINITE.

“Hi guys. Hey, how about a dance? All of us?”

“Uh… no thanks Jangmi. It’s only interesting to dance without them. Sorry.” Sunggyu says. The rest gives out the same answer, no matter what I say…

But, I thought they were fine, not really but… At least they’d accept before.

What happened? I thought things were going fine.