So...

Into their lives, again

Your POV

"All done. How would you like to pay miss?"

"Are credit cards accepted here?" Taking his nods as my cue, I give him my card and punch the pin code. And if you're wondering, it's from my own money. Working as an intern for appa's company pays really well. I know, it might be due to my appa's influence. But hey, I work hard too. And it's still my money.

By the way, if you're wondering what I'm paying for that makes me explain so much, it's a reservation at a famous restaurant near ETS. It's for Baejin and Block B, a surprise for them actually. To make up for what I've done, I secretly told both sides the story of how Block B and I pretended to be dating to make Baejin jealous and how Baejin accepted to date Woohyun to get over them. However, they haven't made any effort to talk to each others yet due to their shyness. So... considering this as I'm creating a perfect condition for that.

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Please make sure they don't leave their seats after they've finished dinner."

"Yes miss."

Suddenly my phone rings. It's a video chat request, from Sungjong. Of course I accept it.

"Annyeong noona~"

"Hello guys~ Are you guys in the practice room? If you are busy practicing then..."

"No noona. We called you remember? We're actually done for the day and are heading home. Are you free today noona? Can we go to your house to hangout today?"

"Sure. But I'm a bit far away so if you might have to wait for a bit."

----------

Taeyeon's POV

"I can't believe we forgot to bring the keys."

"Stop talking and climb in!"

"Quickly! If someone sees us they will surely think we are thieves."

...We got in, finally!

"To be honest, I'm glad we can enter the house through the second company. But... wouldn't this make us vulnerable to thieves..."

"Hey... There's lights downstairs... Do you think Jangmi's... home?"

"... Great. All this time and we didn't even bother to check if someone's home or at least call her?"

"I'm hungry Nana-ah~"

"...Yeah, I guess it's almost time for lunch already. Let's head down to the kitchen."

Just as we reached the bottom of the stairs, we hear talking.

"So that's why you avoided us the last few days noona?"

"Why what?" Seo speaks up. Of course. She's always worrying over Jangmi. But to be honest, we are curious too.

...

After hearing her explanations, we understand it all.

But for one thing.

"So you just... give up Block B, I mean, Zico? That doesn't sound like you, at all. You never give up." I ask her.

"Wel... It's just the right thing to do eonni. I mean, it's ok. The drawbacks of being not completely human aren't really that bad."

"If that's your choice Jangmi."

"But... are you sure noona. I could help you to..."

"No Woohyun. I told you, I'm just alright. Besides... What's the point of being human if you can't freely choose things for you life?"

----------

...What just happen?

I look around and see the rest of SNSD look as dazed as I am... Did we just pass out?

...Where's Jangmi? And these boys too?

"Uggh..." Some of us groan in pain.

"Hey, where's Jangmi?" Someone speaks up, asking the very same question I have. I think it's Fany or Yoong.

"I don't... I don't know. Nana-ah, can you call her?"

"...Sure."

Your POV

The ride is very quiet. Too quiet. After that they suddenly just ask me to come to their home and don't say anything else. It's a bit stuffy in here.

"Excuse me... I have a phone call. Can I take this?"

"Sure. I'll stop the car so you can hear it in private." Normally I'll turn down the offer. But I don't think he would take a 'no', especially he might or might not be angry with me. "Don't worry noona. I'll just stop the car in front of that shop over there. We will buy some thing while you're taking the phone call."

Silently thanking the boys, I press the accept button. It's Nana eonni. She asks where I am and what happened. I guess they really can't remember.

...It's probably best not to tell them.

"I'm with INFINITE eonni. And about why you can't remember... I don't know." I try to make my voice as natural as possible. "Hm... I'm guessing that eonnideul was so exhausted that you passed out and can't remember much of what had happened before that. I mean, the moment I leave the house, eonnideul were still awake. Look a bit sleepy but still awake."

"Oh... Probably... I mean, it was a long trip and we had jetlag..."

Good, they bought it.

***Flashback

"Uhm... I know these noonadeul are angels and all... But are their eyes supposed to glow like that?"

"No... this is the first time for me too."

"Rose Williams Charles." My full name? It's like... years since I last hear it. And why does Sunkyu eonni's voice sound so... monotone? "Congratulation. You have passed the human test and now are qualified to become fully human."

"Wait... what!?" Dongwoo shouts out the same thing in my head.

"What's the 'human test'? How come I've never heard of it?" I speak up. Really! Not even once did I hear about it. Eonnideul didn't say anything about it too. And mind you, they tell me everything there is about the angel world.

"The human test is how we judge if something is qualified to be fully human since 300 A.D. The content of the test changes every period. During your period, it was voted to be 'independence'."

"...Can you give us more detail?"

"Independence is the state of not being influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc... In your case, you passed the test by choosing to be independent about your love life, not being affected by our fake test."

"Fake test? You mean... the true love thing?"

"Yes. We decided to test you by lying to you about the condition that you can only turn fully human by falling in love with your destined lover(s). We angels have no right or power over that matter. Even if we do, we wouldn't do so because we angels only help human world, not controlling it."

I clench my fists. All this time I've been stressed out over nothing? I...

But then, I look to my left. INFINITE looks even more shocked than how I should be. And then I suddenly think... Maybe they are right. Independence is really why I wished to become human. And if they have told me about the test, I would've gone crazy trying to pass it like how I did with the fake one.

"Alright then... But..." I remember something. "Why did my necklace really glow?"

"That we don't know. It might have been an illusion or due to some other elements. The necklace is really just a normal silver necklace. It has absolutely no power."

"And eonnideul... I know it's your jobs but... you never told me about this?"

"We are not SNSD. We are in fact automatic mechanics whenever somebody passes the test. We are directly connected to their host angel family. When one passes the test, we are activated to answer all their questions about the test. The host angel family themselves have no idea about the true nature of the human test. They only have the duty of taking care of the one who are taking the test."

"That explains why your tones are so different then."

"Yes. Now please stand still so the process of turning you into a complete human can begin."

***

So yeah. Now you know the whole story.

I guess I can finally move on from all the stress I've been having all these days... I mean, not like I hadn't before the transformation. I did the moment I decided to let Block B and Sunmi together. But now...

"Are you done with the call noona?"

...Not all the stress perharps. I still have to talk with INFINITE.

----------

"Sit down noona. Can you wait a minute? We need to do something real quick."

"Uhm... Sure! Go ahead."

My God, what should I do? What can I say to make them not mad/disappointed in me? (Assuming they are due to the behaviours).

"Noona?" I look up. "We have something for you." And they give me a small gift box... Wait, a gift box?

"Why?"

"Just open it and you'll see why noona."

A silver infinity necklace? What?

"Noona." Huh?

"...I know it's rather soon. But..."

"Would you be our girlfriend?"

...

"No. I'm sorry."


I have been making subtitles for Weekly Idol these days. It's fun. Tiring but fun. I love the show.