15

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Wow Jangmi, look like you’re really popular. I mean, L ssi was really popular, and you have even more gifts a day than him a week!” Hyun Ah unnie teases me. Come on, not like I ask people to right? Oh, Hershey Chocolate. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“What makes you say so unnie?” I ask, smilling.

“Your smug look. You don’t even bother to hide it!”

It’s that obvious? Aw~ This cat plushie is so cute~ So fluffy~

“So you never do aegyo for anyone, but you do it for plushies?”

“What unnie?”

“Never mind~”

L’s POV

Ji Ae was right. If I pretend to sleep on my desk, nobody will notice me taking glances at Jang Mi ssi. Uh oh, I can feel the heat from my cheeks. Aw… I’m so happy I decided to give her that stuffed cat. She looks so cute playing with that!

I wish I have the guts to talk to her. But I really can’t! I’m sure if I do, I’ll blush so hard and stutter a lot. I pout mentally. Ottoke?

Author’s POV

“Good morning everyone. Please sit down.” Mr. Jameson, your English teacher says. “I see a new face. Ms. Kim Jang Mi I assume?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Good, I’m so glad you join us. Everyone, please turn to page 38… Anyone volunteer to read the paragraph? No one? Right, Then I’ll choose one. Ms. Jang Mi, how about we hear you speak English.”

You calmly stand up and read. It’s really a piece of cake for you, considering you originally came from Britain. Although you haven’t visited Britain, not even once for ages, your English still is as good as before due to continuous practices.

“Good job. And it’s rather interesting that you have a London accent just like me. It’s really rare, no, it’s the first time I have listened to such accent from a Korea student.”

“Uh… Thank you Mr. Jameson. I’m… I actually lived in London when I was very young.”

“Oh, I see. Well, I can also see that we’re going to have a really fun time ahead. You may sit down Ms. Jangmi… Anyway, as you have read, we’re learning about arts, different kinds of arts, starting from this lesson. And of course, as you should know at every beginning of a topic, I’ll assign you for a project. What you have to do for this project is: in groups of six or seven, do a thoroughly research on a specific topic, all a type of arts. I also expect you to do an interview or someone with broad knowledge on it. Now, I’ll randomly choose six students for a group, seven if necessary. We have thirty-two students right? So we’ll have three six-member groups and two seven-member groups. First group…”

Your POV

Wow, I didn’t expect my teacher to come from London like me. I’ll definitely have fun at this class.

“Kim Hyuna, Jang Hyuk Jin, Ryu Hwa Young, Kim Jang Mi, Lee Ji Eun, Lee Myung Soo.”

Huh? Me and Myungsoo in a group? Wow~ We’re working together!

“Now, each group’s members please sit together and choose a representative to pick your group’s topic.”

---------

“So L ssi, what do we get?” Ji Eun ssi eagerly asks. She is really bubbly, like what I heard from students.

“Theater. Acting to be specific.”

“Acting? So I guess we can do an interview with Song seonsaengnim… Hey, let’s stay after school to do the interview. Anyone has problem with it?” I suggest. Hey, don’t judge me. Even when I’m the youngest here, I’m sure nobody would have problems with me leading them, right? I mean, I’m pretty much the most mature one here...

Anyway, seems like everyone agrees with my idea.

“Ah… I know someone from the acting club. I can ask her if Song seonsaengnim is available.”

“Good idea IU ssi.” Myung Soo says. Oh yeah, I don’t know why but at school, Ji Eun ssi is called “IU”. I think it’s a pretty nice nickname.

---------

“What!? Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how hard it was to persuade the filming crew? Now I have to-”

“Gotta go unnie. We’re starting. Bye unnie.” I say and hang up the phone as soon as possible. Phew… I don’t think I can take more of Soo Young unnie’s nagging. I still have to deal with it at home though…

“Excuse me seonsaengnim, could we-” Hyuna unnie politely asks, but soon stop when Song seonsaengnim puts a finger on her lips, signaling us to be quiet.

“So you won’t attend our practice today? …No, it’s ok. I understand… Get well soon.” She then signs.

“Is there something seonsaengnim?” IU ssi, a nice person she is, asks her.

“It’s nothing. Just one of our club’s members is sick, so he can’t take part in our practice today. It would be quite hard for us. He plays the main character of this story, a serial killer.”

It’s hard to notice, but I feel Myungsoo slightly reacts when he hears the word “serial killer”. Oh right, he has always wanted to have that role, at least that’s what he wants as a kid. Probably due to the influence from those horror movies (not necessary a good thing I must say).

Ha! This gives me an idea.

“Seonsaengnim, if you don’t mind…” I speak to her in private (not really, just not letting others hear), gaining her attention. “L ssi can stand in for that student. I heard he has potentials.”

Apparently, she agrees with my idea. She checks Myungsoo out (not in that way!) and smiles.

“L ssi, would you mind acting as the main character? You wouldn’t need to do much, just read the script and pose a little for some scenes, so our students can practice their lines.”

“Uh…” He hesitates. But knowing Myungsoo too well, I’m pretty sure he’ll agree. He’s like Howon, very sympathetic towards others and easily leaded (again, not necessary a good thing). “Uh… Sure.” And I’m always right.

---------

“L ssi, are you sure you don’t have any interest in our club?” Seonsaengnim asks Myungsoo for the tenth time (exaggerating of course). I understand. She can see he’s gifted. How he read the lines with so much… feelings (I’m not major in acting mind you) and his face shows so much emotion, especially his eyes.

Obviously, he denies the offer. Seriously, it’s getting frustrating how they keep pretending to not enjoy what they really like. What I’ve done checking if they’re still the same deep down inside, I’ll move on to the next mission: find out why they became like this.

“Oh, it’s five already. I’m sorry for making you all stay at school this late.”

“No, it’s ok seonsaengnim.” Hyukjin ssi says. “We’ve got what we came for anyway: an interview with you. Besides, we also filmed how students practice as a reference. I’m sure Mr. Jameson would be pleased with this.”

“Yeah. We also see L ssi’s acting. It’s really enjoyable.” IU ssi happily says.

“Uh huh. His acting is really, really good.” Hyuna unnie also praises him.

I don’t need to look at Myungsoo to know what his reaction would be. He would surely turns his head away, trying to hide his pink face and pretend like he’s got his eyes on something. He has always been acting cold and distant like this, even when he was a kid in front of strangers. Only me and the whole INFINITE know he’s actually a very cute and shy person. And dorky too, especially when it comes to food…

I’ll test it out someday.

Myung Soo’s POV

As I hear people’s compliment on me, I blush. Oh no, I can’t let them see me like this. So I turn my head and act like the camera in front of me is very interesting.

“L ssi.” Jang Mi ssi calls me. Oh no, ottoke? Act cool Lee Myung Soo. Act cool.

“Yes?”

“I just want to say you back there, was really good.” I lower my head, pretending to cough. I’m sure if I look at her, I’ll blush madly. “And thanks for showing me around the other day. Uh… It’s late now, so goodbye.” She says, then bows.

As I watch her from behind, my heart rate increases. Gosh, this feels so much like when noona was with me.

Oh no, snap out of it Lee Myung Soo.

Haiz… I should call Mr. Jung to take me home.