20

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Dollie! Wake up! Don’t you have a Halloween fair to attend?” Na Young unnie shouts in front of my and Tiffany unnie’s room door. Seriously?

“Nana unnie, you do realize that I always wake up before you right?” I say from behind me back. I see her jump in shock. Figure.

“Oh… You’re awake. So… uh, go brushing your teeth and get cha- You have, haven’t you?”

---------

“Unnie, what do you think Jang Mi would dress up as?” I hear Hwa Young unnie ask Hyo Young unnie. Oh there they are.

“Hey!” I call them. When they turn around and look at me, their eyes widen in shock. What?

“My God. Jangmi, you look stunning!”

“And sparkling.”

“Thanks girls. But honestly… do you think this is too much? I feel like my Rose-elf costume is a bit over the top. I mean… I don’t know. I just got the idea from the story. A bit crazy isn’t it?”

“No, not at all… What’s a Rose-elf?”

Well, it’s not as famous as some other stories by Anderson after all.

“Nice outfit too you girls.” Though not really Halloween material. I mean, Native America and a mental hospital patient? They look pretty at least. Besides, Halloween for ETS students is a chance to wear what they want anyway. And she looks cute.

“Oh good, Hyo Young and Hwa Young, hi!” IU says. “And Jangmi, nice outfit. BTW, here’s your armband and the flyers. Now, we just wait for L ssi to arrive and you two can go.”

Oh yeah, have I mention every school year, classes take turns to open stores, shops… basically anything that earn profits. Our class’s turn is in Halloween. We had a vote last week and decided to sell handmade this year. And the class chose me and Myung Soo as the ones to advertise for our class, in another way, passing flyers and try to talk in customers. I’m pretty sure we were chosen for our looks (and as the “M&M couple”). It’s so obvious.

“Good luck!” The twins cheer me as I go get ready. I roll my eyes. I can tell they’re not only talking about my advertising task.

---------

“Please come by~” I cutely (I tried ok?) say to some boys while handing them the flyers. The boys blush and nod furiously.

“Please come by.” At that time, Myung Soo says expressionlessly to a group of girls while also handing them the flyers. Of course, the girls give out the same reactions the boys.

Wow, our teacher was right. She said me using the cute image and Myung Soo with cold image would be very effective… I prefer the opposite though. Myung Soo in reality is very dorky, a real cutie while I’m actually the cold one. I only smile a lot and talk a lot. But that doesn’t mean I accept them as my friend…

For a moment, I sounded rather harsh there.

“Hello, please co- Oh, hi Sung Yeol. Sung Jong too.” Coincidentally, I see two of them at the same time.

The two brighten up as soon as they see me. After saying “hi”, they give me endless compliments on my look.

“Hello… brothers. I see you don’t have anything to do right now. But we do. And if you excuse us, we still have flyers to pass.” Myung Soo suddenly say, with a rude tone, making the mood become very tense.

Wow, if this was a sitcom scene, there would be some electricity flying between them… Wait, that would be a triangle isn’t it. There are three of them I mean, and neither of them is-

I should stop.

“He’s right. Uh… We still have to do our job. So we should just get going…” I say awkwardly. I really want to stay to talk with Sung Yeol and Sung Jong, but letting they talking within Myung Soo’s presence would just result in… Hiroshima nuclear bomb explosion, figurative of course. So I take Myung Soo’s hand and pull him towards the direction we’re heading earlier.

I come to a stop as I see some students we haven’t talked to. I turn around to tell Myung Soo to approach them with me but… I can’t see his face since he’s lowering his head but I can see his red ears. When I say red, I mean really red, not just normal reddish. Why-

“Hey Jangmi-ah.” Sung Yeol, out of nowhere appears smoothly walk in between me and Myung Soo… Oh, so we were still holding hands. I didn’t notice. “How about me helping you… and my “brother”? I’m not doing anything now.”

“Me too,” Sung Jong quickly adds. Yeah, I’m not surprised anymore since as soon as I see Sung Yeol’s sudden appearance, I know Sung Jong is quickly coming towards us. “I’d help too. My class has worked for Chuseok, so I’m free at the moment.”

“You’re too “kind”. But we don’t want to bother you with this.” Myung Soo says, clearly annoyed.

“But-”

“Ok. We can split these flyers and go around giving students.” I quickly say. I always hate dragging offer-refuse-offer talks. Besides, with the amount of flyers we’re having (we may look like we’re only carrying a few, there’re lots more in my bag), it might talk hours to pass them all. I silently take the ones Myung Soo holding, adding them to the ones on my hand and in my bag, then try to split them into four equal parts. “Here.”

“Ok, Jang Mi. I promise I’ll work hard.” Sung Jong beam. Aw~ cute.

“Kya!!!” There’s screaming, accompanied with flashing sounds from cameras and phones. Haiz… I don’t even need to turn around to know that they belong to students who are fans of my OTPs with INFINITE.

“Let’s just go.”

---------

“Phew… Finally done. All three hundreds flyers have been passed (I counted).

“Hey Jang Mi. Since you’re done here… would yo- you go- go arou- around wi- with me?” Sung Yeol suddenly asks, stutters. Hm… I hope what Tae unnie said isn’t right. Just because INFINITE sometimes blush, stutter or looking nervous, doesn’t mean they have a crush on me right? I mean… They must not!

But hey… why don’t I use this chance to give the boys some bonding time.

“How about we all go together, with Sung Gyu, Dong Woo, Woo Hyun and Ho Ya as well? It would be fun.” No, I can’t let them refuse. “Please? I really think we should.” I don’t actually use aegyo. I just use a childlike begging tone. I love cuteness but I dislike using it ok?

---------

Good thing none of their classes are working today, so Woo Hyun and Ho Won can join us, while Sung Gyu and Dong Woo are university students, so they don't have this activity anymore. Of course, the reactions from INFINITE weren’t so good when I told them we could all go together. Now, we’re heading towards class 11F.

“One way ticket to Hell… Nice name.” Dong Woo comments. Typical, a haunted house on Halloween.

“Childish. Who would be scared of haunted houses like this anymore?” Sung Gyu says. I did expect it, since he’s the most mature one and all. He would definitely try to pull of an image like that. I mentally smirk (I never actually smirk on the outside so nobody would know my sly side. It would be easier for me to fool them this way.) Oh Sung Gyu. I chose this because many students say this haunted house is very scary. You’ll definitely take them back later.

“Eight tickets please.” Woo Hyun talks to the student in charge of this. I notice he looked rather happy at the sight of me. The most likely explanation is that he’s a fan of mine. Not to brag or anything but I have quite an amount of fans myself.

We enter the classroom, or the haunted room for today. Oh~ of course. They’ve put up fake walls to make it up for the rather small square of the classroom (comparing to an actual haunted house).

I turn around to see some INFINITE members (I won’t tell who) look scared and are unconsciously getting closer to the others. Ha! I knew it. The truth is: I planned to use a haunted house to make them scared so they could lean on other members when that happens. Kinda similar to how boyfriends use horror movies to make their girls hug them. I’m not really sure if this would work, but it’s worth a shot.

Out of nowhere, a woman dressed in a camel office suit with a white surgery mask appears. She walks towards us, face seems emotionless. She asks us if she is pretty…

This reminds me of something… Oh~ I know what she is. She’s a…

“Yes, of course you are.” Dong Woo, as kind and polite as he is, answers. I was planning to tell them what they should answer but… Well, let them learn it the hard way.

“Am I pretty now?” She asks while removing her mask and bring out her rusty (or is it blood-stained) scissors. Of course, she has a split mouth. Whoa~ Nice makeup. It seems very realistic!

I hear someone shout like a girl. I’m not sure who he is or who they are, but INFINITE all run away in fear. Anyway, I’m quite satisfied with how they hugged each other, trembling when she took of her mask.

“You’re… you’re not scared?”

“Nope. I’m braver than I look. And nice makeup.” She looks speechless. Hm… “Oh, you want me to pretend that I did believe you’re real? So… You look so so to me.” I say to her and run forwards. I should catch up with INFINITE quickly.

“Huff… Huff…” Ok… Maybe… I shouldn’t… have run… This is… exhausting. Could’ve been worse if I had worn high heels instead of flats.

…They look frozen. Wh- Oh… I can see why. In front of us is a boy… uh, I think he’s supposed to be a cannibal seeing how he’s on the ground, covered with blood (I’m pretty sure it’s fake) and human body parts here and there. He’s acting as if he’s actually eating a hand. Must be someone from the acting club.

“Hey.” I call them from be- What’s the running for? Gosh, I must run again? But, I should keep my image. So… “Hello. Nice acting. Keep on with the good work.” I say to him, which makes him look up. He looks surprised, basing on how he widens his eyes.

“Uh… uh… thanks.” He stutters with a pinkish face. A fan of me again?

Anyway, I must continue running. I make sure I run with a decent pace this time.

“Jang Mi! There you are. I was so worried about you.” Woo Hyun suddenly appears, checking me too see if I’m fine like an umma. Ok… What could happen- Oh yeah, we’re in a haunted room.

“No, I’m ok. Let’s go on.” I tell them to ease the atmosphere. When Woohyun was asking me, I could felt the rests’ burning stares on him.

Oh, there’s a intersection here separated by brick walls (fake brick walls), and an old-style street, uh, destination name sign. Four signs… the one we’ve walked on is the “Gate”… the one on the left is “The River”… the one in the middle is “The Bridge”… and the one on our left is “The End”. Right.

“Hey Jang Mi, let’s go to “The Bridge”!” Sungjong happily says while hooking his name with mine. “It’s usually the middle one that’s right.” Of course, I can’t disagree with him, not with that face… I think someone tried to say something when I agreed to go with Sung Jong. Must be it. I mean, INFINITE is in a very tense situation and the others wouldn’t want to go with- Oh, they are following us… Was I wrong?

“I’m sorry but we don't make “The Bridge” scene yet due to our shortage in space, time and money. Sorry for this inconvenience.

P.S.: If you decided to go this way because of the whole “The middle’s road is often the right one” thing… Stop believing in it. It won’t do you any good. Thanks.”

Speechless, that’s what we are right now. So… we’re trolled in a Haunted room… I love the one who designed this. Well, guess that means we should go another way.

“How about the left one this time. It’s call “The End” right? Maybe that means it’s the exit of this place.” Woo Hyun suggests and I agree, again… Man~ I need to stop agreeing with everything INFINITE do, or at least say my idea. I think I’m spoiling them, in some way. And again, I heard someone saying something as I’m answering Woo Hyun. But the whole INFINITE is using the left road, so I have to dispose that thought.

We reach a dead end. On the wall, there’s a board writing… Oh.

“When we wrote “The End”, it doesn’t mean the exit but the end of your life. OK?

BTW… Look behind you.”

Behind us? What-

“AHHHHHHHHHH!” This time, all INFINITE gives out girlish screams. I understand that. I mean, even I feel it a bit scary. I’m not scared though, just annoyed with the screeching sound.

“What is that!?” Sunggyu shouts while grabbing Woohyun’s and Sungjong’s arms. Now that I notice it, Myungsoo and Sungyeol with Dongwoo and Howon are holding onto each others for their dear lives. Wow, look like they’re really scared of the Teke Teke huh? But I like that. It makes them unconsciously hug.

INFINITE runs away, back to the intersection. Running again? Seriously. This is much more work out I have than three hours doing yoga with Yuri unnie.