28

Into their lives, again

Your POV

“Oh my god. You look fabulous darling! I’m… I’m so proud.”

“Yeah, that’s enough. Thanks but we gotta go.” Soo Young unnie quickly says and pulls me from him and out of the salon.

“What’s the rush unnie?”

“Aw~ Still so prettily cute. And about that. I don’t want he to start a full-on rampage on and try ways to make you agree to be his model. Believe me, he will. That’s why I rarely introduce artists to him even though he’s one of the best… But I agree. It was worth it. You look beautiful. The dress and the hair,

“Thanks unnie. And on time too. I still have two hours before they pick me up.”

“I bet they’ll all fall for you… Oh, sorry.” Yeah, I told unnies that.

“It’s nothing anyway.”

----------

“You- you look beautiful.”

“Thanks. You all look good too. Oh, and you don’t have to be so formal. Just relax.”

“Uh… Of course. We’re- we’re completely… normal. Uh, hop in.” Why so cute Myung Soo-ah?

“Thanks. You guys should come in too.” I take his hand and tell the rest to go inside the limousine. Wow. Its interior looks amazing~ Kind of reminds me of that limousine Mi Sun called to take us to the prom…

Suddenly Ho Ya throws me a small… blanket? I don’t know they have blankets in limousines? Anyway, I give him a confused look, hinting him to explain why.

“It’s for… for… uh, your… uhm…” He has trouble saying it, but keeps looking down. I follow his gaze and finally understand what he meant. I mean, my dress has a pretty short front. I thank him and put it over my lap.

Now there is this awkward silence in the car. Ugh! I hate being awkward!

“Hey, thanks for the earrings Dong Woo. They look great, as expected!” I say that to Dong Woo, hoping the most comedic one in the group would help me create a more… comfortable atmosphere.

“Oh! The one you’re wearing? I’m glad those look good on you. I mean, you’re already pretty but tonight, you look absolutely stunning! Just stunning!”

“Hey, my flats help too!”

“No, your gifts don’t really help. She already looks beautiful. She just makes them look good.”

…Yup, I’m right. That does help breaking the ice. Now they’re just bickering like old friends. Good progress!

…But don’t they have any other topics. This topic is a bit weird. I mean, they’re just talking about me and their late birthday gifts for me Now they’re just bickering like old friends. Good progress!

…But don’t they have any other topics. This topic is a bit weird. I mean, they’re just talking about me and their late birthday gifts for me. Yeah that’s right, late birthday gifts. After that time in COEX mall, they’re quite busy dealing with the press and people’s curiosity (Thank God I’m not from a famous family, I just have friends and students to ask me). So, when I ACCIDENTALLY (Really, I just accidentally mentioned it. I didn’t think they’d react that way), they freaked out and call people to buy them something for me immediately (The one time I see them really use their power and…)

“Young masters, agassi, we’ve arrived.” The chauffeur announces and quickly opens the door for us.

“Thank you.”

Unlike Halloween prom or , not everyone attends Valentine’s Day prom. So the amount of students is actually less, and the whole even is hold in the gym. It’s actually just a simple dance event, but I do enjoy it.

“…Ash unnie, you’re a bouncer?”

“Uh huh. Figure out it’s better this way.” Well, our school allows students to choose whatever they want freely. “Enjoy your night! By the way, I think you should check in with the gift station before you go to the gym, all of you. Don’t want to carry all of those gifts the throughout the dance do we?”

“Sure. Thanks Ash.”

I follow the boys since I can’t tell where the gift station is. You know, every branch (I think) of our school have it on Valentine’s Day. It’s for people who don’t want to give chocolates, flowers or teddy bears… directly. Or they simply want the handcrafting club make beautiful gifts for that someone and give them those gifts I think. I mean, it’s the handcrafting club we’re talking about. Their stuffs are simply amazing.

“Hello. We’d like to check if someone send us gifts.”

“Oh hello. What’s your na- Oh who am I kidding? Of course I know your names! Wait a minute please.” He then proceeds to call someone through his headphone. We then step aside the ones behind us. A moment later, several people come out, bringing wrapped boxes of gifts and flower bouquets. I let all of INFINITE receive theirs first despite their “Gentlemen policy”. Finally I take mine when they’re all done (Took a while actually).

…Uh…

“That’s all for now.”

“…Thank you.”

I can handle this. I can handle this. I can- Dang it!!!

“Don’t worry, we can help you with all of those.”

“No thanks guys. You have lots of them yourselves. I can- Yeah, even I can’t sell it. I really do need some help. But not from you guys. I don’t think you can take on more, even for you guys.”

“We’ll help you.” Some guys appear. I think I recognize two of them from my gym class (my class has gym with two other). Anyway, I’m not gonna deny it, I really need some help. But just to be polite.

“No thank you. I don’t want to bother you guys.” Hope they get that it’s just an expression.

“Actually, we’re from the gift delivery service. Right there, see?” He point to the sign that say “Delivery service is available” right next to me. Oh… Well, thank God there is one, ‘cause I need it desperately.

Suddenly, the DJ speaks on the mic: “Everyone, now it’s the time to grab your partner and move on the dance floor, ‘cause it’s time for a Valentine’s dance.” Hm~ Oh, I know this song, All the right moves by One Republic. I know it well since Mi Sun introduced it to me recently. Besides, the MV was all about ballroom dancing, the one dance I like and have learned for a long time. Actually, that’s the only dance I actually know, decently.

“May I have this dance with you?” Woo Hyun suddenly asks me. As usual, I refuse to. When you only know one kind of dance, and only feel confident with it, you will react like me. “Oh come on. Didn’t you say you liked this song?”

“But ballroom dancing, here?”

“Why not. It’s the perfect song for it. So may I?” He says, with a prince like gesture. Oh~ He looks so silly, yet cute at the same time. Well, nothing to lose so…

Hm~ Seems like he knows ballroom dancing as well. He knows exactly where to put his hands on me (That came out wrong).

I don’t think he really knew ballroom dancing. We’ve only been slow dancing through the song, not exactly ballroom dancing for me. But he looked very happy, so it was ok.

“Hey Jang Mi, may I have a dance with you too?” Sung Gyu politely asks me. Well… I already danced so what?

“You’ve learned ballroom dancing?”

“Just the basic, for one month only. I need it for meetings.”

“Oh…” I think I’ve known that as soon as I see his steps, the basic Waltz movements.

“Oh oh, this looks fun! Jang Mi, can I dance with you too?”

“Sure Sung Jong-ah.”

“So… where do I put my hands? Here?” He asks, while putting his right hand on my hip. Oh~ He’s so cute. He makes me laugh all the time <3

“Actually, I think we can try Swing Dance this time. The song’s upbeat anyway, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy Swing Dance more. It fits your personality.” True. Swing Dance has strong movements, and much faster than many ballroom dances. Although… I’m not good at it, it’s such a tiring dance for my low stamina. But I want Sung Jong to actually enjoy the dance. He’s not the kind that can endure a boring dance.

“Hey Dong Woo~ Don’t. You want a dance too right?” I cut him off before he, obviously, asks me for one dance.

Another song starts. A cute love song. Dong Woo put his hands me, which I’m sure he’s trying to imitate what he saw. But at this point, I don’t really care. We just randomly moves around, kind of a parody of ballroom dancing. Tonight was the most enjoyable Valentine’s Day prom I’ve have, like, ever. At one point of the song, I swing his arm and make me fall into my arms (which I’m surprisingly strong enough to hold). We have a good laugh.

I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder. It’s Ho Won. And we all know what he wants.

But it surprises me, actually I’ve been wondering all night, the boys actually look eased whenever the other asks me for a dance.

…I…

…I… Let me… catch my breath first…

Of course, as a dancer who specialize in breakdancing, he asked me to Swing Dance, professionally. Unlike when I danced with Sung Jong, it was just for fun. But to Swing dance in full force, it’s exhausting!

Dang it. I think I’m gonna faint. Phew~

“Uhm~ can I-”

“That’s all for tonight folks.” The DJ suddenly cut Sung Yeol off. “I hope you all enjoy the dance.”

I turn my attention back on Sung Yeol, and notice that both Sung Yeol and Myung Soo look disappointed. Aw~

“Don’t worry guys. There’s always a next time. Right?”

“Right.” They both answer, still look kinda down. Poor kids…

“How about me singing for you?” Sung Gyu suddenly asks, which shocks us. “I mean, people have not yet all left, and they’re not closing the gym soon. How about I sing, and you two can have a dance with Jang Mi?”

“Is it really ok?” Myung Soo asks. “I don’t want to owe you anything.”

“Sure, I have nothing to do anyway.” I actually have nothing against it, besides I want Sung Gyu to sing anyway. But the two still look hesitant. I think they’re not used to having the other do them a favor.

“I will sing too.” Huh? “I can sing with Sung Gyu too for you guys. So you two had better feel grateful that I sing for you and take the offer.”

Wow~ The incident at the mall was more efficient than I thought. They are surprisingly close right now, to this point. Hm~ I guess it was actually a blessing in disguise.

The two start singing smoothly, voices harmonizing each other. I grab Sung Yeol’s and Myung Soo’s arm and pull them to the dance floor.

----------

“How was the dance Dollie?”

“Stop using that nickname! And it was fun Tae Yeon unnie. In fact, it was the most fun I’ve had in my life.

“Oh~”

“And what about the boys. Did they do, you know, something romantic?” Yu Ri unnie asks, looking mischievous. Of course I know what she’s hinting. I’m not an idiot.

“Unnie! Stop that! Nothing’s happened ok?”