The day I left your life

The Story of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZNTfldxF4

 
Weeks passed and before you knew it, it was almost Jia Li’s first birthday. You were busy preparing for her first birthday this Saturday afternoon. You decorated your whole apartment with lots of pink ornaments and blew up a lot of pink and white balloons. 
 
Junhyung was carrying Jia Li in his arms as he walked to the kitchen where he found you busy cooking food. “Aigo, look at your Mommy all busy. Clearly, too busy for us.” 
 
Jia Li giggled and clapped her hands. You turned around while holding a wooden spoon, and beamed at your beautiful daughter. “Whose birthday is it today? Hm? Whose the special girl for today?” 
 
Jia Li smiled widely and tried to reach for you but Junhyung pulled her back. Junhyung started swirling her around. Jia Li giggled in his arms as she pressed her hands against his cheeks. You can’t help but feel blessed. Although you were unable to attend university, you were not bitter. Jia Li is your life now, and you would do anything to put her first. 
 
You turned back and prepped the dishes for today. 
 
Junhyung and Jia Li were sitting outside playing with the balloons.
 
“Junhyung, you remember to call the BEAST oppas right?” You asked while you scooped out the sauce for jajang myun. 
 
“Of course! They’ll be coming around one,” Jun Hyung answered. 
 
You looked at the time and your eyes did a double take. “Dang!” You screamed. You were running out of time. You were done all the dishes and they were all set, but you had one more thing to do: pick up the birthday cake.  Junhyung peeked in, “What's wrong?”
 
You shook your hands in dismissal and turned off the heat. You hastily took off your apron. Junhyung scooped Jia Li into his arms as he watched you put on your jacket. His eyebrows knitted together seeing you scurry to the door. “Yah! Where you going?” he followed behind you. 
 
“Oppa, the cake!” You winked at him. 
 
“Oh! Yeah… I forgot about that.” Junhyung nodded with a smile. “Come back soon, araso baby?” He leaned in and kissed your cheek. Jia Lia clenched her hands open wanting to hold you, too. You touched her hands gently and smiled. “Mommy will be back.” You curled her hair behind her ear and kissed her cheek.
 
“What about me?” Junhyung pouted. You smiled and planted a wet kiss on his cheek. “Ew…” he rubbed his cheek but truthfully he enjoyed it.  You smiled and waved bye as you closed the door. 
 
Today you will be with the people you love the most. Today is your daughter’s first birthday. You were getting so happy at the thought of everything. You looked at the ring on your finger… that made you feel even more bubbly.
 
It’s weird to even imagine that you now had a fiancé and were about to settle down with him and your babygirl. It felt like just yesterday you were in freshmen year and you had met Junhyung, the cold and quiet boy who kept his distance from you. You smiled to yourself as you entered the bakery. 
 
“Ahh,” said the ahjumma, recognizing you in a heartbeat. 
 
You bowed. “Annyeonhaseyo!’ The ahjumma placed a large box on the front desk. Your eyes widened in shock. “Huh?! Is this for me?!”
 
She nodded with delight. 
 
“That’s so big!” You yelped with surprise.
 
The ahjumma smiled. “I’ve known you since you were little. Now you have your own baby girl, it tingles my heart so I just had to give this little lovely gift.”
 
You bowed 90 degrees, “Thank you! We will eat this well.”
 
She bowed back, pleased.
 
You handed her the money, not caring about the extra change. You took the box and left the bakery with the biggest smile on your face.
 
Jia Li is going to have the best first birthday. She’s going to be the little princess of the day and she can have anything she wants. You couldn’t wait to see your little girl dolled up with the BEAST uncles, and you and Jun Hyung surrounding her. 
 
You were crossing the street when suddenly something dropped from the sky. It fell right in front of your face which distracted you for a second. You paused momentarily to hit it away but in a flash, before you could process what happened, a car slammed right into you. As your body took in the impact, you rolled over the car screen and rolled right back down. The strength of your hands became lost in the painful crash and the cake flew right out of your hands. You felt your body crash into something else before it crashed down onto the cold pavement. A soaring pain seared through your body, all your organs felt like it had been crushed inside. Something wet was dripping down your head, and black spots filled your vision. You could see the person who had hit you; he had ran out of his car, not even glancing back. The warmth in your body was disintregrating and coldness replaced it.
 
People started surrounding you, you could vaguely hear the screams from them, and the mass amount of people shouting to back away. All you could feel was the faint beating of your heart beat. That was when you knew, it was all over. That was when you knew, before you could see Jia Li's life begin, yours had already came to a sharp end.
 
There were a bit of shaking from one side of your body and some faint murmurs.  “Jia… Li,” you whispered. “Jun Hyung… Oppa…” Everything was blurry as the blood blurred your vision, you tried to blink it away but it didn’t work. With your last breath, you managed to croak out, “I love you.” A tear rolled down your cheek before your eyes came to a final close.