The day I met you

The Story of Us

 

 
Right after school, you said goodbye to all your friends, hugged all the infinite oppas and walked hand in hand with L to your new dance class. You were chirping with excitement while L walked silently beside you. His smile was clear as day as he listened to you ramble on and on about how nervous you were. 
 
Once arriving at the building, L gave you a sweet kiss on the lips and wished you good luck on your first day of your dance class. You gave his hand a squeeze before going inside.
 
When you entered the studio you checked in first. You were amazed at how beautiful and elegant it was for a studio. You entered the dance room, but there was no one in sight; not even your dance instructor. 
 
In the corner of the big room, there was an old black piano. Fascinated by it, you went over to take a peak. It still had that new piano scent. The coat was still sleek and shiny. You could see yourself through it. You put your bag down next to the leg of the piano. You sat down on the padded seat. You had always been a fan of learning how to play the piano but you never had much patience for it. There were only a few songs that stuck to your head. 
 
Carefully, your long fingers began to thrum gently on the keys. 
 
You were curious as to why there was a piano in a dance class, but you remembered that they might’ve used it for ballet. 
 
You played a small bit from one of Bach’s compositions of what you knew until you heard new, unfamiliar voices coming nearer. 
 
“Whoa, you guys hear that? Whose playing such a beautiful melody?!” Yoseob asked as he entered. Gikwang was next to him. His eyes flickered around the room until they fell upon an unfamiliar girl playing the piano in the far end of the room. 
 
Doojoon and Hyunseung were right behind them, thinking the very exact same thing. 
 
Dongwoon came into the room, panting for dear life. “HYUNGS! This isn’t fair! I’m so tired of carrying these heavy bags!” 
 
“Sh!” Hyunseung held a index finger to his lips and inclined his head towards you. Instantly, Dongwoon fell silent. His attention focused on you and he almost dropped the bags. 
 
When you were done, you got up to see five pairs of eyes looking at you. Your eyes widened in surprise to see them stand there and you quickly got up and bowed in greeting.
 
To your surprise, the boys began clapping as if they wanted an encore. “Amazing!” One boy with the most cheerful facial expression said. He came up to you and beamed brightly. “That was amazing!” 
 
You shook your head modestly as you blushed. “It was nothing.”
 
Yoseob shook his head to differ. “I think you were amazing~” He clasped his hands together and gave you the cutest smile a boy his age could ever give you. Gikwang walked next to Yoseob and flicked him. “Yah! Stop showing your cute side. You’re supposed to be cool and chic.”
 
Yoseob pouted. You heard someone laughed. The person came forward and flashed you a set of perfect pearly white teeth. “You really were amazing.” 
 
“Pft,” you waved your hands, making the boys laugh at how modest you were. Dongwoon ran to you, too, with Doojoon right behind him. 
 
Doojoon held his hand out to you. “You’re the new girl that signed up for this dance course, huh?” 
 
You nodded and slipped your hands in his. He gave your hand a firm shake before pulling away. “Nice to meet you,” he said, his eyes flashing with kindness. “My name is Doojoon.” You smiled and told him your name. 
 
Yoseob bonked his hips on Doojoons and lightly tipped him to the side. He beamed cutely once more and held his hand out to you. “I’m Yoseob!!” He chirped.
 
Slowly it became an introduction circle. Everyone started extending their hand out to you. 
 
“Hyunseung, pleasure to meet you.”
 
“I’m Lee Gikwang and I’m the best dancer in this class!” 
 
Yoseob elbowed Gikwang and rolled his eyes. “Sorry about my best friend, his head isn’t screwed on tight enough.” Gikwang laughed and wrapped his neck around Yoseobs neck. “What did you say?!”
 
“Hey! Let go of me!” Yoseob struggled. “I’m the hyung!”
 
Gikwang didn’t let go. Instead he held on tighter. “Pft, by two months!” You blinked at the boys. They were so friendly yet peculiarly strange. 
 
Dongwoon shook his head and dropped all the bags he was holding. He held his hand out for you. “Sorry about my hyungs.” 
 
You laughed a bit and shook his hands. “It’s fine.”
 
Dongwoon smiled. “And I’m the maknae, Dongwoon.”
 
When you let go of his hand, the boys stood in a straight line and saluted to you. “And we’re BEAST!” 
 
You tilted your head and smiled at him. They were so amusing. 
 
“Wait a minute,” Doojoon looked around and frowned. “Junhyung’s missing.”
 
“Junhyungs always missing,” Hyunseung sighed.
 
Yoseob waved the issue away. “When does he ever come on time? Forget about him.” He placed his arm around you naturally as if you two were long time friends, making your eyes widen and your cheeks to turn pink in surprise and shyness. 
 
Gikwang laughed. “That’s true.” 
 
Yoseob noticed how stiff you got and he quickly pulled away. He clapped his hand together in apology while giving you big, innocent eyes. “Sorry about that. I just... I have a feeling we will be good friends.” His smile was filled with so much warmth and kindness that you wanted to believed him. 
 
You were a big er when it came to people being this kind to you. “That would be nice,” you said. You had meant that.
 
Your first day in class and you already made friends with these cool guys, which was more than you could ever ask for. 
 
However, the name of their group... it sounded oddly familiar. The strange feeling burrowed itself in your stomach. 
 
Beast...
 
You were pretty sure you had heard that name from somewhere. Or someone. But from whom? 
 
Other students began to come in by now. There were so many people! Your shyness began to kick in and you kept quiet for the rest of the time. You had gone and changed out of your uniform, and into a white shirt and grey sweats. The moment you came back, you felt slightly self conscious. The girls in the class wore cropped shirts and really short shorts. They had such nice bodies!
 
You just stood there in the corner stretching with a small frown on your face. The girls were ogling at BEAST, while your eyes were ogling their bodies. BEAST noticed your isolation from the rest of the class and inched closer to you.
 
The girls gasped in surprise. You were surprised as well when you felt someone tap on your shoulder. You spun around to see Yoseob beaming at you.
 
“We’re friends now, right?” 
 
You smiled. “Yeah, of course.”
 
 “Good! I can do this now: aigo, you’re so cute!” Yoseob pinched your cheeks.
 
You gave him a weird look and Gikwang sighed while shaking his head. “Why do we even associate with this guy?”
 
“Sorry about him,” Doojoon sighed. “Yoseob was dropped on the head as a child and... the doctors said the chances of recovering was zero.” 
 
You covered your mouth to keep from laughing out loud. 
 
Yoseob turned around slapped him playfully. “Yah! Hyung don’t say that.”
 
Everyone cracked up. The dance instructor came. He started stretching but you already did that. After stretching, he began to teach a basic routine. You were a bit slow, but thankfully you had the BEAST boys to help you. Most of the girls shot you looks and snorted, but you didn’t pay much attention to them.
 
An hour into class, a boy came in. He had a hat over his head, and dark brown side swept bangs. You saw him from the corner of your eyes. 
 
The instructor looked at the boy and tapped his watch impatiently. “You’re late again, Junhyung-ssi.”
 
Junhyung raised his hands in annoyance, “yeah yeah.”
 
The instructor sighed and continued on with the lesson.
 
Junhyung walked over to where you and BEAST was.
 
“Who the hell is she?” Junhyung asked with his eyebrows raised. The atmosphere suddenly grew cold and you didn’t know whether or not you should walk away or not. He gave you the most contemptuous stare ever, and you felt three times smaller and inferior than ever.
 
Yoseob beamed and put his arms around you again. He told Junhyung your name. 
 
Junhyung looked you up and down once before he shoved his hands in his pockets and scoffed. You looked at him in confusion. 
 
Gikwang leaned in and whispered, “Don’t mind him. He’s always like that.”
 
You looked at GiKwang and nodded, though you couldnt help but feel aggravated by this Junhyung guy.
 
Junhyung went to the other side of the room and began doing his own routine.
 
You found yourself having a great time with the boys. They joked around a lot and rarely listened to the instructor but you for some reason, you found yourself admiring them. They danced so exceedingly well. The way they glided across the floor with their feet so effortlessly was like magic. You were mesmerized by their footwork. 
 
GiKwang tried to teach you since he was the best dancer, but your legs were clumsy and you tripped over a lot.  Junyung snorted at your fail attempts. He made sure to snort loudly just to let you hear it. You grimaced, feeling a bitter resentment towards him. Yoseob patted your back, “Don’t worry, oppas will teach you!” 
 
By the end, you finally learned the basics now you just had to master it…. You had a great time. When class ended, the boys were about to ask you to hang out with them but with the way Junhyung’s face hardened, they decided to to wait it our another day. You waved goodbye to them and left the studio. 
 
Junhyungs bad attitude and rude manners towards you didn’t bring down your mood one bit. In fact, the moment you stepped out into the fresh air after a sweaty dance session, he had completely left your mind. You  were smiling when you walked home. You were so proud that you made new friends and you even learned new dance moves. You couldn’t wait to tell L about your day and your new friends.