With Infinite oppas

The Story of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZN1omUESo

Although it was a perfect sky blue day, with the absence of any clouds above, the weather was strangely chilly. Good thing your mother had told you to dress warmly this morning before you had left for school. You fixed your jacket and straightened up. You could see Woolim any minute now. Before you could press the button for the stop, someone else had already pressed it. You stood up, holding onto the bar for support as you waited for the bus to skid to a stop. You clucked your tongue absentmindedly as you bobbed your head up and down. While doing so, the person who pressed the stop button before you stood in front of you.

Your eyes rounded at the bright velocity of the person’s hair. It was redder than tomatoes, and brighter than the light emanating from outside. This person’s hair reminds me of…

At that moment, the bus halted. The doors to the bus opened, and the person took a step out. You followed in his steps, and trudged behind the person. The hair… the stature… so familiar. You tilted your head and noticed him walking the same way you are. You glimpsed down at his backpack, and your eyes widened. On it was a green dinosaur pin. Instantly, your lips grew wide and without warning, you jumped on the person.

“DONGWOO OPPA!” You screamed with sheer joy, latching your arms around his neck and wrapping your legs around his waist. “OH MY GOD!” Dongwoo yelped in horror. If there was one thing that could diminish Dongwoo’s coldness, it was definitely by through surprise attacks. Dongwoo almost tripped over his legs. Before Dongwoo can throw this petite scoundrel off of him, you had giggled into his ears.

“DONGWOO OPPA!” You said in a booming loud, yet sweet voice. Dongwoo froze and he blinked multiple times. He glanced over, and his eyes widened. It looked like he had seen a ghost. The two of you met eyes, and at the exact moment, two wide smiles rose upon two different faces. You jumped down and hugged him properly.

“You came to visit!” Dongwoo exclaimed. You nodded, “I sure did! Wait a minute… school hasn’t end yet. Why did you just get off the bus?”

The look of ‘oh--caught-in-the-act-of-skipping’ crossed Dongwoos face. You knew that face far too well. You raised a brow at him. With arms crossed, you said, “Jang Dongwoo.”

Dongwoo’s face crumpled up. He clasped his hands together in a pleading manner, his lips turning into a curved pout. No one ever believed you that Dongwoo could ever be ‘cute’. He was always seen as monstrous or careless of his emotions. If only they could see half the things Dongwoo chose to show you sometimes… “Please! My favourite dongsaeng in the whole world, please don’t tell Sunggyu hyung I skipped! I slept in today, that’s all! I won’t let it happen again!!”

“Dongwoo, it’s like 3pm… how can you oversleep for that long?” You asked, slapping a palm over your forehead.

“Come on sis! You know me. You know how hard it is for me to wake up in the morning. Or at all.” Dongwoo pouted, the look in his eyes made you feel sorry. Sighing, you shook your head. “I don’t know how you do it Jang Dongwoo oppa, but you always seem to escape my wraths.”

The sad look of dread on his face slipped off and was replaced with the gleaming brightness of his pearly whites flashing your way as he gave you his toothiest of smiles. “That’s why you’re my favourite sister.”

You snorted, “I’m your only godsister, remember that.” Laughing, the two of you hooked arms and entered the opened gates of Woolim. Students passed by, and the strangest thing was that although you have not left Woolim for long, you can't seem to remember ever seeing any of these students in your life. 

While you two waited for the rest of the old crew, you filled Dongwoo on the things that had happened in the last few months, school, dance, homework, death, and well, BEAST.

At the mention at BEAST, Dongwoo stiffened up. The smile he had earlier vanished, and a look of disapproval flashed in his eyes. You could tell from the look on his face that L must’ve told him about the last time… You gripped onto his arm, “Dongwoo oppa, they are really good guys. BEAST takes really good care of me. Don’t worry, you guys have to trust me on this.” Dongwoo repressed a sigh, and nodded with a forced smile. You opened your mouth to say something when a high pitch voice screamed out your name. Your head snapped to the direction of it, and instantly you dropped Dongwoo’s arm.

“WOOHYUN OPPA!” You squealed. The two of you ran towards each other. You were running as fast as you can, but… Woohyun… was running in slow motion as if he was filming a secret CF. You halted and you blinked at him. “What the hell oppa?”

Woohyun flipped his black bangs and gave you a goofy smile. He ran over and enveloped you in his bear hugs. You were happy for a second until his hug became suffocating. “Okay oppa,” you groaned, “I get the point. I know you missed me. Oppa. Woohyun. NAM WOOHYUN!” A sheepish laugh came out from his mouth when he pulled away, “Sorry, a mans gotta express his love for his favourite sister.” You rolled your eyes, but deep down you were very happy to hear that sentence from greasy namu.

The next to appear was Sunggyu, Hoya and Sungyeol. For a moment they had a look of surprise on their faces until they fixed it up and replaced it with a look of sourness. Especially Sungyeol who didn’t look your way after the first glance. You frowned, “Oppas! Don’t be mad at me!”

“Why is the wind so annoying today?” Hoya asked Sunggyu, flicking his hands away at the ‘air’. “Hey hey, that’s mean!” You retorted.

Before you could complain, a voice screamed out your name. You glanced over and your eyes grew wide. All you saw next was a blonde head running towards you before his body collided with yours. “YOU’RE HERE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” He pulled away, and looked you up and down. He scrutinized you for awhile until he pinched your cheeks. “My sister is as beautiful as always.” You laughed and ran your hair through his blonde hair. “And my brother is just as handsome as always,” you gently touched his face and nodded with a thumbs up. “And you’re skin is just as amazing as always.” Sungjong laughed, and the two of you began to exchange a secret conversation.

Hoya, Sunggyu and Sungyeol realized their plot wasn’t working. Stupid Sungjong! We had her in her trap!

You leaned in and whispered in Sungjongs ears, “Oppas are mad at me aren’t they?”

“Don’t worry,” Sungjong shrugged non-chalantly. “They’re just attention .”

You slapped Sungjongs arm lightly, “Hey, don’t say that about oppas!” But you were smiling, and Sungjong smiled, too. “Don’t worry, at least they’re your .” The two of you giggled until you felt an arm yank you out Sungjongs reach. You heard a scoff coming from Sungjong, and you laughed, knowing fully well whose arms was now wrapped around your body.

“Hey baby,” Myungsoo said, kissing your temple. You turned around and quickly pecked him on the lips, “Hi love.”

Groans of disgust came from all around. “Gross!” “Get a room you two!” “Sometimes, I like to watch them being like this because it gives me experience for my future girlfriend,” Dongwoo added. All eyes fell on him. Dongwoo blinked quickly, not realizing that he uttered that out loud.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows but said nothing. You gave Dongwoo a pat on the head then you turned to all your oppas. “Okay, I know you are all upset that I haven’t been able to keep in contact, but I’ve been very busy. Honestly oppas! Your favourite sister in the world doesn’t lie.”

You heard a snort, and it came from Sungyeol. Your lips twitched into a smile. “And I would like to make it up to you all by taking you out to dinner.”

“And then what? You’re going to abandon us again?” Sunggyu asked, his tone absent of any feelings. You tried not to let that one hurt you. You shook your head with a soft smile, “No. I have never left you guys.” You pulled up your wrist and showed them a very familiar bracelet. A heart locket dangled from it, and when you opened it, you saw the seven faces of your favourite oppas.

Everyone’s faces softened. Myungsoo hugged you tightly from behind, a proud smile on his face. Hoya looked like he was about to cry. In a flash of the moment, he elbowed Sunggyu in the arm. “You jerk, how could you accuse our little sister of abandoning us? What is wrong with you!” Hoya’s expression softened when he walked to you and pulled you out of Myungsoos grasp. “Come on, Hoya oppa is the best oppa, I”ll take you to karaoke.”

“Yeah Gyujerk, how could you say such things?” Sungyeol said, turning against his leader and running after you and Hoya. Soon everyone else joined in. Myungsoo stood next to Sunggyu and clapped his shoulder in comfort.

Sunggyu’s eyes turned into confused slits and he stared at Myungsoo, “How did this become my fault when it was Hoya’s idea in the beginning? This isn’t fair. I don’t like how you all are tag teaming on me. Doesn’t anyone ever care about my feelings?”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to answer that but Sunggyu knew what he was going to say and held a finger. “Don’t you dare say anything,” Sunggyu warned and walked off as he muttered curses of unfairness under his breath.