Icecream date!

The Story of Us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqEp8nbgPg

After the day Junhyung slept over at your place, for some unknown reason things had gotten awkward between you two. You didn't know what it was, but there was some sort of tension in the air that you couldn't define.

On the bright side, it didn't seem like he disliked you anymore. You weren't sure if it was pity or if he was just tolerating you, but whatever it was, you were glad that you were no longer on his bad side.

It had been a week and a half since your break up with L. Surprisingly, you weren't as upset by it as you should be. Confused with your emotions, you contemplated on whether or not you should call him since your break up was rather abrupt. However, whenever you thought back to the incident, the image of him kissing the other girl popped up and it would twist your heart in pain from that form of betrayal.

As much as you didn't want it to happen, it did. You had to cut L from your life.

*I suppose this is what highschool relationships are supposed to be like. ..* You sighed at the thought. Today, you were in the auditorium for your dance practice. You were stretching your body when Gongchan came bouncing in.

He was so angelic, he always had an enthusiastic aura whenever you saw him. The two of you were helping each other stretch, one was pulling up while one was pulling down. He flashed you a bright smile, causing your cheeks to flush red.

"Read to get your kicked today?" teased Gongchan.

You scoffed, pushing him away from you. "Not today, but it looks like you are pretty much ready for some kicking."

Gongchan let out a chuckle. He ran over to press play on the speakers. Dance music began to fill the whole auditorium, and your legs were already having a mind of its own. The two of you were always the first to arrive in the auditorium, which meant that you two were free to do whatever you pleased.

Gongchan began to do some silly dance moves, and it made you laugh. That was one of the things you enjoyed most about being with him. He knew how to really be himself and let loose, he didn't care about what others thought about him. As long as he made his friends laugh, he was happy. 

When it was your turn, you started to let your legs follow the beat of the music. You glided against the wooden floors with your moonwalk, and impressed Gongchan with a few popping movements. When he thought he had seen everything, you surprised him by doing a double flip in the air and landing gracefully on the floor with one knee propped up.

People were beginning to pile in, which meant it was time to get serious.

Although you loved dancing and spending time practicing with Gongchan, a part of you felt like you were destined to do something else. Dancing was a hobby, but it wasn't something you wanted to do forever. In truth, you had only began dancing to impress L, but L was no longer your boyfriend.

At the thought of him, you accidentally tripped over your feet.

Gongchan caught you by the wrist, and stared worriedly at you. "Hey whoa, you okay?"

You flashed him a smile of assurance and nodded.

Gongchan straightened you up and said, "I was joking when I said I'd kick your in dancing." He smiled, earning a light punch from you.

"Yaya, whatever." You rolled your eyes and did your own thing. In your head, you reminded yourself to stay focus.

As you tried to memorize the new choreo, your mind kept wandering back to something else. The teacher noticed that you weren't your usual self and said something to you. You apologized, but it didn't stop her from worrying over you. She thought you were sick and told you to go home, but you assured her you were fine.

Gongchan noticed and he touched your arm to make sure you were okay. 

You smiled brighter and made a funny face so that he would think you were. 

After practice, the two of you left the auditorium. Gongchan noticed how quiet you were, and knew that something was wrong.

“Are you planning on going home now?” Gongchan asked.

You nodded slowly. “I guess so, yeah.”

With a small smile Gongchan looped his arms through yours. “How about I treat you to ice cream first? You deserve a break.”

You couldn’t resist his angelic smile and nodded.

Gongchan took you to a nearby icecream parlour. You bought your icecream, though Gongchan offered to pay. You nearly ripped his arm off for that. You didn’t like it when people paid for your stuff. You had your own money, and you weren’t planning on wasting others money. Although you loved spending money on others, you hated when they spent money on you.

You sat down and ate your icecream but still… your mind was on your confused emotions.

Gongchan his icecream, studying you carefully. “Okay spit it out.”

“Eh?” Your eyes widened.

“Somethings wrong,” Gongchan stated.

“No, I'm fine.”

Gongchan scowled, growing irritated because you weren't being honest. “You know I can tell if somethings wrong right?”

You shared a small smile. “Since when were you a fortune teller?”

“I’m serious, now spit it out.”

You sighed as you looked into his earnest eyes. You knew you could trust Gongchan, even though you barely get to hangout at school with him, he gave off the impression of the older brother you never had.

“Gongchan, have you ever been in love?” you asked with curious round eyes.

Gongchan smiled slightly and then nodded. “Yeah, but it was short lived.”

Your eyes widened. “What happened?”

“She passed away,” Gongchan replied in a soft tone, his angelic smile fading. “I was grateful for the time I got to spend with her.”

You gasped. You wanted to ask why but you didn’t want to intrude on his personal life. Instead you just reached out your hand over his and gave his a tight squeeze.

“She’s in a better place now,” Gongchan said with crossed arms. “So, Love is bothering you?”

You tilted your head and nodded slightly, though your mind was now thinking about Gongchan's loved one that had passed away. It was kind of hard to continue on the conversation after hearing something like that. Gongchan urged you to continue anyways, despite his situation. You cleared your throat, “How does it feel to be in love? Like how does it feel when you’re apart from them and all that stuff?”

Gongchan's expression turned thoughtful. He was silent for awhile as he thought out his answer. “Well... When you’re in love, you really love only that person. Your life somewhat revolves around them. When you love someone being away from them is really hard. You miss them a lot and you always want to see them as much as you can.” Gongchan put a finger to his chin as he thought. “Being away from them is actually hell.” He chuckled.

You remember what Junhyung had said. *I… I never felt that way about L. I only enjoyed his presence… but I don’t think my heart was ever really with him. I mean if it was… I would have been crushed that he cheated on me but instead… I was just angry that he betrayed my trust.*

“Well,” Gongchan said. “Does that explain your problem? Did I help?”

You looked up with wide eyes in realization and nodded. “I see it now….”

Gongchan was confused. “What do you see?”

You shot up in your seat. “GONGCHAN, YOU’RE BRILLIANT!”

Gongchan looked around to see everyone looking at you guys.

To his surprise, you leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. “THANK YOU GONGCHAN! We have to do this again sometime!”

You ran out of the icecream parlour with your unlicked icecream in your hand. You knew exactly what you had to do.

Gongchan sat there stunned with his hand on his cheek. *How cute! She’s like the sister I never had.*