Mirror Gazing

The Story of Us

 

 
The next morning you went straight to the Principal’s office. L was walking beside you holding onto your hand tightly. His heart felt uneasy when he let go of your hand. You gave him a smile of assurance before going inside the office.
 
You knocked on the door and waited for the Principal to call you in. Once he did, you walked in the room and flashed the Principal your most happiest of smiles.
 
“Good morning,” he said in a bright tone. “Have you made your deicision?”
 
You were fumbling with your fingers a bit but you looked at him and nodded with glee.
 
“Perfect!” Mr. Park clapped his hands together. “I’ll get straight to the paperwork. Starting tomorrow, you will attend Cube Arts.” 
 
Then he raised an index finger up. Mr. Park opened his cupboard and there was a box that was newly shipped. “This… this will be your new uniform.”
 
Your eyes widened but then a sly smile came upon your face. “You knew I'd say yes, didn’t you?”
 
Mr. Park scratched his head and smiled sheepishly. “I did, I had a strong feeling you would take up the offer.”
 
You got up and bowed. “Thank you Mr. Park. I had a really good time in Woolim Heights.”
 
Mr. Park smiled. “I’m glad you did. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavours, my dear.”
 
“For sure!” You fist pumped in show of your excitement. Mr. Park beamed at your enthusiasm. You walked out with a big smile on your face. L noticed how happy you were and he realized that he felt hurt. It felt like you were abandoning him. 
 
You walked up to him with a huge grin. “When I become successful in life, I want you to always be by my side.” you winked and L blushed a bit. 
 
For the rest of the day, you decided to just clean out your locker. There weren’t much… just a couple of books, paper, and a bit of old pens to get rid of. 
 
You couldn’t help it; you were so excited to get into Cube Arts. 
 
After school, you decided to drop off your new uniform at your house. You ended up taking a really long time walking to dance class. You tried to rush yourself since you thought you were late, but instead you were fifteen minutes early. 
 
As you ran into the room, you halted to a stop when you saw Junhyung dancing alone in the room. He jumped in the air, his body twisting around in a circular motion once before he landed smoothly back down on the ground with a graceful bow. Your eyes rounded in awe. That was really cool.
 
The amazing strength and sharpness of his dance gave your heart a little flutter. Despite being what a cold prick, he sure had talent. Even you can see it in his simple jumps. 
 
In the corner of his eyes, Junhyung spotted you gawking at him. Instantly, his mood deflated and he stopped what he was doing. He walked over to the boom box and stopped the song. Sweat beads spilled down his forehead as he breathed heavily. 
 
He took his water bottle out from his duffle bag and chugged the cold liquid down. You swallowed hard, not sure why you couldn’t move.
 
“Are you done staring at me?” asked Junhyung, his voice tight with ice.  
 
You stopped looking at him and scowled. You walked over to the other corner and dropped your bag and began stretching. 
 
Junhyung and you ignored each other up until the arrival of BEAST. Gikwang saw you and dropped his bag next to yours. “Hey!” Gikwang grinned, lifting his hand up.
 
“Whatsup!” You greeted him with a smile of your own before hitting your palms against his.  
 
A happy voice chimed with sparkles as they called out your name. Just as you turned, you were attacked by a bear hug. You chuckled and hugged the person back. “Hey Yoseob!” 
 
 
Hyunseung smiled and clapped your shoulder as he passed by. Doojoon gave you an awkward one arm hug. Dongwoon dropped the his bag with a pout. You patted his cheeks, understanding his pain. 
 
“WOAH!” Yoseob blurted out suddenly. Startled by the loudness of the boy’s voice, everyone turned to him. Following where his eyes were gawking at, they noticed for the first time ever, Junhyung was here before class started. Sensing everyone’s eyes on him, Junhyung, who was sitting by the big rehearsal mirror, lifted his head up and raised his eyebrows at his friends. Blowing his bangs in an irritated manner, he barked out, “What? What are you all looking at?” His dark eyes flickered to you, but you quickly looked away.  
 
Doojoon walked over to the younger male, arms folded and nodded, clearly impressed. “Huh. You’re early for once. I’m surprised.”
 
Junhyung rolled his eyes and put the cap back on his water bottle. “Might as well,” he said with a shrug. “I skipped school today anyways.” 
 
Yoseob shook his head in disapproval and clucked his tongue. “All these absences are going to bite you in the , man.”
 
“Shut up, I could care less.” Junhyung grumbled. 
 
"You say that now, but watch when we become rich while you’re stinking poor!” Dongwoon taunted him with a chuckle. Junhyung got up to attack the younger one, but Hyunseung held him back. “Hey, hey. Maknae! You don’t even come to school either.”
 
Gikwang held in his laughter. Hyunseung raised a brow and looked at him. “Neither do you so I don’t see why you’re both laughing.” Instantly, Gikwang and Dongwoon clamped their lips shut and lowered their heads in shame. 
 
Doojoon rolled his eyes and slung his arm around Hyunseung. “You wouldn’t know. They go to school more than you, man.” Hyunseung elbowed Doojoon and snorted. “Work first, then school.”
 
Seeing that they were having a conversation of their own, you slowly backed away and did your own thing. You had already changed and was not stretching out your limbs for dance class. 
 
After twenty minutes, students began to pile up. 
 
Yoseob stood beside you and beamed, “can’t wait to see your dance moves this week.”
 
You smiled shyly and nodded. “I don’t think I’m that good though. I keep tripping over my feet.”
 
“Don’t worry,” Yoseob said as he put his hand on your shoulder. “It takes time.”
 
The dance instructor finally came in. He began with the stretches which you had already done. Today he taught new moves, it was hard at first. But of course, Gikwang who was the best dancer in class, was kind enough to offer you assistance. 
 
He taught you the moves step by step with patience. After what felt like forever, you began to get the groove of the dances.
 
“Look at you!” The dance instructor exclaimed, clapping his hands with an impressed smile. “Are you sure you need this dancing class?” He raised his eyebrows at you.
 
Blushing, you shook your head and modestly replied, “No, no. Of course not. My dancing improvement is much thanks to Gikwang here.” Gikwang smiled and winked at you before going back and practicising his own stuff.
 
The dance instructor smiled and squeezed your shoulder. “I can smell talent from a mile away, and here you are right in front of me. You have talent, trust me. I don’t even need a talent radar.” He tapped his temple, earning a laugh to come back from you both. 
 
“Thank you,” You bowed. Ruffling your hair, the dance instructor went off to examine everyone else. 
 
Staring at yourself in the mirror, you practiced on ‘popping’. You didn’t really like popping because it was difficult to master at first. Eventually though, you got the hang of it. You beamed at yourself, realizing how fast you were learning. In the other end of the room, Junhyung was watching you from the corner of his eyes. Seeing that you were paying no heed to anyone else, he studied your dancing. Seeing you pop so effortlessly made his eyes widen in surprise. It took him at least a few months to get the groove of it, but here you were, learning so quick. *Damn. She’s good.* He didn’t realize how great of a dancer you were.
 
Without realizing, he had stopped completely and was admiring you and enjoying the swift but strong movements in your hands and legs.
 
As you worked on your popping, in the mirror you could see Junhyung’s reflection. His eyes were solely on you. You froze and blinked in surprise. In the mirror, Junhyung’s expression grew confused as if he was wondering why you had stopped so abruptly. Looking into the mirror himself, he let out a small gasp. You were looking at him, who was looking at you. 
 
Quickly, he turned his back and pretended to do whatever it was he was doing.
 
You shook your head with a smile. 
 
Tomorrow will be your first day at Cube Arts. The BEAST oppa’s will sure be in for a surprise.