Glad you came

The Story of Us

 

 
You waved goodbye to Gongchan after exiting the school building. After a long day of school and practice, you couldn’t wait to head home. The sun was setting over the horizon, emitting a white afterglow over the faraway hills. You didn’t realize how much time had passed since you were having so much fun in the studio. 
 
There was still some light left from the setting sun which made you less wary. You were walking down the catwalk when you saw figures from the other end making their way towards you with slurred voices. Panic rose in your chest. You gripped tightly onto your bag and continued to walk as bravely as you could.
 
Just then you felt a vibration from your phone. You took it out to see one text message. You smiled and it was L.
 
Baby, go home safely!
Call me when you’re home, ok? ^^
L. 
 
You smiled as you typed a reply. The obnoxious laughter from the figures drew closer. They were inches away from you now. The smell of alcohol polluted the once pure scent of air and your nose crinkled in disgust.  
 
As you clicked send on your message, one of the figures bumped into you. Clumsily, you dropped your phone and it fell to the ground. You said nothing but instead, exchanged angry looks with the men. There were a few of them, and each one of them had a smirk plastered on their face. Knowing that arguing with them would have escalated to something bigger, you sighed and tore your gaze away from them. You bent down to pick up your phone, and at the same time, the guy who bumped into you bent down to your level as well.
 
“Hi,” he said seductively. He had a dull red hair which was gelled up like a Mohawk.
 
You shook your hands in front of your face, indicating that he smelt. 
 
“Hyung, you’re getting burned by a minor!” the boys laughed and pointed to him. The boy with red hair looked back and grimaced, “Shut the up.”
 
He turned back around and leaned in to gaze at you. Scared, you leaned away and stood right up. You brushed past them with much effort and walked away as fast as you could. 
 
“YO! I said hi. Are you deaf?” the boy with red hair yelled. 
 
You continued walking. 
 
Footsteps trudged right behind you, and before you knew it, he had grabbed your wrist and spun you around to face him. You tried to whisk out of the red hair boy’s hand but he his grip was firm and tight on your small wrist. 
 
“Let go of me!” You hissed angrily. 
 
The boy with red hair beamed, enjoying the torment he was about to set foot. “Is this how I get you to talk?” He squeezed your wrist harder, making you yelp out in pain.
 
“Are YOU deaf? LET GO OF ME!” You screamed, but fear was bubbling in your chest. 
 
He leaned in and chuckled. “Feisty. Hey boys, I got myself a keeper tonight.” 
 
The boys snickered behind his back. 
 
Your eyes widened and you shook your head. Fear crossing your features. “No, please no! Don’t hurt me. I have money. Do you want it? I’ll give you it all. Whatever you need. Please just don’t hurt me.” You pleaded with mercy but he began to drag you to the other end of the catwalk. Your eyes started to water from fear about what was about to happen. 
 
You tried wiggling but it was no use. The boy dragged you roughly, and your feet stumbled. All the boys watched you and evilly smirked. One of them his bottom lip and winked at you. 
 
The tears began to fall. 
 
“YAH!” A loud scream came out. 
 
“What the fu—” Before he could finish his sentence, the boy with red hair had now let go of your wrist and flew right to the ground. You stumbled to the side, and with jello like legs, you dropped to the floor in shock and scraped your palms. 
 
You were shaking so hard you couldn’t move an inch. 
 
Suddenly, there were arms flailing around everywhere. You didn’t understand what was going on. It was so dark, and everything was a blur. But there was noises of hitting and grunts coming from every direction. 
 
There was a squeeze on your shoulder and you screamed bloody murder. 
 
A familiar voice said your name, worry thick in his voice. Feeling a sense of relief, you looked up with wide eyes and almost cried out his name. “Yoseob?”
 
Yoseob pulled you up to your feet. You finally realized what had happened. 
 
As if they were your guardian angels, they had come from nowhere and saved you. And… with apparent anger, destroying the boys who were about to harm you. Gikwang stuck out a leg from behind which made one guy trip and fall on his head while he punched another boy in front of him. Doojoon wrestled with the red hair boy. Dongwoon and Hyunseung took on the other four. 
 
Yoseob was by your side holding you. He cupped your face with worried eyes. “Are you okay?”
 
You nodded, but you were still crying like a baby. You were half embarrassed, but half glad that he was here. 
 
Yoseobs lips pursed in a straight line. He glanced around to make sure you were fine. His eyes fell upon your hands and he frowned when saw the scrape on your hand. Taking out a handkerchief, he wrapped it around one of them. You wanted to pull away but he tugged back. 
 
“Sorry,” he said with sad eyes. “This will have to do for now. I don’t want that nasty scrape infected. The ground here is dirtier than it looks.”
 
You nodded blinking away with the tears. Yoseob wiped one from the corner of your eye and pulled your head next to him. “It’s okay, oppas are here.”
 
You nodded, glad that you have the BEAST boys.
 
You cringed about when you saw Gikwang get kicked in the gut. Thankfully, Dongwoon jumped in and sludged the guy right in the face. 
 
When all of the enemy scattered away in fear, Gikwang clapped his hands while Doojoon dusted his leather jacket. Dongwoon sighed while Hyunseung blew on his messed up bangs though a smug look held his features.
 
It was your first time to ever witness BEAST become so violent. Maybe this is what L was talking about. It felt weird experiencing it first hand. You weren’t so much as upset about seeing them hurting others, rather, you felt profoundly glad to have them protect you like this.  
 
“Come on,” Dongwoon said. Everyone huddled around you like a protective barrier, and without saying another word, they pulled you along. Confused, you glanced at them wordlessly with rounded eyes.
 
Gikwang chuckled and looked at your innocent eyes. “Why are you looking at us like this? We’re just going to walk you home.”
 
You bit your lip and nodded. Of course they were going to take you home… BEAST oppa’s would never hurt you. 
 
Dongwoon and Yoseob made a lot of jokes on the way home as if the incident earlier had never happened. 
 
You gave them the directions and they said nothing else but patiently walked along with you. As the six of you stepped into your front law, you were thinking of ways to thank them for their kind act. It felt awkward but you knew you had to say something. But before you could thank them, there was one thing you wanted to know.
 
“Yoseob,” you whispered. “How did you know I was in danger?”
 
Yoseob looked at you and thought about it for a moment. “You’re right how did we …?” He looked at his best friends. 
 
Gikwang thought about it too.
 
“Junhyung told us he would meet us at the catwalk, but he never showed up.” Doojoon recalled. “Wait. What the hell where was that jerk?!” 
 
Dongwoons mouth opened. “Oh yeah!! Hyung said he wanted to go to the studio today.”
 
Hyunseung smiled. “Who cares if he showed up or not… imagine if we hadn’t come….”
 
The boys shuddered not wanting to know what would happened if they didn’t come.
 
You opened your arms with a wide smile. Yoseob ran into them first. The rest of the boys joined in. “Thank you for what happened today. I appreciate it so much. I. Wow. I could have died today.”
 
“Shut up,” Yoseob said with a serious face. “You are not allowed to say I and died in the same sentence ever again!” Then he made his famous angry bird face, earning a laugh from you.  
 
The boys laughed along. Doojoon received a call, and you assumed it was Junhyung. You could hear the anger in his voice and you shuddered. The boys said their goodbyes and hugged you once more before leaving. Yoseob was the last to leave. “Take care of that handkerchief, okay?”
 
You nodded and saluted him. “I will!! I’ll wash it three times just to make sure it’s that clean.”
 
Yoseob nodded and saluted you back with a serious face. You laughed and he did too. He ruffled your hair before he left. 
 
When you entered in your house, your phone rang. You took it out from your pocket. There was a huge scratch on the right hand corner. You let out of a heavy sigh. *And I just got this phone too…* Sighing again, you shook your head dismasly and kicked the door shut with your leg. You glanced down at the caller ID. 
 
It was L calling. You answered in the most calmest voice you could gather.
 
“Baby, are you home safe and sound?” L asked worriedly.
 
You nodded as you smiled happily knowing that you were.  “I don't think you want to know what had happened in the last twenty minutes.”