The only traitor is you

The Story of Us
 
Not once as you made your way towards Woolim Heights did Junhyung let go of your wrist. He held onto it tightly as if you would run away any second from him. The two of you remained silent throughout the whole way. In the back of your mind, you knew this was not a good idea. You’ve never seen L this upset before. You also questioned whether or not L would be at school or not. Would he be at school? But if he wasn’t, where else would he be? Would he be at home? You began to worry. What if he wasn’t okay? What if he hurt himself? 
 
You were torn between wanting to let L blow off his steam, and wanting to find him to make sure he was okay. The black iron gates of Woolim welcomed you both. Junhyung stopped in his tracks, and finally, he released you. He glanced down and said, “I’ll be here. Go on, go look for L.” 
 
You bit your lip in nervousness. “I’m scared.” Your tears have dried, but your heart was racing desperately in your chest. You couldn’t find the small amount of courage to take a step forward.
 
“Why are you scared?” 
 
“Because I’ve never seen him so mad,” you admitted. “I know him. I’ve seen him mad, but I’ve never seen him furious. Not like this.” 
 
Junhyung frowned. He didn’t like the fear that clouded your eyes. “Do you want me to come with you?”
 
You knew you were asking for it by wanting Junhyung to accompany you, but you didn’t dare step into the school without having someone as support. You needed a backbone. You were a coward; that is the truth. You couldn’t face L, not alone. Junhyung was the last person you wanted to be with you at this moment, but he was all you had, and you needed him. You knew L would be furious if he saw you with one of the BEAST boys after the break up, but maybe… if L just allowed you a minute to explain perhaps everything will be okay…
 
You nodded firmly. “Please.” 
 
Junhyung almost melted at the plea in your voice. He nodded and took the first step in. You made a small sound close to a squeal and then held onto his strong, muscular arm. Startled, Junhyung looked down at you with raised eyebrows. 
 
For the first time today, you shared a small, nerve-wrecked smile. “Thank you, I needed support and today you have become my rock.”
 
His eyes flickered wide in surprise. Jun Hyung couldn’t help but return a smile of his own. It’s that beautiful smile of yours that made him go crazy. Something stirred up between you two at that moment, but unfortunately it was quickly forgotten when the two of you heard the voices of students in their classrooms. 
 
Junhyung held the entrance door open for you. Very quietly, you two walked until you found L’s classroom. Cautiously as to not disturb the lesson, you peeked in. You saw his desk where he normally sat, but he was nowhere in sight. The teacher was too immersed in his lesson to notice the eyes darting inside his classroom.
 
You and Junhyung found a corner. Your worry got the best of you. You took out your phone and tried to call him, but he didn’t pick up. You called him twice, and then a third time, and yet there was still no answer. 
 
*Why are you ignoring my calls?* Your shoulders deflated in sorrow. You stared at your phone in misery. If L wasn’t in his class, you didn’t know where else you could find him. He would never skip school. 
 
“Let’s give up for today… We have to get to school ourselves…” You bit your lip, but held onto the gift L gave to your firmly to your chest. 
 
Junhyung shook his head. He could see it in your eyes how much you wanted to find L. “Come on, maybe he’s outside the school building.” You doubted it. You could never imagine L loitering around the school yard—especially if he was as angry as he was today. 
 
Junhyung stuck out his hand, and you looked at it, dumbfounded. He shook his hand impatiently at you. Now you understood. With a small smile, you slipped your hand into his. His grip was as secure and safe as ever. For an odd reason, as you two searched for L, the longer it became, the more you began to forget the objective of your search. 
 
Just as you were about to forget completely, you and Junhyung came across a dark corner that separated two walls from each other. In between the walls was a wide open and very empty space. You didn’t notice it first and continued to walk past it when you felt Junhyung tug you back. You blinked in confusion and looked at Junhyung to question him what was wrong. Before you could, you notice the hardened expression on Junhyung’s face. Your eyes followed the direction of his. Your eyes squinted together to make out two figures in the far corner, and then realization slapped you hard in the face. 
 
Your heart literally felt like it was going to fall out of your chest. You were frozen in place. Your breath caught in your throat. Fresh, hot tears spilled out as you noticed that one of the figures was L… and he was making out with some other girl! He kissed her with fierce passion, the type of passion that he never kissed you with. 
 
L’s hands were everywhere on her body, and hers were roaming his exposed chest. It was as if she had ripped his shirt open. She bent down a bit to kiss parts of his chest only to have L lift her face up to kiss her some more. Slowly L’s hands was about to yank down her skirt and that’s when you couldn’t take it anymore. 
 
“!” You yelled angrily as your eyes glared at the both of them. Horror and angry was written all over your face. 
 
L pulled away from the girl and his eyes widened to see you standing there with Junhyung. He pushed the girl off and was about to step to you but Junhyung was standing in front of you protectively. 
 
Without a second thought, you went up to L and slapped him hard across his face. “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? WE’VE BROKEN UP FOR LESS THAN AN HOUR AND YOU ING DO THIS TO ME?!?!” You took the bracelet out and threw it to him. 
 
“ you! We’re over!” You spat coldly at him. “I, who would never dare to hurt you, who would never cheat on you, who would never throw objects at you, have been betrayed by you. YOU ARE A SCUMBAG! YOU AND HER!”  The girl was startled to become wrapped up in that and she fixed herself up from the back.
 
L was horrified to have been caught. He tried to reach for you to explain, but it was too late. This time it was you who walked away. 
 
Suddenly, L felt a hard impact in his stomach. He doubled over and grunted out in pain as he hit the dusty ground. Junhyung stood high above him and glowered at him as if he was a leech. “You lost a treasure, but don’t be surprised when someone else finds it.” 
 
With that, Junhyung ran after you.