Do I have a Mommy?

The Story of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6Oo-rAckI

 
Junhyung took Jia Li to go to park one day to play soccer around the field. She wanted to improve on her soccer skills and to have extra practice. Junhyung carried Jia Li on his back. “Aren’t you happy? You’re a real life Princess... bossing your Dad all around, sheesh.” Junhyung rolled his eyes in a teasing manner.  
 
Jia Li laughed as she squeezed his neck tightly. “Daddy! You were the one who forced me to get on your back!” 
 
Junhyung smiled. “Alright, fine. You caught me. I can’t help it, okay. It’s in my nature to carry only the loveliest little girl in all of Seoul.” Jia Li giggled and pressed a wet kiss to his cheeks.
 
“Ewwww!” Junhyung said, pretending to be disgusted, but in truth, he loved her tiny kisses. 
 
When they arrived at the park, Junhyung started playing with Jia Li. In all honesty Junhyung was horrible in sports. In school the only thing he had ever excelled in was his good looks, dancing and rapping. All other things he left it for his BEAST members to deal with. To put it short, sports and him was not a good combination. Jia Li already knew about it, but she enjoyed snickering whenever she saw her father’s fail. 
 
“Uh oh, you don’t know how to play soccer huh, Daddy?” Jia Li asked with her small arms crossed. 
 
Junhyung sheepishly rubbed the back of his head and shook his head. “Uncle Doojoon knows though.”
 
Jia Li laughed and started to show off her skills. Junhyung nearly tripped a couple of time while trying to dodge the ball. He was careful as to not hurt her. She was so tiny! However, just seeing her swerve the ball like a pro, made him proud. 
 
In the distance, there was a couple with their kids playing in the playground. Jia Li immediately stopped running and her eyes flickered towards them. Junhyung noticed and walked towards her.
 
Jia Li could see a little boy who was at least her age and his younger sister chasing each other around the playground. The couple was sitting on the bench; the husbands arm was around his wife as they watched their kids play. The little boy climbed onto the monkey bars and skipped a few bars. His mother yelled and said not to be reckless, but of course, the boy did not listen. He made a big jump and missed one bar...
 
And he fell to the ground. The Mom and Dad immediately rushed to his side. The mom was yelling frantically. The boy slowly got up and sheepishly. 
 
“Are you okay?!” The mom yelled as she searched her sons body.  
 
The boy shrugged her hands away, “UMMMMA! I’m not a baby I’m fine.”
 
The Mom sighed in relief and hugged him. “You scared me.” The Mom bombarded the little with kisses. 
 
Jia Li’s eyes rounded slightly and Junhyung forced her attention somewhere else. “Come on, teach Daddy more of your skills!” Junhyung urged her. He placed the soccer ball in front of her, but her focus was clearly light years away. There was an expression that appeared on her face in which he had never seen before. There was grief and perhaps... envy? Junhyung frowned. 
 
Jia Li sighed and she looked at her one and only Daddy. Junhyung noticed her sadness and bent down as he grabbed her small, deflated shoulders. “Are you okay?” He started patting her head. “Are you getting sick?”
 
Jia Li shook her head. 
 
“What’s wrong princess?” Jun Hyung asked worriedly now. 
 
Jia Li swallowed hard and then she tilted her head in confusion. “A lot of my friends… they all have a Mommy… but how come I don’t?” she paused. “Do I have a mommy?” 
 
Junhyung’s eyes widened. 
 
Jia Li looked at him with big eyes, she wanted to know. 
 
Junhyung swallowed hard and looked away at the happy family. He slowly nodded and smiled at her, “You do have a mommy.” 
 
Jia Li’s eyes grazed around the field. “Then where is she? How come I’ve never met her?”
 
This was the part where he was at loss for words. He didn’t know what to say. But the broken expression that didn’t match her delicate face broke his heart. 
 
“Did she leave me because she hates me?” Jia Li whispered, hurt. 
 
“Of course not!” Junhyung shook his head fervently and stooped down her level. “Your Mommy loves you a lot. She loves you more than the bees loved flowers. You are everything to her, Jia Li. Look up at the sky. Remember when I said someone is looking over us up there? That’s where she is. She’s up there somewhere, princess.”
 
Jia Li smiled, feeling hopeful. “Will I get to meet her then?”
 
Jun Hyung frowned. “In your dreams maybe. Your Mommy likes to visit you there. Maybe if you’re a good girl, she’ll come visit you tonight.” 
 
Jia Li’s face lit up like how it did every Christmas. She smiled and glanced at the sky. She waved to it happily. “Hi Mommy! Have you been watching me play soccer? I hope so. Come visit me soon, okay? I want to see how beautiful my mommy looks!” She smiled and waved once more before letting her hands fall to the side. Junhyung sighed and wrapped his arm around Jia Li. 
 
The both of them gazed up at the sky for a long time with a look of yearning and longing for the one person they can never reach.