Still friends!

The Story of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIg8FP52Nc

 
It’s been a whole week since you’ve been at Cube Arts. The teachers were more than welcoming towards you and kindly offered whatever assistance they could, the students however, were a complete different story. Most of the students had a rather large ego and saw you as the poor girl who got accepted into Cube Arts because of your marks, not your wealth. It was impossible to count on one hand the amount of bad encounters that you’ve had in the past week. This isn’t to say, they were harassing you, rather, they simply ignored your existence.
 
It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why the students didn't dare lay a hand on you. It was a little too obvious. Especially when talk spread so damn quickly around this school. 
 
You may be the poor girl, but you were the poor girl that was fortunate enough to be friends with BEAST. Excluding Junhyung, who expressed his disdain towards you quite evidently during your last few weeks of dance class. 
 
As L had requested, you had quit attending dance classes at that specific location in respect of him. L tried to find you a new studio but you shook your head and told him that it was fine, and that your main priority should be on your family, him and school. If you were itching to dance, you had a back up plan in mind: Cube Arts.
 
Cube Arts was known for many different dramatic skills, acting, painting, singing, and of course, dance. The school had their very own dance team, and as a result if you were ever ‘too’ bored and wanted to begin dancing again, you might as well choose this as your alternative. 
 
It’s been awhile since you’ve last seen BEAST. But then again, ever since the mishap from last time, you’ve decided to avoid them. Once again, for the respect of your boyfriend. In order to achieve mission ‘avoid BEAST oppas’ you began slipping away to the music during lunch. Sometimes it was empty, and sometimes there were other students. They often left you alone and did not bother to invite you to their conversations. 
 
Unfortunately as for today… your mother had left for the market early and did have time to make you lunch. She left some money on the counter for you to buy lunch in the cafeteria. As you made your way to the cafetorium, a figure came flying out of nowhere and blocked your path with their long, slender arms.
 
Your eyes widened in surprise and you took a step back.
 
“NO PASSING ALLOWED!” The figure yelled out in outrage, his tone sounded offended.
 
Yoseob?
 
Before you could speak, he spoke again. “WHY?!?! WHYYYY? WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME? TO US?”  
 
From behind him, Gikwang and Dongwoon appeared with a grimace on their face. You heard a husky sigh and you knew who it was without looking his way. Doojoon had his arms crossed as he shook his head from side to side in disappointment. Hyunseung stood next to him and said nothing. 
 
Yoseob continued to look at you with pleading eyes, waiting for an answer. You gulped, guilt crossing your features.
 
The first one to break the silence was, to your surprise, Hyunseung. With one eyebrow raised, he said, “We know you’ve been avoiding us.”
 
You opened your mouth to object the absurd—but true— statement but Yoseob made a, “HMMM!” noise while piercing his eyes into yours. You closed your mouth immediately and lowered your head. 
 
“It’s L isn’t it?” Gikwang asked, apparent hurt in his voice. 
 
You didn’t say anything and kicked the ground with the heel of your shoe. 
 
Yoseob nodded in agreement with Gikwang. “He’s not letting you play with us anymore is he?”
 
“That’s not fair to us or you!” Dongwoon complained.
 
You shook your head as you held your hands out. “No…. It’s just… I’ve been really busy, that’s all.”
 
Doojoon sighed, “So busy that you’ve stopped going to dance classes as well? Isn’t it all such a coincidence that this all happened the day L figured out who you were hanging out with?”
 
You rubbed the back of your head sheepishly, “I forgot how observant you could be…”
 
“Of course we notice!!” Yoseob pouted with furrowed eyebrows. “We notice everything! I just don’t get how you could do this to us! We’ve been nothing but nice to you…”
 
A pant of guilt hit your heart. You looked up and grasped Yoseobs hand suddenly with a frown. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry. I was wrong. It’s just… I should have told you L was my boyfriend… and I just… I don’t know. I don’t want to betray any of you. You guys are the nicests oppas I’ve ever met and and oh god, now I’m babbling—”
 
Dongwoon pressed his finger against your lips. “We know L means a lot to you, but you mean a lot to us, too. I mean, we don’t know each other that well, but I’m good at reading people, and I am a firm believer that you are going to mean a lot more to us in the future.”
 
You blinked your eyes, touched. 
 
Hyunseung mistook your dumbfounded expression as shock and terror so he swatted Dongwoon’s finger from your lips and rolled his eyes. “What he means to say is, you are a cool girl and we like to get to know you more. As FRIENDS. We promise, we won’t steal you away from L.”
 
Your lips grew into a wide grin now. L said to stop going to the dance lessons, but he never really mentioned to stop being friends with BEAST. Plus… there’s no harm…. In being their friends.
 
Now you totally felt like a complete jerk for avoiding them in the first place. 
 
Although Hyunseung knew what your smile meant, he thought it would be funny to tease you. Crossing his arms, he huffed and haughtily said, “I thought we were friends… but seeing that you aren’t responding, I guess not.” Your jaw dropped in horror and hurt at his statement.
 
“Guess she doesn’t care about us,” Gikwang sighed and put his hands in his pockets, going along with Hyunseung’s devious plan.
 
Noooo!
 
“Guess we’re not important,” Dongwoon toyed around also.
 
Doojoon held a hand for them to come. “Come on guys, she doesn’t need people like us.”
 
Yoseob stayed back and looked at you with sad eyes. 
 
“Come on, Yoseob,” Doo Joon called. “She doesn’t need us.” 
 
Yoseob turned a step but you grabbed his wrist. You were huffing your cheeks out in outrage, “OPPAS! You’re all so cruel to me!!” 
 
They all chortled along. You lightly elbowed Hyunseung. “Of course we’re friends!!! I do care about you guys and you guys are definitely very important.”
 
Yoseob frowned. “Yaaa!! What about me?!”
 
“And you’re my best friend,” you winked at him.
 
A huge smile crept his face. “Even if your boyfriend hates me? I’m still your best friend?”
 
You nodded happily. “My best friend.”
 
Yoseob laughed and slung an arm around you. “Look guys! She said she was my best friend!!” 
 
You smiled and walked side by side with the boys to the cafeteria. Hopefully, L wouldn’t mind. Maybe… after a lot of persuasion L just might like BEASTt as much as you do. 
 
From the corner of your eye, you could’ve sworn you saw Junhyung leaning against the wall. When you turned to take a double take, the figure disappeared.  Slightly baffled, you shook your head and paid heed to the joke that Dongwoon was about to make. 
 
It felt like you’ve been friends with these boys since the dawn of time, when in reality, it had only been less than two months.
 
Two months to grow this attached to them.