Yo?

The Story of Us

 

 
As you headed out the door of Cube Arts, a figure blocked your path. Your eyes flickered wide in surprise. Junhyung stood boldly in front of you, his hands tucked in his jeans casually as he sent daggers your way. Every muscle in your body froze and you felt your face turning blue by his stare. It was like he was suffocating you with invisible black magic! Oh god, he isn’t crazy enough to kill me infront of all these people is he?!
 
Students passed by and gossiped to each other. Some even had the audacity to stand there and wait for whatever confrontation was awaiting for you from the almighty Junhyung.
 
Your lips twisted in uncomfort. You stiffly bowed as you greeted him, “Hello.” 
 
He looked at you as he always did—hate and contempt. You were waiting for him to walk away, but he never did. He just stood there, as if he was studying you. You felt the blood rush to your cheeks. Sighing, you straightened up and waited for him to say something. The two of you exchange eye contacts as if you were dying lovers. Except… his eyes were throwing spikes your way. 
 
He stood there motionless for another long second. Does this guy even blink? You raised your eyebrows in confusion. “Okay…. Well. I have to go now. Bye Junhyung.” You turned to leave.
 
Something urged Junhyung at that moment. Finally his throat opened up and he took two large strides and was right beside you in an instant. “Yo,” he said as non-chalantly as he could.
 
You gave him a queer look and smiled, “Yo?” The words just sounded so wrong out of your lips, you couldn’t help but giggle. 
 
Junhyung didn’t smile. But, he wanted to. “Why did you stop going to the studio?” 
 
The Junhyung who hates me actually noticed my absence? You smiled even wider at the amusing thought and then shrugged. “It’s too far and plus I have school and all.” 
 
“Our dance teacher misses you.” Junhyung stated. And I guess I kind of miss you. 
 
“Aw,” you said, touched. You looked up at Junhyung and beamed widely, “Tell him I missed him too. Though I’m not much as a great dancer as you, Junhyung. There’s really nothing much to miss.” You said earnestly, curling a hair behind your ear. 
 
Junhyung fought back the smitten smile. He liked the way you said his name. It made his heart flutter like a school boy who had just realized he had a crush on a girl for the first time. And Junhyung especially liked the way your eye smiled, even when you weren’t.  Junhyung found the way you talked intriguing and he wondered if the way you talked was the same as the way you wrote. And he wondered if your words can be interpreted into dance. And he wondered what it would look like to see that. He did not know what it would look like, but he knew it would look beautiful. 
 
The last of your voice was absorbed into air. Silence fell upon you two. You stole a glimpse at him and was unsurprised to see his usual cold expression. “Well,” you cleared your throat uncomfortably. 
 
Just then BEAST was walking out of the building and noticed you two. Yoseob ran towards you and slung an arm around you. You were stupefied but then smiled. You got used to your skinship with Yoseob.
 
As always Dongwoon would raise his hands up and you would slap your palm against his. That was how you two always greeted each other. 
 
“Hey oppas!” You grinned. Doojoon, Hyunseung and Gikwang waved hello as they came your way.
 
“Oh hyung,” GiKwang turned towards Junhyung. “What are you doing here? I thought you were heading to the studio around 12?” 
 
Doojoon was the first one to realize what was going on. He glanced back and forth between Junhyung and you. He raised a curious brow and studied Junhyung’s flushed features. What’s going on? It’s not like Junhyung to carry on a conversation with just anyone…
 
Junhyung could feel the scrutinizing stare coming from his leader. He gulped nervously. , he’s too observant. He’s going to find out. Without saying anything to anyone, he brushed past everyone and out the school gates. It was hard not to look like he was in a rush, but his heart was hammering so hard in his chest. He didn’t like how you made him so curious. 
 
You tilted your head in confusion. Junhyung is such a weird guy…
 
“Alright then,” Hyunseung said after rolling his eyes at Junhyung. “Let’s go grab some icecream.”
 
Yoseob beamed like a rainbow. He wrapped an arm around you and poked your cheek with his finger, “What flavour do you like to eat? Oppa will pay for you.” 
 
You laughed and shook your head. “Perhaps another day. I have somewhere else to go.” Disappointed groans came out from the group.
 
“Where are you going that’s so important that you’re ditching us?!” Dongwoon complained.
 
Your face lit up like a Christmas tree. “Today, I’m going to go see my infinite oppas.”