Newbie at Cube

The Story of Us

 

 
There was an enormous smile slapped on your face when you stepped in Cube Arts.  Everything, from top to bottom was different. Even the smell in the school was different. Everything was more refreshing, brighter and more welcoming compared to Woolim.
 
Woolim Heights was darker, old, and had small hallways that made you squishy and clamped whenever there was a train of students trying to pass by each other. You walked to the office and asked the secretary for a map. She handed it to you with a wide smile and a sweet welcome. Even the secetrary looked so happy!
 
You looked at the map and your eyes nearly bulged out. There were several floors and campuses to the school. It was almost like a University campus. You swallowed hard and then searched for your locker. 
 
Hmm… locker 28391 where are you? You put a finger to your lip as you roamed around the school. Many students looked at you and wondered who you were. You wanted to ask someone for help, however, the thought of approaching any of these rich kids made you feel uncomfortable. They gave you such strange and unwelcoming looks!
 
Perhaps the rumours were true: rich people really did all know each other. You sighed and forced a big smile. They looked at you up and down, but smiled… sorta… towards your way. Giving up on finding your locker, you decided to head to class.
 
There was a large glass staircase which led to the second floor. You looked at your schedule and it said English class, room 278. You looked back at the map and noticed it was the second floor. A small sigh came out as you realized how much times you’ll be going up and down the stairs these days.
 
*You wanted this!! Make L, and Umma and Appa proud!!* You prompted yourself as you trudged up the glassy, expensive staircase. There were suddenly squeals coming from downstairs, before you can continue you looked over the staircase to see 4 familiar boys coming in. 
 
Recognition crossed your features and your eyes widened to see BEAST. All of the student body was gathering around them and cooing over them. 
 
Yoseob blew on his bangs. While doing so, he looked up and you had just happened to caught his eye. His eyes enlarged and a big O formed on his lips. Snapping out of his momentary daze, he waved to you. Wondering what Yoseob was doing, BEAST looked up as well. One by one, their jaws dropped in disbelief. 
 
All of the girls blinked in confusion and followed his eyes. Immediately, their expression fell and they glared at you. Most of the girls from below were glaring daggers at you, wondering what your relationship was with BEAST. While all the boys looked at you with curiosity. 
 
You smiled timidly and waved at the boys. BEAST pushed everyone of the way and walked towards you. They seemed different. They weren’t the same oppas at dance class. Instead… they looked more… like rebels? They all had loose ties and their uniforms were untucked. 
 
“Hey oppas,” you greeted them with a sweet smile. Yoseob beamed and hugged you. “What are you doing here?!” 
 
Hyunseung sighed and slapped Yoseobs head. “I’m quite sure with that uniform of hers, the answer is quite obvious.” Yoseob pouted and rubbed his head.
 
Gikwang, who was still shocked to see you hear, asked, “You’re attending Cube now aren’t you?!” 
 
“Yup, I sure am. Please take care of me~” You bowed. 
 
“YEEEEAH!” Dongwoon lifted his hands up. You laughed as you slapped your hand against his. “Welcome to our motherland,” he beamed with pride. Doojoon came behind and ruffled his hair, “Sorry. Ran late. What are you guys do—”
 
Then he noticed you in front of him and his eyes went wide. “Whoa! Look who we have here!” His eyes blinked fast in shock.
 
You grinned, “Hey Doojoon oppa! I’m a fellow Cubian now.” 
 
Doojoon squinted his eyes and glanced around. “I’m not dreaming right? She’s really infront of us?”
 
We all nodded in unity.
 
“Since when?!” Doojoon asked like a lost puppy.
 
“Since today,” you claimed proudly. Doojoon let out a gasp of wonder and shook his head as if this was a dream he could clear up.
 
You noticed Junhyung wasn’t here and wondered if he went to this school as well... The bell rang. Reeling you back to reality. 
 
“Oppa!” A girl yelled loudly from below. You and BEAST looked down to see Junhyung walking in the school with his shades on without a care in the world. A girl looped her arms around his. “Oppa, want to skip first period and hang out?” He took off his sunglasses and glared at her.  
 
“Hyung always gets the ladies,” Gikwang complained.
 
Hyunseung signed and pinched the bridge of his nose as if this was blasphemy, “Yet he never wants any of them.”
 
You blinked at what the two said before glancing back down in curiosity. 
 
He aggressively shook her arms off. “No thanks.” He strode off and found BEAST at the top of the staircase. His eyes went big when he saw you. Junhyung looked you up and down. With a scoff and not even a good morning to his friends, he strode off down the hall. Shocked by those cold eyes of his, you stepped back and accidentally stepped onto Yoseob. 
 
“Oops! Sorry Yoseob,” you apologized. Though you were still bothered by those eyes of Junhyung. You had no idea why he didn’t like you. You hadn’t done anything to him. *Maybe he was mad I was watching him last class...*
 
Yoseob ruffled your hair as if he read your mind. “Don’t worry, hyung will become more nicer once you get to know him!” Gikwang and Yoseob looped their arms around you. 
 
“The bell rang,” you muttered. “I should go to class.”
 
“Aigo!! So innocent.” Doojoon cooed.
 
Hyunseung winked at you. “You’re not going to class, at least not on your First day at Cube.”
 
You swallowed hard and eyed the boys. “Huh?! Then… where am I going then?”
 
Dongwoon smiled happily. “We’re going to welcome you to The Cube, home of BEAST!”