An offer of a lifetime

The Story of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzwO2HMnSdo

 
Your teacher was teaching a basic lesson on the chalkboard when the sound of the office buzzing into the soundspeaker interrupted her. 
 
“Write down this formula,” She pointed with her ruler before walking over and picking up the telephone-like intercom.
 
Your teacher spoke with them briefly in a hush voice before ‘hanging’ up and telling you that the Principal wanted to speak with you. Puzzled as to why he wanted to speak with you so early in the morning, you quickly stood up and darted out of the classroom. 
 
You walked down the quiet hallway and passed by L’s classroom. You caught sight of your studious boyfriend sitting at the back. You smiled and waved fervently in hopes that he would see you. L was writing something in his notes when he looked up. In the corner of his eyes he saw someone waving and he looked over. Some of his classmates were snickering while some envied him for having such a cute girlfriend. 
 
*What is she doing?* L thought. He gave you a shy wave. You laughed a bit and made a funny face. L raised his eyebrows, earning another laugh to spill out your lips. You waved to him once more before skipping to the office. 
 
Upon entering the office, the secretary motioned you to enter the Principals office. You nodded along and followed her instructions. You didn’t like the way her face looked so grave and blank; had she always been this expressionless?
 
You began to worry that something bad might have happened.
 
You knocked on the door to the Principals office briskly.
 
“Come in,” said the deep voice that belonged to none other than your Principal.
 
Once you twisted the door open, you stepped in and closed the door quietly. You bowed. “Hello, Mr. Park.” 
 
“Come on in and have a seat,” he gestured to the seats in front of him. You smiled slightly and sat down. Mr. Park was sitting at his desk, staring at his computer screen for awhile. After a short pause, he finally looked at you with a wide smile.
 
You straightened up in your seat.
 
He smiled. “As you know you are one of our top students in Woolim Heights. You’re known for your academic skills along with your dramatic arts talent.”
 
You beamed, happy to hear such nice words come out your Principals mouth.
 
“You are also one of our very brightest students. Right now we would like to give you an opportunity to transfer schools.” Mr. Park fumbled around with his fingers. “It is a rare opportunity to be given.” He quickly added in.
 
Your eyes widened at his words. Shock crossed your features. After a pause, you cleared your throat and spoke in a small voice, “May I ask which school would I be transferring to?” 
 
Mr. Park beamed with pride. “Of course you may. Cube School of Arts would like to accept you in as a future student in their articulate school of arts. It’s one of the top ranking schools and I thought this ought to be the opportunity that would turn your life around. Woolim may be great, but to be given a shot at Cube...” he let out a sharp whistle, which indicated how fond he was of the school.  
 
You gulped. *Cube School of Arts?*
 
You didn’t know much about the outside world, but what you do know was that this school is well known for it’s wealth. The school was literally built on a goldmine. Every student there was  treated like little Princess and Princes. You had nothing compared to them. “Me?” You whispered to yourself.
 
Mr. Park nodded. “Yes, you.”
 
You swallowed hard. “Isn’t it really hard to get into that school?”
 
“Yes,” Mr. Park said with a slight frown. “That is why I mentioned that it is a rare opportunity to be given.”
 
A short silence followed. During that time, you allowed his words to sink in your brain while you bit your bottom lip. A slight crease formed above your brows. You really enjoyed Woolim Heights, though you only had the Infinite boys as your friends, it still felt like home whenever you were with them. 
 
But it was just the start of freshmen year… and you had so many plans for you and the boys and so many clubs you wanted join. It’s not like you wouldn’t make friends down at Cube... and from what you know, they had dozen more clubs there than here.
 
What to do...
 
Hmm.. Cube School of Arts…. 
 
Cube School of Arts doesn’t just allow anybody, and you knew that if you transferred it will bring you big opportunities in life.
 
“How about it? Yes?” Mr. Park urged you with an encouraging smile. 
 
You looked up at him and didn’t know what to say. One of the main reasons why you don’t know whether or not to accept the offer is because of L. You didn’t want to leave him. You enjoyed looking forward to going to school with him and seeing him at lunch.
 
“Umm,” you said hesitantly. “How about you give me a day to think about it?” 
 
Mr. Park made a face but then nodded with a tight smile. “That’s fine. Come to me first thing tomorrow morning with your answer.” 
 
You nodded before standing up and bowing to him. 
 
A new school…  mean new faces, you thought sadly. You weren’t much of a talker…. So making friends might be a bit difficult. You headed back to class but by the time you reached the door the bell had rung. You quickly gathered your books and held them tightly to your chest. 
 
Cube School of Arts... an offer of a lifetime…. 
 
The words rang in your head for the rest of the day.