The beginning

The Story of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHVa6YKMxk

 
You were sitting in your room with your laptop on your lap. Your hair was in a messy but beautifully loose bun as you bit impatiently on the end of your pencil. Your eyebrows furrowed together in frustration as you worked on your math homework. Since when did math involved being this technical?! 
 
It was a Saturday night, and you declined all requests from your friends to head out because of the stack of homework you had. You also turned your cell phone off in case you got distracted. Everyone that knew you knew that you were prone to have the attention span of a goldfish. 
 
“If x goes here, where does the y go to? Where does 5 even come from? What is this!” you muttered to yourself in frustration. “Why can’t I get this right?!” 
 
Your mom lightly knocked on your door. Without waiting for your answer, she peeked in, “Are you busy?” 
 
You nodded without looking at her. “A little... just finishing up on my homework.” 
 
“Did you eat yet?” She asked curiously. 
 
You glanced down at your stomach. It had been growling for some time now but you ignored it. You were determined on finishing your homework first! “Nahhh, I’m still full from lunch,” you fabricated. You didn’t look her in the eyes because your mother could read you like the back of her hand. She’ll see the hunger in your eyes. 
 
She scoffed. “Liar,” she said. Your shoulders slumped in defeat. How did she always know?!
 
“I’ll get you something to eat. A good brain needs a full stomach to work.” She chided. You looked at her and you rolled your eyes with a smile. “Mom, where do you come up with these things?”
 
“It’s Mommy instinct. When you have a daughter of your own, you’llunderstand.” She smiled and left. 
 
Fifteen minutes later, you got very frustrated with the work . You threw your pencil down and slapped the screen of the laptop down and placed it on your table. You lied down with your head in your pillows. “I need a fairy Godmother so she can do my stupid homework,” you muttered into your pillow.
 
There was a gentle knock.
 
“Leave it on the table or something,” you mumbled, not bothering to looking up. 
 
“Excuse me? Is this the thanks I get for buying you a delicious bulgogi dinner?” said a familiar sweet voice. Your eyes widened. Your head snapped up and your eyes grew soft and tender. It was your wonderful boyfriend L. He had a shy smile on his face as he stood by the door. In his hands, he held out a white mini take out box out towards you.
 
“Myungsoo oppa,” you whispered in almost disbelief. Suddenly, you felt very self conscious and you sat up in alarm. You were a complete mess! Your hair was in a bun, you were wearing a baggy ripped up shirt and old shorts. *Damn!* Your cheeks coloured with chagrin. This wasn’t what you wanted him to see you in! You suddenly wanted to go dig up a big hole and crawl into it and never come out. 
 
As quick as you sat up, you plunked right down on the bed and covered your blanket over yourself. 
 
“Hello my beautiful girlfriend,” he said without regarding your home attire. He sat down on the edge of your bed. “What are you doing hiding yourself? Get up.” 
 
You shook your head under your blanket fervently. 
 
L frowned, mistaking your action for being unhappy with his surprise visit. “If you don’t want to see me… alright then.” He placed the bulgogi on your work table and then got up. “Your dinner is on the table. It’s still hot so eat it soon, okay? I’ll text you later tonight.”
 
As much as you didn’t enjoy having L see you in this state, you did enjoy the fact that he came all this way to surprise you.
 
Just as he reached for your doorknob, you called for him.
 
“Aw! Myungsoo! No!” You said as you covered yourself. You sat up, hair even messier than before. “Come back here~” 
 
L’s face lit up and he looked back with a playful smirk. “Do you want me to stay?” 
 
You scowled but nodded. “I don’t want you to see me like this though. I look so stupid.”
 
“Stupid?” He frowned when he came back to your side. He sat down and stared at you with eyes full of love. “You don’t look stupid at all. In fact, I think you look y like that.” He winked, making your heart skip a beat.
 
You snorted and tried to play it cool, “You’re my boyfriend, oppa. You’re supposed to say things like that to make me feel better.”
 
“Even before we were dating, I still thought you were the most prettiest girl I’ve ever laid my eyes on.” L said honestly, making your cheeks turned five shades redder. You slapped his arm lightly. He was such a cheeseball! 
 
“I’m serious,” L said with a straight face. He reached for the take out bulgogi. You watched as he grabbed the box and opened it. The meat was still hot, just like he said it was. Steam came out as he mixed the meat and rice together. Once he was satisfied, he picked up a spoonful of it and held it to your lips. “I know how much you love studying, but eating is more important.” 
 
You blinked. “What.” 
 
L furrowed eyebrows. “What do you mean what? I’m being a courteous boyfriend by feeding you. Are you really going reject me like this?” He feigned sniffles when you didn’t open your mouth. 
 
Seeing the look on his face made you resign. Very hesitantly, your mouth opened. L beamed as he put the food in your mouth. You ate it as you blushed. *Myungsoo is such a kind boyfriend…*
 
“Did you really buy this?” You asked as you cross your legged and faced his way. He shifted his body and did the same. He nodded thoughtfully. 
 
“Thanks oppa,” you beamed sweetly at him. L your cheek with his finger and smiled. “No problem my lovely girlfriend.” 
 
He took another spoonful of rice and meat. You opened your mouth and he fed you with those loving, affectionate eyes of his. 
 
---
Jia Li’s eyes widened. “WHAT? MOMMY HAD A BOYFRIEND BEFORE YOU?!” 
 
Junhyung laughed, Jia Li looked so cute as she puffed out her cheeks. “Of course, she did.”
 
Jia Li crossed her arms. “Did Mommy have a lot of boyfriends?”
 
“No,” Junhyung shook his head. Jia Li’s pancakes were getting colder. He urged his fork at her to eat. 
 
“Oh yeah, forgot about that.” She jabbed at it but it looked as if she didn’t want to eat it anymore. 
 
“I bet he’s not as handsome as my appa!” Jia Li said.
 
Junhyung laughed at how loyal Jia Li was. “Hey what happened to no interruptions?”
 
Jia Li stopped laughing instantly. She zipped and threw away the keys. Amusement crossed his features. Junhyung reached over and pinched her cheeks before he continued the story of you.