vulnerability

Need Your Blood

photo wither.jpg

 

Ew.”, Baekhyun cringed.

“I would appreciate if you stay away from me. What kind of liquid is that?”

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo was waiting enthusiastically because Kris said he has some plans and he needs everyone to help him make the plan works out. But after approximately 3 hours, Chanyeol, Kai, and Sehun, all fell flat on the floor, tired.

They have been stirring the unusual and smelled weird liquid inside a big bowl. The texture looks a lot like slime, and the color is absolute black.

 

“Could i ask what is it?”, Kyungsoo said, still with both hands supporting his chin. “This is the special weapon you were talking about?”

 

Kris was standing beside the big bowl, beside him, is a granny-like creature, with veils covering her face. Kris nodded at Kyungsoo.

“Yes, it is. This... This liquid was taken from shadows, all the shadows you saw wandering around the castle, some of them were squished like this.”

 

Baekhyun almost vomited, he banged the table with his knuckle. “W..Wait this.. what you planned to drown their castle with this disgusting liquid?”

“Actually... shadows’ atoms are very dangerous, and heavy, you try stir it.”, Kai said, still with wet hair and face because of the hard stirring.

 

You told me tall guy!”, Baekhyun snatched the giant spoon from Kai and started sticking it into the liquid, which Baekhyun immediately regretted.

“... you guys were stirring iron!”, Baekhyun exploded. “What were you trying to do while we’re short in time!”

 

Sehun side eye-ing Chanyeol, mouthing. “Is this, the guy you like?”

“I hear that!”, Baekhyun glared to Sehun. “I want to ask honestly what were we doing here!”

 

Making bombs.

 

Baekhyun stopped, Kris walked to his brothers, his face is confident. “We were making bombs with shadows’ atoms, which is considered illegal, but we should do it if we want to have Chen back.”

 

“I was against this idea.”, Chanyeol spoke up.

“You won’t only kill Suho or any other creatures those were involved, but also the others... who were not involved at all.

 

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol. While Chanyeol was looking straight to Kris. His voice was strong, and unexpectedly, his eyes were fiery.

Baekhyun couldn’t even understand, when they are demons but they still have a caring heart. At least for Chanyeol, he has it. He definitely has it.

Baekhyun bowed, he felt rather guilty.

 

He peeked at Chanyeol’s right arm.

The hole is still there. The hole because of blood injection. Chanyeol wouldn’t survive another day if there wasn’t for the injection.

Baekhyun starts to question himself. Does he like Chanyeol? Like really like as in Kyungsoo to Jongin?

 

Why even now, he can’t give his blood to him?

 

“H..Hyung, i can’t do this even for Chen’s sake.”, Chanyeol got up, he picked up a towel from the nearest shadow and stormed outside the hall.

Everyone literally frozed.

 

“...C..Chanyeol!”, Baekhyun followed behind. Which was unexpected by the other three who were looked astonished.

 

“Should we... see them outside?”, Kai offered.

Kyungsoo jumped off his chair and shook his head. “This is a good chance for them to work it out. Nothing will work out if Chanyeol-ssi was the only one who expresses the liking.”

 

Kris folded his arms in front of his chest. While looking at the opened wide door.

He sighed.

 

Are these all he has become? Someone who neglects others and worrying about himself? His property?

Chen?

 

Kris quietly was thinking to himself, if his decision is right.

Would Chen said the same thing as Chanyeol did?

 

 

photo wither.jpg

 

 

Baekhyun lost his breath. He keeps running until Chanyeol stopped at the middle of the castle’s park.

The castle’s park is more like an abandoned desert, Chanyeol kicked some sands with his shoes.

 

“Ey you bas...”, Baekhyun trailed off. “...You were serious ... weren’t you?”

 

Chanyeol answered without looking back. He sighed before looking up into the dark sky. “You think? Of course. I’m serious.”

 

Baekhyun slowly moved closer towards Chanyeol and leaned his head on Chanyeol’s back. Chanyeol feels goosebumps, although he is angry, but the thought of what Baekhyun was doing amused him a little.

Baekhyun sighed.

“Humans have done more bombs than you. Why are you against it?”

 

“That’s not it... we’re..”, Chanyeol straightened his back, made Baekhyum bumped to the other way. Baekhyun shook his head.

“We’re demons, actually were cursed to stay this way, you know. Like.. you try to balancing the world, but wars always happen. We can’t escape from war i understand. I lost my dad, the human prey, of my mother. You have heard this one.”

Baekhyun nods. Secretly thinks about his destiny.

“It will happen eventually, but i just can’t get a hold of it. That’s why i’m mad.”, Chanyeol continued. “I can’t do anything to stop it.”

 

As Chanyeol’s head bowed down, the clouds started to grumbling in the sky, a drop of water dropped on Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

“Even the weather understands you.”, Baekhyun chuckled. “...Chanyeol.”, Baekhyun grabbed the taller guy’s arm and pulled him until they’re facing face to face.

“Look at me, alright? Everything’s gonna be alright. I will make sure they won’t drop the bomb wrong.”, Baekhyun smiled. Another drop of rain fell to his hair, another and soon the rain started to pours.

“How could you guarantee that?”, Chanyeol raised his eyebrow. “I mean...”

Baekhyun smirked. He holds Chanyeol’s hands altogether, his smile shaped like a crescent moon. “I played online games before. Strategies from the sky, i have them.”

“On..”

“You were two years at earth and you don’t know?”, Baekhyun laughed, he seems confident with his idea. “Don’t worry. I want to save Chen too.”

 

Chanyeol looks somehow relieved. He can’t stand the thought of losing Baekhyun too. Because as fast as possible, his mom wouldn’t let Baekhyun and Kyungsoo not participating in the war. Chanyeol told himself, it’s better for him to die than lose Baekhyun, who was smiling in front of him.

 

“Baek..”

 

“Hurry! It’s raining! You don’t want to get cold right?”, Baekhyun tiptoed to shelters Chanyeol’s head from the rain with his arms. “Hurry hurry!”

 

Chanyeol can feels his nose starts to crunching. His frown can’t be taken off his face, and his cheeks became embarrassingly red.

 

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol to the side of the castle, they’re completely wet, but Baekhyun laughed it off.

“What’s wrong with you? Rain isn’t healthy although we are on the sky.”

Chanyeol managed to smile back. Although his heart is completely a mess now, his breathings too, and soon, Chanyeol would lose his control definitely.

“You’re completely wet.”, Chanyeol said while swiping Baekhyun’s fringe to the side. Baekhyun backed off. “Hey! I’m not a child.”

 

Baekhyun filled with worries. Although Chanyeol is laughing, he could feels vulnerable feels down his spines. Although Chanyeol said that he’s alright, he could sees inside his eyes that he isn’t.

 

Baekhyun turned his eyes to another direction and let them being overflowed by tears. This Baekhyun, who was sitting next to Chanyeol today, just doesn’t know what to do. What should he do?

 

“Cha..”

 

“I guess i will ... dry myself, then. You should to, Baek.”, Chanyeol smiled widely. He scratched his scalps slowly. “...Should we?”

Baekhyun trailed off and shook his head, before back to his sitting position. “You could wash up first. I’m alright.”

 

“Ah really? O..Okay.”, Chanyeol walked away from his spot.

The droplets of rain those dripping from his hair, his wet hair and face, and wet coats. Baekhyun doesn’t feel right.

 

His heart said “don’t go.” But something inside him told him to back off.

 

“...I thought i’m ready enough to give my blood.”, Baekhyun mutters. Chanyeol won’t hear it. He knows.

 

 

photo wither.jpg

 

and after this chap i'll have another vacation! see you guys soon! xoxo <3