North and South

Need Your Blood

Photobucket

 

“Why must i care for that child? He has no future, he has nothing good inside him. He’s only a normal boy and he has no advantages for me.”

 

“Mom?”

 

The woman in tight dress turned around to see the almost-ten-years-old boy with pijamas was staring at her. Either with shock or his expression is normally like that. “Mom i can’t sleep.”

The woman cringed but then smiled to the man in front of her before proceeds to push the boy away. “Kyungsoo, i have said what about opening the door when mom was talking?”

“...Uh, sorry mom.”

“Good, now get back to sleep. There’re no monsters or creepy insects, just get your back to sleep.”

“But mom...”

“Now.”

 

Earned the glare from his mom, little Kyungsoo nodded. His mom smiled and get back inside. Kyungsoo could hears some laughters, and then the man’s voice.

 

“He looks like someone who has been bullied so much honey.”, he laughs.

“Yes, he’s no other than a bookworm, sigh, maybe that was from his father.”

“Hahaha honey, you will like my children then. My son will soon be a doctor, and my daughter is a beautiful socialite.”

“They are better than my son. It’s alright, i’ll make sure he will go to a really far away high school.”

 

Kyungsoo holds his pillow hard. He ran outside to his backyard, he hides behind the bushes. The usual thing Kyungsoo always does lately. When he was punched by a bully, when his mom scolded him. But since yesterday, this place is more than that. Kyungsoo smiles to a fur ball near his feet, inside the cardbox. He lifted it and put it on his lap.

A puppy.

 

“Doongie, mom scolded me again. Because i ... i disturbed her chat with Mr. Lee.”

 

The puppy squeaked in reply.

Kyungsoo hugs the puppy hard. “I love you too. But i’m not kidding... there’s something in my room. Doongie, you think demons exist?

 

 

Photobucket

 

 

Kai stares at the clock, which was showing 2 a.m in the morning. He woke up with Kyungsoo still sleeping beside him. He wonders if Kyungsoo is serious about going to the demon’s world with him.

Forever.

 

Kyungsoo looks fragile. Yes he is.

For a high school student, he doesn’t have a cellphone. He’s a nerd. But neither does Baekhyun.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo doesn’t have a telephone installed in their house. Well, now that’s a bit creepy.

Why were they living at such an isolated place? Why has just he realized now?

 

“..Umma.”

 

Kai can clearly heard Kyungsoo’s sleeptalks just now. Mom? Kai thought that he has bad step parents.

Kai silently tiptoed out of the bed to downstairs and examining the cupboard and desks. There’s nothing inside the cupboard but plates and cups, but inside the drawers of the desks, he found some kind of potraits, old photo frames and some letters.

He’s too curious that he decided to open them.

 

The first photo looks like a potrait of a small Kyungsoo. Old photo, it looked like Kyungsoo was just five. He was smiling with two blurry adults, they must be his parents.

At the back of the photo, Kai could read a blurry handwritting.

 

“Mom and Dad. Divorced.”

 

So that’s why. Kai nodded to himself, while he proceeds to the photo frame. Inside the photo frame he sees a young Kyungsoo, maybe in elementary school. His looks was rather sad. It’s like a graduation picture.

Kai opened the old envelopes those were left. They were addressed to Kyungsoo as well.

“... Kyungsoo, you don’t have to come back this holiday. Your sister is coming and she wouldn’t glad to see you. The ?”, Kai exclaimed in shock because all the letters almost sound the same.

 

“Kyungsoo don’t plan to going back this christmas, your brother said that he’ll make a party.”

“Kyungsoo, just stay there until April. Happy new year.”

“Son, we can’t come to your graduation. Congratulations.”

 

What kind of evil parents are they? This explained why Kyungsoo doesn’t have cellphone. Kyungsoo doesn’t want to going back to his “home” so he was trying to be the new Kyungsoo as well. The new Kyungsoo that lives alone in a house at Seoul with his housemate Baekhyun.

Poor boy. Really poor.

 

This is evil.

 

Humans, unexpectedly are worse than demons. Of course, Kris won’t do something like this, even their mother. She won’t ever let something like this happened.

 

“Kai?”

 

Kai immediately shoved the things into the drawer after hearing Kyungsoo’s voice. Kyungsoo walked slowly down the stairs. “Thanks God, i thought you ...”

Kai rushed upstairs, hugging Kyungsoo even if they were still standing on the stairs.

 

“I won’t leave you. Ever. Don’t worry.”

Kyungsoo smiles, hugging Kai’s arm back. “Thank you.”

 

“You’re ready to go?”

“Now?”, Kyungsoo’s eyes got wider. “This late night?”

“So nobody can see us.”

 

Kyungsoo glanced at the big suitcase, consisted of his clothes and Baekhyun’s clothes. He then stares at the ceilings, at Doongie’s little bed. He’ll miss those all.

“...Alright.”

 

 

Photobucket

 

“Luhan?”

Luhan shook his head and smiles immediately at the old man. He has been caught staring at the wall again. The old man sighed. “Son, you’re like a lost little squirrel searching for a nut.”

“Oh really? Sorry... sir..”

 

“It’s alright, i should thanked you for searching me that new librarian. We’re lacking people and luckily you brought him here. He’s a good kid.”, the old man adjusted his glasses, and pointed at the man in t-shirt, he was standing at the end of the ladder, putting books alphabetically.

 

“...Lay? He’s my roommate, no worries.”, Luhan smiles. “I’ll make sure i won’t dazed again.”

“Okay, son. I’ll be back in 10 minutes!”

 

Luhan sighed right after the old man closed the door behind him. Lay turned his back to see Luhan was dazing off again, staring at the blank space.

“You should stop doing that. Shadows will overtake your body.”, Lay jumped off the ladder without any hesitation, knowing he is 3 m high from the ground.

 

“Doing what?”

“Staring at the blank space.”

“Oh.”

 

Lay, staring at Luhan as much as Luhan was staring at the wall. He’s wondering if the boy really loves Sehun that much. That lucky bastard.

Luhan looks like a lifeless body without any soul in it. Lay walked closer to him and sit beside him at the counter. Luhan’s eyes look tired.

“We’re talking normally again. After what those have happened.”

“Hm.”, Luhan nodded. “Maybe this is really the reality we’re destined to.”

 

Maybe.”, Lay said in response. “Speaking of reality. Well, may i?

Luhan sighed, knowing about that look of Lay gave him. “... Alright.

 

Soon, eventhough it was only 12 in the afternoon. The quiet library was filled by the sound of dripping blood.

 

Sounds of the blood being . Luhan’s small groans.

 

"It's no use for me to... wait for Sehun anyway."

Although Luhan has said that. His heart hurt. It hurt so much until he doesn't want to have one anymore.

 

 

Photobucket

 

 

TT_____TT i'm a horrible author for luhannie