He's an angel

Noona in Charge

Aunt Vicky passed away peacefully in her sleep. Nicky stayed by her side until the end; being stoic as she tries to be, she didn’t cry at the moment but Leeteuk kept an eye on her to make sure she was alright. Everything was taken care for, Aunt Vicky have left specific instructions for everything so Nicky could be at peace. The funeral was going to be early in the morning, so Nicky and Leeteuk returned to the house to rest.

Leeteuk was tossing and turning in bed. He couldn’t sleep and kept starring at the ceiling.  He was sad, he just met Aunt Vicky but he felt like he knew her. She used a lot of the same expressions that Nicky said, and they kind of look alike. He would have like to spend more time with her since she looked like a fun and wonderful lady. He had talked with Jung Hoo and with the other members  to tell them the news.

He just couldn’t stay in bed any longer, so he got up to find something to drink in the kitchen. As he walked through the corridor he heard something coming from the living room. Once he got there he saw Nicky sitting in the sofa surrounded by lots and lots of pictures. Her eyes were puffy and red, and she kept looking at all the pictures, looking for something.

“Nicky-ah?” he said trying to get her attention.  “Oh! Teukie……hi…………..” she said looking up at him “I’m looking for good pictures to display at the funeral home…….um……….Tia Vicky always like to look her best……”

Leeteuk just stood there looking at her. His heart ached seeing her look so lost, yet still trying to be strong. He got closer to her as she kept on moving pictures around anxiously.  “There must be a good one in here………………………I just need…………………one………” Nicky said, her voice trembling.  Leeteuk couldn’t take it anymore and he sat next to her and pulled her closer to him in a hug.  She finally let her guard down and started crying , burying her face on his chest, holding onto him as hard as she could.

He felt tears falling down his face as well, but kept on hugging her really tight. Maybe they didn’t understand each other most of the time but right now he knew that all that she needed was a friend to lean on and he was more than willing to be that.

The next morning  Nicky was feeling better, she was in the kitchen making some coffee when Leeteuk arrived from his room.  “Good morning, Teukie” she said with a little smile. Her eyes were not as puffy as the night before but they were still red. “HI, you ok? You good?” he asked her.  “Yeah,  I just needed. …to let it out. Thank you.” She told him “I must be calm, Tia Vicky was really ready for it, so I must be ready for this”

The funeral service was really beautiful. Everything went according to Aunt Vicky’s requests. She was buried right next to her husband. Nicky was strong during the whole event, except  when the coffin was being lowered down.  She whimper a little and felt like she was going to passed out, but a strong hand hold onto hers and she felt better. It was Leeteuk, who was always by her side, watching her and making sure she was alright.

Back in the house, a couple of family friends gathered to support Nicky. Her old college friends were there and they all wondered about Leeteuk being there.  “Vero, who is that guy?” one of her friends asked.  “Oh, he’s the leader of the group I work for.” She answered.   “He’s really nice” added another friend  “He’s an angel” Nicky said while looking at him from a distance. She remembered the way he hugged her the night before, the way he held her hand earlier at the cemetery  and she was thankful that he came with her.

After everyone left, Nicky and Leeteuk prepared themselves for their flight back to Korea. She found a late flight that had open spaces and she took it. Leeteuk had to return to his schedules and she had to report back to work, she had other “kids” to take care of back  there.  Carmen was going to take them to the airport and was waiting inside the house. She noticed that Leeteuk kept looking at the picture of Nicky with Tia Vicky that was placed over the TV set. “You  can take it with you if you want” Carmen said to Leeteuk getting close to him. He got surprised and jumped a little, looking at her with confusion.  “The photo; if you like it you can have it” she said giving it to him. He just smiled and blushed a little taking the picture, “Thank you” he said.

They said goodbye to Carmen and hopped on the plane. It was going to be a very long trip so they decided to sleep. A long trip, preceded by a couple of long days that helped to tighten the friendship between  them………………